Before you post your new theory (Common Questions and Ideas)

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

emmy
Violent. Hateful. Fluffy.

Re: Before you post your new theory

#61 Post by emmy »

For the record, word of god about how mana crystals grow:

<Tom> The crystals come from dragons. Mana gathers and crystallizes where dragons sleep. Then humans and keidran come in later and mine them out.

IT IS ALL SO CLEAR NOW

Don't make me slap you on the back of the head.

Envy661
Envy x Banned Forever
Location: Back in the Yamaku Dorms, cuddlin' it up with Emi where I belong.

#62 Post by Envy661 »

Holy_458 wrote:Reminder: This is not a thread for discussion about the comic, but simply a list for topics that have already been debated and closed.

Making a single line post that's only contribution is to quote the person above them and say "I agree" is just spaming.
Agreed.

Also, I think Nora is dying.

(See? This isn't spamming because I have TWO lines. Actually, this technically makes it three)

:mrgreen:
ɔıƃol ʎʌuǝ ǝsnɐɔǝq
deviantART | Steam Account | Forum Sigs | Otaku Streamers
Message me for access to the Twokinds Unoffical Official Skype Chat!

emmy
Violent. Hateful. Fluffy.

#63 Post by emmy »

'I thinks' are not for this thread. Besides that, Word of god states she's not.

IT IS ALL SO CLEAR NOW

Don't make me slap you on the back of the head.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#64 Post by tony1695 »

The way you refer to Tom as 'god' is somewhat disturbing, and I know disturbing.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Cessna Skyhawk
Templar Inner Circle

#65 Post by Cessna Skyhawk »

He's the god of the Twokinds universe in the same way any other author is the god of the universe in which their story takes place. It's not as if anyone worships him. Except for one or two crazy fans I can name off the top of my head.
da Vinci wrote:Once you have tasted flight, you will forever walk the earth with your eyes turned skyward, for there you have been, and there you will always long to return.

AzeNaku
Templar Inner Circle

#66 Post by AzeNaku »

tony1695 wrote:The way you refer to Tom as 'god' is somewhat disturbing, and I know disturbing.
In the phrase "Word of God", "God" in this sense is refering to "The Creator", which in this case is "The Creator of TwoKinds", Tom Fischbach.

Figurative Language FTW. :karen:
Set Azers to "Pun". ImageImageImage

tyber13
Templar Master

#67 Post by tyber13 »

ok, this is what has been bugging me.
It says the current templar leaders were the ones trace employed himself.
If this is true why were they out to kill him, or take away his powers?
And why is the master spy helping him, and why did the master spy attempt to speed up the two's relation by giving him that marriage necklace thing and giving them those drinks :\
cuz the templar leader who was at the basatin island was trying to steal all of traces mana and sedate him.
i r be confused.
did i miss something in the story? :?

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#68 Post by avwolf »

tyber13 wrote:ok, this is what has been bugging me.
And why is the master spy helping him, and why did the master spy attempt to speed up the two's relation by giving him that marriage necklace thing and giving them those drinks :\
cuz the templar leader who was at the basatin island was trying to steal all of traces mana and sedate him.
i r be confused.
It's in the Character Page:
After Trace's disappearance, the Master Templar continued to keep the Order under control until his return. Some are seeking Trace so he may return, while others plot to kill Trace and usurp his power. Still others scheme to keep him away and preoccupied, so he might not return at all.
Which Master Templar are doing what, what the individual motives might be, and how they interact with one another are largely mysterious at this juncture, however.

RDukeforSheriff
Apprentice

#69 Post by RDukeforSheriff »

avwolf wrote:
tyber13 wrote:ok, this is what has been bugging me.
i r be confused.
It's in the Character Page:
After Trace's disappearance, the Master Templar continued to keep the Order under control until his return. Some are seeking Trace so he may return, while others plot to kill Trace and usurp his power. Still others scheme to keep him away and preoccupied, so he might not return at all.
Which Master Templar are doing what, what the individual motives might be, and how they interact with one another are largely mysterious at this juncture, however.
Some of his comrades might have some vestiges of loyalty and a respect for his power (tainted and misused though it was). Others were probably afraid of him and his uncontrolled outbursts, which makes for a poor working environment. :roll:
Others still may have seen his power and had a "bit of jealousy", deciding that they were better fit to rule. After all, when a throne as powerful as that of Grand Templar is abdicated (or perceived as such) is it not at least likely, if not expected, that other ambitious Templars might try to claim the throne for themselves?

Bane Dragon
Templar GrandMaster

#70 Post by Bane Dragon »

avwolf wrote:It's in the Character Page:
Well, so far as the characters go, I'd say master architect is on the "seek Trace so he may return" section, while the master spy and (perhaps) Euchre/master strategist are on the "keep him away/preoccupied" section. Then there's the master mage, who from his little scene and his bits of dialogue seems to be on the "kill Trace and usurp his power" side. That just leaves the master seer, who we don't know enough about to assume where he stands, even with the scenes he's had.
Image Image
What's this say about me? O.o

TheJ
Templar

#71 Post by TheJ »

Bane Dragon wrote:That just leaves the master seer, who we don't know enough about to assume where he stands, even with the scenes he's had.
Really? I remember the Master Seer is the man who controls the blindfolded girl who controls the black cat.

I don't remember the Master Mage anywhere though....
MY AVATAR IS CALLED KRIETH KREISER.
ORIGINAL CHARACTER DO NOT STEAL.
COPYRIGHT: ME.
Kindamoody wrote:avwolf is always right. :wink:
Schrodinger wrote:Stop trying to inject logic where none exists.

Bane Dragon
Templar GrandMaster

#72 Post by Bane Dragon »

TheJ wrote:
Bane Dragon wrote:That just leaves the master seer, who we don't know enough about to assume where he stands, even with the scenes he's had.
Really? I remember the Master Seer is the man who controls the blindfolded girl who controls the black cat.

I don't remember the Master Mage anywhere though....
Never said we didn't see the master seer, just said we don't really know where he stands, since it's never explicitly stated one way or the other.

About the master mage, can't remember the page number. :/ Remember he had one of the masks on though (chaos or whatever)
Image Image
What's this say about me? O.o

Flyboy1945
Council Member

Re: Before you post your new theory (Common Questions and Id

#73 Post by Flyboy1945 »

Apologies if this has already been mentioned but...

In this comic,
http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=260

Exactly where did the Human ancestors originate from? Did they arrive in the same way the European Explorers did? Or were they colonists?
I've already written a small story about my own theory (Located in the Role Playing Board in the Characters Thread, Look for my character Raith).

Note: If this post needs to move let me know, I cant find a discussion board in the forums.

Problem? Take it up with my Panzer.

avwolf
Templar Inner Circle

#74 Post by avwolf »

Flyboy1945 wrote:In this comic,
http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=260

Exactly where did the Human ancestors originate from? Did they arrive in the same way the European Explorers did? Or were they colonists?
I've already written a small story about my own theory (Located in the Role Playing Board in the Characters Thread, Look for my character Raith).
The Humans mentioned there originated from the Human cities already established further East; they'd sailed around the continent for trade, exploration, and colonization. From the perspective of how they traveled, it'd be more similar to European exploration of Africa, or the Chinese seafaring traders around Asia than the European exploration of the Americas. Those Humans were merely the first ones the Wolves had met. From all indications, Humankind developed on the continent, just as the Keidran had. You'll find that reference here:
Tom wrote:I think you're right, I did underestimate the population of Karne, so I've change it from 6,000 to 36,000. As for the Humans, keep in mind that those in the colony from that boat were only the first ones the Wolves had ever seen. The Humans already had a well-established capital in the eastern part of the continent. Natani was never given a formal education, so her knowledge of historical events are flawed and made up entirely of hearsay.

It was in fact the wolves who started the first war and nearly wiped out most of the Human colonies when they felt their territory was being encroached. The Humans only managed to fight back and defeat the Keidran once the Templar were established. This in turn sewed the seeds of Humanity's hatred towards Keidran. In a way, Keidran were responsible for the Templar.

(Just some additional information about what Natani said): She also claimed the the Humans were dying out during the first winter in the newly established colony, and only the generosity of the Wolves saved them, but it's not necessarily true. In actuality, both the Wolves and Humans were dying during the winter. It was only by combining their colonies were they able to both survive. I had original wrote all of this information into that scene, but ran short on time. I will probably go back and add more about the Festival of Beasts later.

Flyboy1945
Council Member

#75 Post by Flyboy1945 »

This may be a silly question to ask but,

What kind of ship are they sailing on? From what I've seen it looks like a Galleon/Indiaman Hybrid of some sort.
Take a look at this comic page in Panel 1 http://twokinds.keenspot.com/archive.php?p=615 from the stern it looks like a Galleon.

Problem? Take it up with my Panzer.