Rant/Vent/sad thread

Anything and everything.

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Rant/Vent/sad thread

#21931 Post by Bellhead »

Sorry for the double post but. It's been a month.

I.. managed to fall asleep watching the stream. (Tom's streaming, btw) Had my phone balanced against my hand while laying down. Didn't know I was sleeping until my phone fell forward, hitting me smack in the nose. Now I can't sleep, because adrenaline. And it's already been a long day...

EDIT: To save space:
I feel like 2020 just wants to hit ALL the wrong boxes.

So apparently firenados are actually a thing...
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#21932 Post by Bellhead »

Pretty sure nobody's going to see this, since I'm editing an old post and not making a new one, but I just need to rant for a bit.

I'm angry with my sister. Well, technically she's my half-sister, but we grew up as brother and sister. So she got married, and decided to have a child with her wife. (That happened.) Had the kid, kid was growing, then I got word that my sister was planning on getting a divorce, with no reason other than "I've been feeling it for a while". Her wife, on the other hand, was shocked. (I talk to them both, moreso her wife.) Last week, I found out why she wanted a divorce in the first place, from her wife. Basically, my sister, who was raised by the best mother either of us could have asked for, was having an affair with an old roommate. Late nights, handmade gifts, whispered phone calls.. and eventually it became too much, and they've split.

To top it off, our mother left us 10 acres of woods, split between us, and all we had to do was pay taxes once a year. Not that much, all told, and my sister said (like 9 years ago) that she would take care of it, and not to worry. Well, without a word to me, she almost defaulted on it, and her father-in-law had to pick up the slack, which he has been keeping up with for years and now won't do since they're not together anymore. So now I have an annual tax bill coming because she never told me any of that.

If she wasn't 3 hours away and in another state during COVID, I'd have slapped her by now, with all the crap she's put her family through. And I bet my mother would, as well. She raised us better than that. I honestly don't know if I'll ever forgive her for this. Her family didn't deserve this. She should have known better. She KNOWS better. She's supposed to be better than this.. but I guess she's really just not.

I'll still keep in contact with the rest of her family.. They've been good to us, and they welcomed us with open arms, warts and all. They... they deserve better.

I just feel like crap about all this because the most I can offer is a warm bed and food, three hours and two states away, where they have no real reason to go unless things go farther south than any of them will let it get. There's just nothing I can do but sit and listen to the havoc my.. sister.. has brought to the family she became a part of. She needs to get slapped. Even if it's just for the sake of it and nothing else.

To anyone who bothers to look back at this.. Well, thanks for listening. And if nobody does, well.. thanks anyway. I needed this more than I realized.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#21933 Post by Insomniac »

One of my cats died at the vet last night... Third time constipated, but wasn't making any pained noises this time...Just loving on us. Like he was ready to go and wanted to enjoy his last days with us... First couple times, he was in so much pain when we took him to the vet. This time though, I'm sure he was hiding it, because within hours he coded and stepdad had to make a decision. There was no way he wasn't suffering, but he was his normal happy loving self...
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#21934 Post by Bellhead »

Car trouble. One thing after another, but kind of all at once.

My daily is an '10 Impala, and my father's is a '13 Model S. The Impala leaks power steering fluid, has massive brake pulsation and the torque converter has been juddering. The Tesla stopped charging today, so he has about 60 miles before it completely dies. My CJ-5 seems to need a wheel bearing, and the wipers are shot, his DeLorean (which WAS his spare car) blew a fuel pump, my motorcycle is still damaged from my wreck, and my father's runs at a calm 18 volts. Now winter is approaching, and the Impala is now the only car we can use through the winter, while we both have busy schedules.

He's bringing the Tesla to have it looked at later this week, but even if they diag it that day, it may take weeks or even months, and many thousands of dollars, before he gets it back and working right. There's.. not even a reason to cross my fingers at this point. I guess I'll undercoat the CJ, and find my heavy winter gear. It's gonna be cold.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#21935 Post by Envy661 »

Have come back a couple times in the last month, and noticed the forum seems.... On the decline.

Granted, it's always been on the decline. I just wish there was something we could do to bump up membership around here and make it feel less... dead?

How active is the reddit? I feel like individualized forums are kind of shifting out of popularity in favor of services like reddit which house thousands of communities under a single login...
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#21936 Post by Technic[Bot] »

It is more like a generational thing.

This type of services have simply fallen out of people tastes in favor of things like facebook and twitter and whatnot.

As such there is very little to do but but enjoy what we have.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#21937 Post by tony1695 »

Well, dad told me earlier that he's taking Boris (our older dog) to the vet later. And that Boris might not be coming back.

I mean, he's very old. He's going blind, going deaf, his arthritis is so bad he can barely walk. I understand why. It just hurts.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Warrl
Grand Templar

#21938 Post by Warrl »

That sucks. If you're there, give the dog a hug. Otherwise, give yourself a hug.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#21939 Post by tony1695 »

Warrl wrote: Thu Dec 10, 2020 5:36 am That sucks. If you're there, give the dog a hug. Otherwise, give yourself a hug.
Good news, he's back with some stronger arthritis meds. Still, just thinking about it hurt me.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#21940 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Well today my employer sent a department wide email. You know the type standard workplace announcements for everyone, rarely important. I was about to sent it to the " pointless announcements folder" but this one catched my eye.

Turns out our medical insurance does not cover chlorine dioxide treatment nor any health issues its compsuption may arise. Chlorine dioxide is a industrial disinfectant and, at least where I live, there is this stupid rumour it protects or cures Covid. No idea which [censored] started it but there have been a couple of incidents of people having problem when ingesting it because it is higly toxic. And some of my coworkers decided to try it, not only that they tried to bill it to the insurance...

I used to belive my colleages were smart enough not to drink bleach, but I have been proven wrong.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#21941 Post by Bellhead »

I'm pretty sure Firefox hates me. Or at least, this version.

Since I'm still using XP, my options for a decent browser that's not Chrome are limited. FF has been good to me, but for SOME UNKNOWN REASON, sometimes it just randomly freezes my computer, and everything but the task bar goes completely black and doesn't want to do ANYTHING. I feel like I should roll back a few versions.. FF-48 worked quite well, save for a few webpages I couldn't view. At least it didn't suddenly lock up when I was reading comics...

I was supposed to be looking into getting a desktop with 10 so I could have a primary PC capable of fast browsing, but I haven't heard from the guy in a while.

Also, somebody took my change jar at work. And it ticks me off.

Spazoid
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#21942 Post by Spazoid »

Envy661 wrote: Thu Oct 22, 2020 8:02 am Have come back a couple times in the last month, and noticed the forum seems.... On the decline.

Granted, it's always been on the decline. I just wish there was something we could do to bump up membership around here and make it feel less... dead?

How active is the reddit? I feel like individualized forums are kind of shifting out of popularity in favor of services like reddit which house thousands of communities under a single login...
Urgh...Reddit is busy, but has some irritating flaws compared to a board like this one.

The major one is, on THIS board, a new post in a thread brings that thread back to the front page where I can actually SEE it...nice to have if you're following a specific thread.

Reddit doesn't do that, at least not that I've found.

It's not a big deal on the drum corps sub, but as I like to be active for armory questions on the fencing sub, it makes it very difficult at times to find a thread if I need to comment on it.

The old fencing.net and fencingforum boards were like this one....and they both closed down within a month of each other.
"Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse!"

TheFrozenSlime
Templar

#21943 Post by TheFrozenSlime »

TheFrozenSlime wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 7:24 am Haven't changed my signature since 2015, and probably never will. Haven't followed the comic for probably that long, either. Kinda been in a nostalgic mood for 2014/2015 recently, so may just reread the comic. The art's been good recently, but I've heard the story's been rather lackluster/all over the place, so I'm not expecting too too much in that regard.
The better part of a crazy year later, and I pop back in. I even graduated college in the meantime! Crazy to think I discovered this comic back when I was barely a sophomore... in High School. I feel I feel time an age weigh heavily upon my shoulders. Never did reread, got distracted. Being in Texas, I've been a little too close to resembling physically my screen name for comfort. Luckily, everything's fine now.
/╲/\╭( ͡° ͡° ͜ʖ ͡° ͡°)╮/\╱\ <------- This is my attack spider. Don't mess with it.
Procrastinator Extraordinaire and Connoisseur of Fine Distractions,
Self-Proclaimed

Trabian
Templar Master

#21944 Post by Trabian »

Work. Been pretty ok with the whole lockdown thing as an introvert. Work support for technical issues is iffy which can make actually accomplishing certain things frustrating.
Growing old is obligatory,
Growing up is optional.

If Waaagh ain't helpin wif yer problem, you is not using enuf.

- Herbes, Black Orc.

Tesla Foxtrot
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Her

#21945 Post by Tesla Foxtrot »

How many new and old legends have come and gone ? :kathrin:
The communist part is a inside-joke with friends. :kathrin: