Comic for May 10, 2023: Nice Catch!

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Comic for May 10, 2023: Nice Catch!

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

jacobc62
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for May 10, 2023: Nice Catch!

#2 Post by jacobc62 »

Careful Brahn.... Your "I'm an antagonist" is showing......

Also.... perfect opportunity for a Hellsing Abridged reference:
Clovis: "You..... How?!"
Natani: "[censored] you, that's how!"
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#3 Post by tony1695 »

So, Brahn can see things because of the amulet, right? That is how that works, right? If so, how long until that starts to fail because of the damage Nat did with that spellblast?

Also, cute little detail with Karen's new tail smacking Maddie in the face.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Esn
New Citizen

#4 Post by Esn »

Has it been discussed before whether former-Natani's and Brahn's two-eyes-of-different-colours signify the same thing?

Does Brahn have a soul-link to his daughter in the same way that Natani used to have a soul-link to Zen?

If so, perhaps Brahn cannot die as long as his daughter is safe elsewhere...
tony1695 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:03 am So, Brahn can see things because of the amulet, right? That is how that works, right? If so, how long until that starts to fail because of the damage Nat did with that spellblast?
Not sure... I mean, there was that cat in one of the previous pages that was spying on Keith and Natani through the bedroom window, I think (970, 974). Maybe Brahn/daughter are still spying through the cat's eyes?

Thomas Rot
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The villager on page 224

#5 Post by Thomas Rot »

Wow, lots going on in this page!

Days without someone’s appendage smacking Maddie in the face: 2 0

That is a floor surprisingly free of debris considering the glass dome above it just got shattered a few minutes ago. I expect some other parts of the roof will get shattered too when Clovis falls. Rough day for Trace’s roof, getting dragons hurled through it from every direction.

Trace finally rejoins the group! About to get shoved aside by impending events up to and including falling folf, Reni waking up, Maren/Sythe, and the various intrusions of Mr Cereal and the things going on in Edinmire, of course, but at least he's here.
Esn wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:13 am Has it been discussed before whether former-Natani's and Brahn's two-eyes-of-different-colours signify the same thing?

Does Brahn have a soul-link to his daughter in the same way that Natani used to have a soul-link to Zen?

If so, perhaps Brahn cannot die as long as his daughter is safe elsewhere...
tony1695 wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 9:03 am So, Brahn can see things because of the amulet, right? That is how that works, right? If so, how long until that starts to fail because of the damage Nat did with that spellblast?
Not sure... I mean, there was that cat in one of the previous pages that was spying on Keith and Natani through the bedroom window, I think (970, 974). Maybe Brahn/daughter are still spying through the cat's eyes?
I always thought All-Brahn just had a particularly severe case of Plot-Significant Character Heterochromia.

When the dungeon exploded that cat was still actively spying and the crystal ball showed what it was seeing, and this panel can't be their view through the amulet because that is a long way away from where Trace currently is. Has to be the cat.

But the shadow that appeared in Clovis’ mindscape does show the amulet is capable of being used to spy on the mental level rather than the physical.

leinglo
Traveler

#6 Post by leinglo »

I believe the proper term is "Gotcha, [censored]"

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#7 Post by Tornir »

I'm going to speculate that Clovis is still in derg form ATM.
When Reni busts out of that fractured bottle, I think he's gonna lose access to her magic, and in a page or two there'll be a folf falling back through the broken skylight.

Not putting money on anyone catching him.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#8 Post by Bellhead »

Tornir wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:36 pm I'm going to speculate that Clovis is still in derg form ATM.
When Reni busts out of that fractured bottle, I think he's gonna lose access to her magic, and in a page or two there'll be a folf falling back through the broken skylight.

I'll add one better, that he'll land on the roof instead, so he can make his villain's escape, only to be intercepted by Landen and Sealeen still sitting in the bushes.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#9 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Is anyone else gonna talk about how Karen just accidentally whacked Maddie in the face with her new tail?

I just thought it was funny.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Twilight
Traveler

#10 Post by Twilight »

Tornir wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 12:36 pm I'm going to speculate that Clovis is still in derg form ATM.

I bet Brutus would catch Clovis, just because he is that loyal.

Rafe
Council Member

#11 Post by Rafe »

If I'm seeing it right, there isn't anything left of Clovis, in his fox form anyway. It looks as if he's just faded away after that last hit from Natani. Nothing left but a few wisps of red. Even on the last page he was starting to fade. The dragon form is still there, but it looks to be wincing in pain.

You've got Reni breaking free, Brahn lurking around, Trace finally showing up, Raine trying to help, and who knows who else might show up. Euchre might still be around, even Rose. With all that magic potential, some kind of magic vs. magic play is bound to happen. I'll kind of arbitrarily rule out Nora, but not Mrs. Nibbly.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#12 Post by AmigaDragon »

Rafe wrote: Thu May 11, 2023 10:40 pm If I'm seeing it right, there isn't anything left of Clovis, in his fox form anyway. It looks as if he's just faded away after that last hit from Natani. Nothing left but a few wisps of red. Even on the last page he was starting to fade. The dragon form is still there, but it looks to be wincing in pain.
The fox in these pages was just a projection of his original form, magical disruption dropped it.

Raine: "I... don't think I'm the one who did that."

Why wouldn't she know it wasn't her? Wouldn't she feel the magic if she did it, even it it ended up being a joint save with Trace? Did Trace remember that spell from before his amnesia or did he (re)learn it in books since then? Or was it more instinctive magic than learned?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Eclipse
Templar Master

#13 Post by Eclipse »

AmigaDragon wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:23 am Raine: "I... don't think I'm the one who did that."

Why wouldn't she know it wasn't her? Wouldn't she feel the magic if she did it, even it it ended up being a joint save with Trace? Did Trace remember that spell from before his amnesia or did he (re)learn it in books since then? Or was it more instinctive magic than learned?
Because she can't fully control her magic yet. She might not have enough skill/experience to be able to entirely know what she's doing.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#14 Post by Bellhead »

AmigaDragon wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:23 am Did Trace remember that spell from before his amnesia or did he (re)learn it in books since then? Or was it more instinctive magic than learned?
He used it WAY back when, to save Flora at the end of the Ephemural fight, and I'd wager he just didnt forget it.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Dreamfox
Citizen

#15 Post by Dreamfox »

Eclipse wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:29 am
AmigaDragon wrote: Fri May 12, 2023 2:23 am Raine: "I... don't think I'm the one who did that."
Because she can't fully control her magic yet. She might not have enough skill/experience to be able to entirely know what she's doing.
Just like I don't think anyone knew that you could boost a teleport in progress before she id it.