Color or Black&White?

If you want to influence the new book, make your suggestions here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rikunosuki

#136 Post by Rikunosuki »

I vote color, I get lost in black & White, I'm sorry, its my old eyes.

also, how do I preorder / prepay for my copy?
and the goddess spoke unto me and said:

"Galkan size is fine, but Mithran tail is divine"

why yes, I am an instigator

Sekkite

#137 Post by Sekkite »

I dunno. The first link wouldn't change that much, but the second link, without color, gives the entire picture a much more ominous look to it and takes away from how impressive the picture originally was.

Fatalcrash
Master
Location: Singapore, which contrary to popular belief is not actually part of China.

#138 Post by Fatalcrash »

Yep, black and white causes A LOT of problems.

"The worst perdition known to man is that which is self-imposed."
--Captain Dylan Rhys

Hirakiry
Location: Somewhere between where you are, and where the sidewalk ends.

#139 Post by Hirakiry »

I'd go for black and white, I love manga. Course, it won't be backwards, like the ones from japan, but it would be very cool to be able to buy it on allowance. :D
If I can't see you, you can't see me.

Winterstorm
New Citizen

#140 Post by Winterstorm »

I have a lot of manga, and i think B&W is fine, But as many have pointed out, color plays a big part in this comic. even the small things like Floras necklace changing color would have a very different effect if not in color.

However, many (actually about all) manga artists i know have overcome this, and have fine comics without color. Some usualy have the first 5 pages or so in color, just to add a litlle.

Personaly, i think color is the way to go on this one, though honestly id buy it either way. Hell, if two versions come out, i just might get both =D

Last Shade of Gray

#141 Post by Last Shade of Gray »

I'll buy it either way, but would HIGHLY prefer color. The comic is so beautiful, it would be a shame not to see the pretty colors... and if it were grayscaled it would probably not look too good.

=Alisha

BlackBlade725
Traveler

#142 Post by BlackBlade725 »

color is the way to go it just looks so much better
Weasels for all!!!! ...... or is it measles?

Timma

#143 Post by Timma »

As most people have said, colour. And possibly if fan art is added make that black and white?

Hanii Puppy
Traveler

#144 Post by Hanii Puppy »

If i were you, i'd offer both a colour version and a cheaper black and white version =3

Sage
He Who Makes Catgirls

#145 Post by Sage »

Timma wrote:As most people have said, colour. And possibly if fan art is added make that black and white?
Using fanart in the book would be illegal without permission from each artist with a couple of exceptions. Also dont forget a lot of the fan art is really bad...

Koi
Traveler

#146 Post by Koi »

Sage wrote:
Timma wrote:As most people have said, colour. And possibly if fan art is added make that black and white?
Using fanart in the book would be illegal without permission from each artist with a couple of exceptions. Also dont forget a lot of the fan art is really bad...
I think he meant like in the Fruits Basket manga where people send in fanart to have it displayed at the end of the book.

But I might be mistaken...

Sage
He Who Makes Catgirls

#147 Post by Sage »

Koi wrote:
Sage wrote:
I think he meant like in the Fruits Basket manga where people send in fanart to have it displayed at the end of the book.

But I might be mistaken...
I know what he meant - and people dont want to spend 20 dollars for a book that should be X amount of pages of what they bought it for when instead its X plus Y of pages of horrible ugly fan art. As for what they have in the Fubaru mangas - they inform the people that anything they send in now belongs to them rather than the original artist so they can do whatever they want with it.

Lupin

#148 Post by Lupin »

I'd say color mainly because it's more work to change the comics. Besides the wonderful use of color is probably my favorite part of the artwork. It seems like a shame to just exclude it. Maybe a few less people will buy it but the ones who do buy it would enjoy it that much more. I'd say it's worth it for the color.

Also...scrap the fan art. I completely agree. I'm paying for two kinds not the horrible muntant spawn of something slightly resembling a cat girl but is also similar to Pokemon named "Muck."

Dino Agent

#149 Post by Dino Agent »

Some of the original pages (like the first one) are in black and white.
Some of them have "Will work on later" written in the corners.
I hope these get done before a full colored book is published. :D
also there are some small typographical errors that occur in the characters speech.

Little things like they say the the word "the" twice in a row.

All stuff that a gram-mar or speel check might miss. (yes that was intentional :P )

Those need to get fixed before he publishes.

Maybe the people on the forums can act as proofreaders.
Go over the old strips and look for errors in speech bubbles or pages that need completion or coloring.

They would be willing to do it for free too which is more than you can ask for from a professional publishing company.

I personally can't wait until a book comes out my girlfriend and I love this series.
I would probably buy one for me and one for her and would be willing to pay twenty dollars for each.

I would prefer color because it makes it easier to tell some of the characters apart.
Whose Woods These Are I do Not Know :?
- Robert Frost

couchattack

#150 Post by couchattack »

I rather like how the first pages are in B&W i dont know whether it was planned or not but it started to be color right about as Trace came out of his post-amnesia-haze (I cant really think of a better way to put it) and starts to develop as a character.(namely, finding out more about Flora and the keidran)