Your favorite movie?

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

Luca Fox
Grand Templar

Your favorite movie?

#1 Post by Luca Fox »

So... Yeah, like the title says. What are your favorite movies?

House of Sand and Fog, Phenomena, and Labyrinth are all great and I've seen them bunches of times. Not only because the most beautiful actress ever stars in them either! Tae Guk Gi: The Brotherhood of war is my favorite war movie. Krull is my favorite fantasy movie. Nightmare on Elm Street and Halloween have always been my favorite horror films.

Ryusen
Grand Templar

#2 Post by Ryusen »

Thats a hard one. You really can't beat 300- that movie was amazing. Pirates of the Caribbean was really good, and so was Lord of the Rings. Mystery Science Theater 3000 is my favorite comedy, and you just can't beat Saw for starting the push for horror movies in the recent few years.

More to come.
Man can live 30 days without food, 4 days without water, and 8 minutes without air. But man cannot live a single second without hope.

MeaCulpa, S.C.M.
The Last Gunslinger

#3 Post by MeaCulpa, S.C.M. »

Sometimes, the fact that you've been on a forum since you were in middle school really slaps you in the face. -MSCM

Best movie ever? Star Wars Episode VI.

Accept it, you pathetic mortals.

PS: OMG 1000th post :O I'm a Grand Templar now...Meh, Knights Templar own 2kinds Templar.

*Goes to join Knights Templar at post count one*

(J/K. Knights Templar still pwnz0r though. :D)
VERY, GOOD

Spiritwolf

#4 Post by Spiritwolf »

Its a tie between Bill and Ted's excellent adventure, and Big trouble in little china. The runners up are tango and cash, terminator 2, Army of Darkness, and Pitch black.

Yeah, I know, I'm stuck in the stone ages, bite me.

Schultz
Apprentice
Location: In a suitcase, They open up the case and I go "hellooooo! I am Lindsay Lohan!"

#5 Post by Schultz »

hmm I think big trouble in little china is the one that I think is the best,
followed by army of darkness and pitch black, as for family movies pirates of the caribbean is first followed by the master of digiuse.

Sleepyheader

#6 Post by Sleepyheader »

It was Tron. It is now Transformers.
Zzzzzz...happiness.

Talonmaster Zso
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by Talonmaster Zso »

The Princess Bride.

Never go in against a Sicilian when death is on the line!
Human (n): Susceptible to or representative of the sympathies and frailties of human nature.

Loud & Proud Humanist. Malignant to Misanthropes.

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by avwolf »

The Princess Bride is certainly high on my list, too. But my number one is probably The Fifth Element. Spectacular action, incredible hilarity, Bruce Willis, and Milla Jovovich. Favorite animated film is Balto, hands down. I watched it seven times the first time we rented it. (And I was like 14 at the time. I probably should have realized I was a furry right then.) My favorite kung fu flick is probably Romeo Must Die, though I haven't seen Jet Li's latest film yet. *a single tear, as I remember that it's his last kung fu movie* Oh, and I can't forget Sin City, which is also up at the top of my list.

Britt
New Citizen

#9 Post by Britt »

The Big Lebowski - I watched this thing almost 10 times in one day once.

edward SCISSORHANDS - A Tim Burton Classic

The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy- Shame Douglas died before it was released.

The Nightmare Before Christmas - Another Tim Burton Classic

Tis all.
They all deserve to die,
Even you.
Even I!

Luca Fox
Grand Templar

#10 Post by Luca Fox »

avwolf wrote: My favorite kung fu flick is probably Romeo Must Die, though I haven't seen Jet Li's latest film yet. *a single tear, as I remember that it's his last kung fu movie*
Actually, he's in the process of filming a movie and has two or three movies in production if I'm not mistaken. Kung-fu is involved too!

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#11 Post by avwolf »

Luca Fox wrote:
avwolf wrote: My favorite kung fu flick is probably Romeo Must Die, though I haven't seen Jet Li's latest film yet. *a single tear, as I remember that it's his last kung fu movie*
Actually, he's in the process of filming a movie and has two or three movies in production if I'm not mistaken. Kung-fu is involved too!
Indeed? I'd heard he decided he wanted to stop doing violent movies after Fearless. That's some of the most exciting news I've heard in days. Thanks for the heads up. :)

thelostcause

#12 Post by thelostcause »

Don't know. A Clockwork Orange is still influencing me, and I saw it in August...
It's better to burn out than to fade away......

Please to meet you, I'm a man of wealth and taste....
Been around a long long year, stole many a man's soul and faith....

Sable Dove
Pocket Androgyne

#13 Post by Sable Dove »

I'd have to go with 'Origin: Spirits of the Past' as my favourite, but I also love movies like 'Mallrats' and 'The Breakfast Club'. Oh, and 'Serenity'.
Augh! It's too hard to choose one! Now I'm trapped in an intrapersonal mind-trip from which there can be no esca-- WHEEEEEEEEEEE!! SPIRAL-SLIDE!!
And so it was that Godhead Pickle Inspector created the universe. He regarded His creation with fondness and saw that it was good.
http://www.furaffinity.net/user/ivory-raven/
http://www.tumblr.com/blog/sable-sonata

Wynni
Forum Momma

#14 Post by Wynni »

If the chick had lived, I would have said "Van Helsing." My five year old loves it, lol. (No, but once I saw it didn't scare her, I let her watch. She'll get it n put it in herself.

Personal faves include the episodes 4-6 Starwars, The Last Unicorn, Dark Crystal, Labyrinth, The Hobbit, Return of the King (Rankin Bass) and the Peter Jackson Lord of the Ring movies.

Hidalgo was cool too.

Wha? I can only pick one? Ummmm StarWars New Hope, Luke was my first crush.
Image Wielder of the Wooden Spoon. Boogeymen and Slendermen everywhere beware.
ImageImage

Ryusen
Grand Templar

#15 Post by Ryusen »

Its a tough call between LOTR and 300...I can't decide between fantasy and pure action. But if we get some Spartans fighting Sauron, then well...
Man can live 30 days without food, 4 days without water, and 8 minutes without air. But man cannot live a single second without hope.