Color or Black&White?

If you want to influence the new book, make your suggestions here.

Moderator: Moderators

Monoalio

#121 Post by Monoalio »

I prefer to have it in color, other comics may not require it , but thats because they relied on other techniques to portray emotions. and other things like trace's hair, but this one does.
although you could apply those techniques to this comic, it just wouldn't feel the same.

also 'if' the books are too expensive to be produced right away, we could pre-order it so he then has enough money to print enough of both color types for whoever happens to be buying plus some more for stock.

Brokenhearted

#122 Post by Brokenhearted »

I think black and white is good( that way it's more like most comics out there,and the're some pretty good ones).Just try to get some of the art work colored OK.
Your brain will explode with awesomeness in five seconds.

Buddha Fett
New Citizen

#123 Post by Buddha Fett »

I'd go with the coloured version on this one. As most of the other posters in this section would agree, the extra cost is worth it for the sake of higher-quality comics like we're used to.

-cheers
http://buddha-fett.deviantart.com
Comments/critiques/ideas, etc. appreciated!

shaw

#124 Post by shaw »

i think color would be good because you can show and deptict a lot of emotions with color. but i wouldn't have any problem with it being in black and white, my preference is just color. :D

Leo

#125 Post by Leo »

I think color will make the book more atmospheric.

The-cheese-stands-alone

#126 Post by The-cheese-stands-alone »

You could have some kind of selection between the types of book you want.

eg.

B&W quality: B&W, extra pages, lower cost
color quality: color, less content, medium price
platinum(just making this up) quality: colour AND extra pages, high price

also, the color in the characters doesn't matter THAT much, you could have trace having white hair, no one really makes a comment about it. and then when he turns evil, the ends turn grey. you would have to think a bit and rewrite all comics to get around the color wheel thing...

thats kind of a pain in the lower spine area (i dont know what I'm saying eiter, don't worry :wink: )
(\/) this is bunny. copy and paste bunny in
('x') your signature to help him gain world
(\ /) domination
(__)

RobbieThe1st
Templar GrandMaster

#127 Post by RobbieThe1st »

well, do be honest, i do see that color in this comic is very much needed... it looks sorta bland without it...

i think a couple different editions would be nice, like a black and white one which would be cheap, color which would be more expensive, but one thing that would be even nicer, would be one in pdf or other "online book" format, all together like the real book, so we could just pay a couple dollars and print our own :D i mean think, a downloadable version would be pretty much free for you, maby costing a couple of cents each download, and you could charge less and make the same amount of profit, which would make everyone happy! not to mention distributing it would be simple, as no shipping would be needed... now sure, you say you might have some people just copying the book and give it away to there friends, losing you money, yet i mean you could do the same with a book, and infact you would probly make more money off of it, because people would see it, like it, and then want there own copy! it would be free advertising.
(another reason to do it :P )
though you would have to do some reediting of the files... yesterday i looked through the entire archive, and found that just the images ended up being 80 megs... so ya... :? but even 80 megs doesn't cost $20 to upload to someone... im sure that for the cost of 1 printed version you could sell hundreds or thousands of dl's..

-RobbieThe1st - avid TwoKinds fanatic since yesterday

Doomdealer
Location: Working in his lab to build his Species Alteration Device (S.A.D)

#128 Post by Doomdealer »

I'd pay $40 to get my hands on a Twokinds book!
Ask not for whom the bell tolls, because I won't tell you anything!

Jib228

#129 Post by Jib228 »

I say color. It looks better. But it does cost a bit. But when you make it I will have more that $20 for it. If thats how much it costs.
"When the game is over, the king and the pawn go back in the same box."
-Unknown
The Tanker of TwoKinds, I got a tank and aint afrade to use it!

caffineman007

#130 Post by caffineman007 »

i choose color i can spend $20 no problem and it would look nicer

Durandal
New Citizen

#131 Post by Durandal »

Yeah, I agree, definitely color. I'd rather pay more for quality than have more money and a decidedly less beautiful version of Twokinds.

Speaking of this topic though, when can we look forward to seeing the production of a Twokinds book being made available?

Loremaster

#132 Post by Loremaster »

I'd go color.

I got Inverloch volume 1 and 2 in color for Christmas, and I'm telling you, it really wouldn't have been the same in black and white. Great quality, I think the price was good, and I've been reading them often since then.
The sky is ablaze with falling stars!

pocketlint82
Apprentice

#133 Post by pocketlint82 »

http://twokinds.comicgenesis.com/d/20070126.html

you can't tell me that this would look better in black and white.
color is definitely the way to go when you consider comics like this with such vibrant colors. it just wouldn't be as impressive without the color. alot of what i enjoy about the comics are how well they are colored.

RobbieThe1st
Templar GrandMaster

#134 Post by RobbieThe1st »

pocketlint82 wrote:Image
http://twokinds.comicgenesis.com/d/20070126.html

you can't tell me that this would look better in black and white.
color is definitely the way to go when you consider comics like this with such vibrant colors. it just wouldn't be as impressive without the color. alot of what i enjoy about the comics are how well they are colored.
While i do agree, black and white would be much cheaper, and would be ok:
http://robbiethe1st.ktserv.com/twokinds ... 110_bw.png
http://robbiethe1st.ktserv.com/twokinds ... 126_bw.png
As you can see, while it loses some goodness, it is ok...

Also, if he uses one of those print-on-demand services, he could make both versions, with no cost to him(making grayscale images from color ones is easy... IrfanView could do the entire archive in less than 5 mins, so it would be easy to do both versions... and everyone would be happy :)

pocketlint82
Apprentice

#135 Post by pocketlint82 »

RobbieThe1st wrote:As you can see, while it loses some goodness, it is ok...
yes, they do look ok in black and white, but i still like the color better. it's a shame that Tom would go through so much trouble to color the comics and pick out the colors just right if you couldn't even enjoy the full color pictures as they were originally meant to be viewed.

i have a calvin and hobbs comic book that has both color and black/white comics. i find myself going back to re-read the color ones but not the black/white ones because the colored ones are simply more pleasing to read. there is more detail to enjoy in the color. i believe someone mentioned it before but things such as when Trace's hair gets tipped in red would be hard to distinguish in black and white.
Also, if he uses one of those print-on-demand services, he could make both versions, with no cost to him(making grayscale images from color ones is easy... and everyone would be happy :)
if Tom could make both, that really would make everyone happy (unless there is someone out there that wants it done in neither black/white or color.....don't know what that would be though...)

bottom line. i'm hoping for color :D but ill buy it either way. (i guess i could always look online if i want to see them in color)