Comic for March 23, 2023: "Overpowered"

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BigNorseWolf
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Clovis

Re: Comic for March 23, 2023: "Overpowered"

#16 Post by BigNorseWolf »

Tornir wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:38 am Okay, the manor's just lost some windows; I thought there'd be more damage than that.
I'm now wondering if blowing out that skylight will attract the attention of Trace to the fact that something is going on downstairs?
I mean if you're an overpowered magic templar god with a habbit of throwing tantrums, you build your magic lab to withstand a few earth shattering kabooms.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#17 Post by Hulk10 »

rwstyles wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:57 pm I hope that this comic isn't going to fall into the batman trap, where it stretches credibility all out of shape to protect a particular villain. Some villains need to die. I don't respect batman because he refuses to kill the Joker. This guy needs to lose as well. Don't want or need a long term villain.
Batman doesn't kill because he knows the moment he does he will be no different than the criminals he fights.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Thomas Rot
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The villager on page 224

#18 Post by Thomas Rot »

Yeah, but we're in a story where the protagonist has/had the highest kill count in his world and Clovis is currently manhandling someone with the job description of assassin, however bad said assassin might be at the actual act of killing people. Hard to think of people less likely on the face of it to follow the Batman code.
Rakaydos wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:33 am
Ainoko Ironrose wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:34 am
Tornir wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:38 am Okay, the manor's just lost some windows; I thought there'd be more damage than that.
I'm now wondering if blowing out that skylight will attract the attention of Trace to the fact that something is going on downstairs?
If that doesn't, then nothing will.
Come to think of it, didnt some character say "oh, there's the dome!" in the secret wing? The dome exploding should be visible.

Edit: found it:
https://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/1105/

Detritus's room is just one doorway away from the nursery, which overlooks the dome.
So the thing is they're talking about a different dome.

Clovis is in the foyer, which has a big glass cupola in its ceiling; you can see it as early as page 961. It's the “glass dome above grand entrance” on Tom’s map. That's what has just blown up. The greenhouse has its own, much bigger dome out at the end of the secret wing, which you can see at top right on the same map labelled “big dome”. All of the windows in that garden face away from the rest of the manor so Trace wouldn't be able to see the explosion even if the current pages weren't happening at the same time as the Detritus fight. If they were in the nursery, sure, but they aren't.

Spoiler! Nitpick about the nursery
This is not important in the grand scheme of things, it’s just a silly spatial error Tom seems to have made.

We're meant to think that line from Trace is referring to the rose garden dome, that is what makes narrative sense. But when you go down the forbidden corridor you have to make a left turn to get to the nursery, and then the window is on the left again as you go through the nursery door, so that window should face away from the glass dome over the rose garden which is straight down the corridor. So Trace shouldn't have been able to see it in the first place.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#19 Post by Warrl »

But we already know the building plays games with 3D space. It's necessary just to have a "secret wing".

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#20 Post by Hulk10 »

If I owned the manor I'd be pretty pissed off to find individuals like Clovis messing around in my home.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Rakaydos

#21 Post by Rakaydos »

Thomas Rot wrote: Sun Mar 26, 2023 6:03 am Yeah, but we're in a story where the protagonist has/had the highest kill count in his world and Clovis is currently manhandling someone with the job description of assassin, however bad said assassin might be at the actual act of killing people. Hard to think of people less likely on the face of it to follow the Batman code.
Rakaydos wrote: Sat Mar 25, 2023 12:33 am
Ainoko Ironrose wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:34 am
If that doesn't, then nothing will.
Come to think of it, didnt some character say "oh, there's the dome!" in the secret wing? The dome exploding should be visible.

Edit: found it:
https://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/1105/

Detritus's room is just one doorway away from the nursery, which overlooks the dome.
So the thing is they're talking about a different dome.

Clovis is in the foyer, which has a big glass cupola in its ceiling; you can see it as early as page 961. It's the “glass dome above grand entrance” on Tom’s map. That's what has just blown up. The greenhouse has its own, much bigger dome out at the end of the secret wing, which you can see at top right on the same map labelled “big dome”. All of the windows in that garden face away from the rest of the manor so Trace wouldn't be able to see the explosion even if the current pages weren't happening at the same time as the Detritus fight. If they were in the nursery, sure, but they aren't.

Spoiler! Nitpick about the nursery
This is not important in the grand scheme of things, it’s just a silly spatial error Tom seems to have made.

We're meant to think that line from Trace is referring to the rose garden dome, that is what makes narrative sense. But when you go down the forbidden corridor you have to make a left turn to get to the nursery, and then the window is on the left again as you go through the nursery door, so that window should face away from the glass dome over the rose garden which is straight down the corridor. So Trace shouldn't have been able to see it in the first place.
Would two lefts turn them around to see tha entryway dome, instead?