Moderator: Moderators

Arctic Green
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

Re: Comic for May 18, 2023: Reni's Wrath

#16 Post by Arctic Green »

I hate this guy so much... my mind keeps chanting "EAT HIM! EAT HIM! EAT HIM!"

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#17 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Well, I don't know what Tom has in store for Clovis. But I do know this: The Folf is, more likely than not, very, very, VERY screwed.

(I had to call him that in reference to that one Pinky and the Brain parody sketch. Sorry if nobody got it.)
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Eclipse
Templar Master

#18 Post by Eclipse »

Dreamfox wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 11:44 am
Eclipse wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 7:09 am Yes, but is now the right time for Brahn to make his move? We know that he wants to take Clovis down too, so there's no need for him to rush in and save him, he can just let Trace and Co. take him out. And he probably doesn't want anyone finding out that he's in cahoots with Clovis, so it's probably in his best interest not to confront Trace and Co. head on (which would involve him fighting several strong magic users and a dragon AND he would have to kill them all to keep them quiet, which would be a monumental challenge even for him and his men) and instead deal with Trace discreetly (maybe have his men show up to take Clovis into custody and lure Trace into a trap somehow?).
Actually, a living and captured Clovis does not fit into Brahn's plan at all. Who hired Clovis again to attack Edinmire and free the wolves? He can't have Clovis alive and talking, especially if evil Trace has not been reawakened.
And after Trace has just rejected an evil relic of himself that seems to be more unlikely than ever before.
Although Reni reading Clovis' mind alone does not bode well for Brahn either. Hiring Clovis to attack Edinmire is bad enough, but paying him with a magic artefact that makes Clovis, an enemy, stronger?
The Tigers would quickly change their stance, but even worse, Edinmire might turn against the Templars.
While I don't think Edinmire would take sides in the war, denying resources alone could be bad enough.
Once more, we will see where this goes.
Well no, and timing is going to be key for Brahn. If he steps in too early, Clovis blabs to Trace and Co. to save his own hide. If he steps in too late, Trace and Co. interrogate Clovis and he blabs to save his own hide. Brahn is going to want to step in just after Clovis is defeated and have his men arrest him on the spot after he's defeated. Then he can be quietly silenced before he says anything.

Reni's telepathy does throw a monkey wrench into Brahn's plans. She may have already read his mind and found out about it. I'm not quite sure how Brahn is going to handle that, it might even be his undoing.

BigNorseWolf
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Clovis

#19 Post by BigNorseWolf »

Strongfang wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 9:31 am
Unfortunately there will be no curses, as Tom revealed that Reni doesn't have the ability to do that, likely because of her young age an inexperience. She even admitted herself, she can't transform someone into something else as she lacks the knowledge and experience to do so.
Renni doesn't have the knowledge to do that...but could she make clovis do it?

Warrl
Grand Templar

#20 Post by Warrl »

While Reni was trapped in that jar, how closely could she watch what Clovis was doing? It's possible that she just learned how to transform people, by watching Clovis give Karen a tail.

Rafe
Council Member

#21 Post by Rafe »

First off, don't forget we're in a genuine battle here. Characters are being badly injured and KILLED. Sythe and Kat were attacked by Romulus and Remus. Sythe is badly injured, and Romulus and Remus are dead (killed by Zen and Nibbly!) Despite this Sythe rescues Maren - Stoney "dies", as does Detritus. And Rose dies in a spectacular scene. Clovis shows up, kills Roan horribly, then Brutus (or tries to) then gets in a fight, mainly with Reni and Natani...

But back to Reni...
Remember Reni is a soldier, and a very fearless one at that. Remember, during the initial attack, she dove into the (Wolf) Templars to kill them. She slammed Brutus off the wall and put him into a coma. She is not afraid to kill in a fight, and a fight is very much still going on with Clovis. Just seconds ago, he came very close to killing Natani.
Arctic Green wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 4:28 pm I hate this guy so much... my mind keeps chanting "EAT HIM! EAT HIM! EAT HIM!"
I had a very similar flashback. Seeing Reni looming over a tiny Clovis reminded me of one of the most horrifying movie scenes I ever saw as a kid. Some of you who like classic horror films might remember it. t was In the 1958 version of The Fly, starring Vincent Price and David Hedison. In that scene, a tiny fly-sized Hedison is caught by a spider, and as spiders do, he was paralyzed and wrapped in a web for a later meal. Then, still alive and fully conscious, the spider comes for him, all the while his tiny voice sceaming "Heeelp! Help me!... Nooo!"

That is what I'd like to see, Clovis, paralyzed and unable to escape, and Reni explaining, "...this takes no magic at all. It's something we Dragons have done for millenia. You are going to stay alive, and you are going to stay fully conscious, while I slowly suck your insides out..."

That would be "Wrath".

(You Tube of that scene https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DvwToftyN1o)

Riddle78
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#22 Post by Riddle78 »

Hmm... While I'd love to see Clovis get the Penance Stare from Reni,I'd personally rate Nora to be a far harsher soul than Reni. And all Nora did to Clovis for his transgressions in the past was humiliation. Coin toss,really,on whether or not Reni's gonna kill the man. However,far more importantly to me,and not at all relevant to the plot of the comic; That last panel is magnificent. Like,I can see it being used on an MtG card,ye gods.

Strongfang
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora

#23 Post by Strongfang »

BigNorseWolf wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 7:36 am
Strongfang wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 9:31 am
Unfortunately there will be no curses, as Tom revealed that Reni doesn't have the ability to do that, likely because of her young age an inexperience. She even admitted herself, she can't transform someone into something else as she lacks the knowledge and experience to do so.
Renni doesn't have the knowledge to do that...but could she make clovis do it?
Probably not. I highly doubt Reni could force Clovis to do anything, either through mental control, or just straight up brainwashing. If such a thing was possible for Nora to do too someone, then it's very unlikely that Reni would be able to do something similar, since again, she has no knowledge or experience in regards to actually go about doing that, let alone having the kind of experience that Nora has, due to just how impossibly old she is.
Warrl wrote: Fri May 19, 2023 3:32 pm While Reni was trapped in that jar, how closely could she watch what Clovis was doing? It's possible that she just learned how to transform people, by watching Clovis give Karen a tail.
Based on what we've seen, Reni was completely unaware of what was happening on the outside. For starters Clovis had forcibly prevented her from using his telepathy, then forcibly dragged her into his mindscape, before proceeding to trap her soul in his amulet. Furthermore based on Reni's surprised reaction to the soul jar she was trapped in getting fractured, it stands to reason, that she had no clue what was happening on the outside, other than the fact, that Clovis had stolen her magic for himself, using her magic in some manner, and she had no way out of the situation.

As for learning all the magic that Clovis knows. She could in theory read his mind to gain whatever knowledge he has, but as she herself has stated in earlier chapters, for her to actually do all the things that Clovis could do, as in use all kinds of different spell that how would have learnt how to do, she would have to actually learn and practice how to do all of the magic from the ground up. How to cast the spells correctly, how to cast the spells safely, the varies ways she could use them, the dangers of such spells, how much mana would be required, and so on and so forth. Even if she's a dragon, and her magic is astronomical, she still has to learn and practice how to use spells like everyone else.

Please try not to double post. You can quote multiple posts by scrolling down on the reply page and hitting the quote button on any other posts you wish to quote. -Lief
Last edited by Lief on Sat May 20, 2023 6:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Merging a double-post.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#24 Post by Eclipse »

Tornir wrote: Thu May 18, 2023 2:31 pm I wonder if the manor's got any more of those de-luxe slave collars?
Stick one on Clovis and put him to work fixing all the damage he's caused.
(He can also serve tea to Nat, just to rub it in.)
Was thinking about this some more, and while it would be very satisfying to see Clovis being forced to help Trace and Co., it's not their style. Remember that Trace has never been okay with slave collars since his memory loss (Flora did wear one as a disguise, but that's about it) and Eric is even starting to turn away from slavery and freed his slaves. So I don't see them doing this to Clovis. More likely he's either going to end up dead, arrested, or magically incapacitated in some way.

multilis
Citizen

#25 Post by multilis »

I think goal of team Templer would be to end Clovis life as soon as possible unless they fed him misinformation. He's a threat to the original goal of preventing all other races from uniting against Templer.... with Trace, Nora, Reni and likely most other dragons and some humans joining the anti Templer alliance as well.

Its a race against time to reduce amount of memories Reni and other dragons can extract from Clovis.

multilis
Citizen

#26 Post by multilis »

So many love tropes! Belligerent sexual tension, angel devil shipping, kidnapped (mind) romance, two kinds/different species, etc.

"I fell in to a burning ring of fire", "She blew my mind", "Falling head over heals", "I love big butts"