Re: Where did my thread go?!

For all your forum game goodness!

Moderator: Moderators

C_Death
Master

#16 Post by C_Death »

nanaki wrote:If you all want to kill one thread to start another, have the author of the game or as a group decide to close it and start anew.
I just realized that once a thread has replies the OP can't delete it. So I'm assuming that by "closed" that the OP will rename the thread to "closed" or "delete" or whatever, then a new one will be made so that a mod can delete the thread?
TwoKinds Wallpapers - http://c-death.deviantart.com/

SpeedFreak
Templar GrandMaster

#17 Post by SpeedFreak »

or a sugestion...since people are losing posts...make it so any posts on that board do not affect the post count. thats what this one other forum i was apart of did. it set the games forum so it would not add posts for a game. that way you actully have to be a good member of the forum to get to 1K 2K....22K o.o
~Alex
My Explorer 4.0L V6 OHV 150HP, 220ft/lb, 5000lb 0-60-15 seconds 1/4 mile-N/A 14.3 MPG

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#18 Post by Fireball0236 »

Isn't that what I said earlier? O o.

Fireball0236 wrote:If the simple reasn is post count, can't phpBB (like invision fora) disable post count increments in certain boards?

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#19 Post by FastChapter »

Deja vu! XD

If you guys can figure out how to set Forum Game posts to count as 0 towards the post count, more power to you. But then again, I'd garauntee some people would stop playing games as a result, ;)

Like Luca Fox said, post counts don't really amount to much if all you post are one-liner "lol" posts, or flood games. ;) Attentive members are able to pick up on those types of things pretty quick.

Fireball0236
Templar Inner Circle

#20 Post by Fireball0236 »

I have never been an admin on a phpBB Board, however, if it is possible (which I can pretty much assume it is), you need at least Administrative powers to do so. And it'll probably be around the setting for that board, and option or so to disable post count.

Kinuki
Banned
Banned

#21 Post by Kinuki »

A quick Google turned this up: http://startrekguide.com/community/view ... &sk=t&sd=a

I have NO IDEA if any of that's correct, so don't neither of you admins go tinkering until you can verify. :P But that'd certainly be a better solution than having to police the board to keep it under control. Is there anyone on the board with phpBB3 experience? Perhaps someone ought to give the techies here a poke and see if they know. :)
Finally, the evil plan revealed!

"Reality has a well-known liberal bias." - Stephen Colbert

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#22 Post by AzeNaku »

FastChapter wrote:Deja vu! XD

If you guys can figure out how to set Forum Game posts to count as 0 towards the post count, more power to you. But then again, I'd garauntee some people would stop playing games as a result, ;)

Like Luca Fox said, post counts don't really amount to much if all you post are one-liner "lol" posts, or flood games. ;) Attentive members are able to pick up on those types of things pretty quick.
I see what you mean. Ever since my post count dropped, I stopped flooding the Forum Games forum. But hey, I must contribute atleast slightly, otherwise my post count would be much lower.
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#23 Post by FastChapter »

;) No worries, the forum games are a good place for members to have goofy fun, but at the same time there should be a limit. My worry was when we began discussing the restrictions was that if there were none, we'd get tons of games that would subsequently drain activity away from the other boards that require some gray matter to participate in.

Don't feel bad, though. Having 100-200 posts go poof from the deleted games isn't much when you look at how many posts could be obliterated if Tom or Nanaki ever got it in their heads to reset the Newbie Board, XD

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#24 Post by AzeNaku »

FastChapter wrote:Don't feel bad, though. Having 100-200 posts go poof from the deleted games isn't much when you look at how many posts could be obliterated if Tom or Nanaki ever got it in their heads to reset the Newbie Board, XD
It wouldn't affect me so much. But, I would dread to see what it would do to others.

FastChapter
The Inkwell Coyote

#25 Post by FastChapter »

;) It's not even being considered, though people were throwing the idea around a few months back when the average newbie thread had 3 pages of "Hello" and 47 pages of "GLOMP LOL ROFL COOKIES!"

Hoooboy, those were fun times.

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#26 Post by AzeNaku »

FastChapter wrote:;) It's not even being considered, though people were throwing the idea around a few months back when the average newbie thread had 3 pages of "Hello" and 47 pages of "GLOMP LOL ROFL COOKIES!"

That sounds... interesting...

FoobyKamikaze
Foodophile

#27 Post by FoobyKamikaze »

FastChapter wrote:;) It's not even being considered, though people were throwing the idea around a few months back when the average newbie thread had 3 pages of "Hello" and 47 pages of "GLOMP LOL ROFL COOKIES!"

Fun for you, maybe. :o

My welcome was destroyed, almost along with my impression of the site...
Makes me wonder what happens to all the newbies who say "hi" and never return.

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#28 Post by AzeNaku »

FoobyKamikaze wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that. Well, atleast you can't blame it on me. :mrgreen:
I wasn't here yet.

How was the situation handled? It doesn't seem THAT bad now.

Sithil
Templar Inner Circle

#29 Post by Sithil »

azenaku wrote:
FoobyKamikaze wrote:

I'm sorry to hear that. Well, atleast you can't blame it on me. :mrgreen:
I wasn't here yet.

How was the situation handled? It doesn't seem THAT bad now.
People got talked out of it. Received a few scoldings, some harsher than others. Though yes, it was Hell before. Much better now.

By the way, this reminds me. Remember that bet I placed on that Fast would become a moderator about a month ago, or however long it was? Well, I won, pay up!
All my life I've seen a world that hates evil more than it loves good ~Johann von Staupitz(Luther, 2003)

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#30 Post by AzeNaku »

Are these last three pages considered spam?