Comic for April 12, 2023: Adrift in the Mind Sea

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Comic for April 12, 2023: Adrift in the Mind Sea

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Zaigan
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Comic for April 12, 2023: Adrift in the Mind Sea

#2 Post by Zaigan »

I was expecting Natani's younger inner self to show up. It's a good thing they made up!

Rafe
Council Member

#3 Post by Rafe »

Natani's mindscape eyes have returned. They're both gray again.

Having someone else to talk to (even if it's not exactly "someone else") probably just saved Natani's life. Although her physical body might be in serious trouble.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

#4 Post by BadFoMo »

Natani Floating (2,160px × 4,663px)
A bonus thing from the off stream chat.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#5 Post by Bellhead »

JEEZ that is a ridiculously high res image!

Also, I'm glad this happened. I guess, with the link gone, Natani had resigned himself to the nothingness, but his younger self had other plans. I maintain my theory that if he had the willpower, Nat could have fought his way out of the darkness, but I like this solution better. Since Youngtani was originally part of Natani, not a product of the link, it stands to reason she would still be there. And good for Nat to still have a helping hand.

And on a similar note, I think this will be good for Natani in the long run as well, psychologically speaking. From very early on, Nat relied on Zen a lot. And after they got separated, he relied on Keith. A lot. Having been sent into the darkness and losing all hope, then being saved by his own self, I feel like that will continue to give him confidence in his own abilities, without habitually relying on others.

I like where this is going.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Sky Shatter
Citizen

#6 Post by Sky Shatter »

Damn-skippy. Hopefully with that broken thread will also go Zen's imposed feelings of inadequacy about Natani being female, and she'll embrace the tomboy proudly.

trantor
Apprentice

#7 Post by trantor »

Finally young Natani reapeared. :)
I can just hear here saying: " Don't worry about the link. Now it is time for some girl power. We can do this!" :grin:

targetdrone
Traveler

#8 Post by targetdrone »

yay... younger self to the rescue! <3

now she will be ok without the mind crutch ;)
Insert signature here

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#9 Post by Him »

I refuse to count my chickens before they hatch- but this does seem to be a positive sign.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#10 Post by Bellhead »

Him wrote: Fri Apr 14, 2023 10:54 pm I refuse to count my chickens before they hatch- but this does seem to be a positive sign.
That's not counting before they hatch. That's counting the eggs.

It's perfectly fine to say it's a good sign, without guaranteeing nothing else will happen.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#11 Post by Tornir »

I'm concerned about the fact that Nat and Clovis are currently about three floors up. If Clovis thinks he's reduced Nat to a soulless husk, is he going to put her down gently?

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#12 Post by stlsf4003 »

Tornir wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:53 am I'm concerned about the fact that Nat and Clovis are currently about three floors up. If Clovis thinks he's reduced Nat to a soulless husk, is he going to put her down gently?
This being Clovis we're talking about here? Not likely...
the lurking furry railroader

Ainoko Ironrose
Citizen

#13 Post by Ainoko Ironrose »

Tornir wrote: Sat Apr 15, 2023 8:53 am I'm concerned about the fact that Nat and Clovis are currently about three floors up. If Clovis thinks he's reduced Nat to a soulless husk, is he going to put her down gently?
Nope, but he'll be in for one heck of a shock when Nat gets up and proceeds to wipe his tail all over the place.
I found my thrill...
On Blueberry Hill...

It was there...
I made my first kill...

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#14 Post by Tornir »

Does anyone know if magical burnout is linked to the soul, or the physical body?
Nat may be magically incapacitated ATM, but Youngtani wouldn't be, and they still have a binder full of crystals...

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#15 Post by Bellhead »

Tornir wrote: Sun Apr 16, 2023 1:51 pm Does anyone know if magical burnout is linked to the soul, or the physical body?
Nat may be magically incapacitated ATM, but Youngtani wouldn't be, and they still have a binder full of crystals...
All we've seen thus far seems to indicate it's more like a physical burn than soul damage. First instance, Trace, though that's a bit old. Though I'd take a closer look here and here, Natani in the Oasis room. He seems to be feeling some sort of physical effect. Also in the current scene, here, there's definitely some sort of physical pain he's fighting through, since he's not even questioning why he can't summon a fireball, only straining to do it. Even if Youngtani had magic skill (which we still don't really know yet) if there's no body to cast it with, it's essentially theory without practice.

That reminds me... If I remember right, back in the woods where Group B met Zen, I seem to remember Zen mentioning something about how Natani was able to use magic through him somehow... That would make sense, if they can borrow each other's body. That said, I would think that the body itself would still need to be capable, physically speaking. Zen lacks the skill, but was physically present (in the woods, I mean), where Natani had the skill, but was too far away to do anything. Just as when Zen needed to talk to Flora, and only Natani's body was close.