Comic for March 23, 2023: "Overpowered"

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

jacobc62
Grand Templar

Comic for March 23, 2023: "Overpowered"

#1 Post by jacobc62 »

Sketch Link

Huh, so it turns out Clovis was just getting some space for a "business meeting", I guess....

*EDIT* Also.... HAPPY 1200 PAGES, EVERYBODY!
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

Re: Comic for March 23, 2023: "Overpowered"

#2 Post by tony1695 »

Little thing to note here is Raine successfully calling on her own magic to erect a barrier to protect herself from the push.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Starcat5
Citizen

#3 Post by Starcat5 »

Part of me is wondering if his injured eye being black means that he has lost it for good.

The other 99.99(Ad Infinitum)% of me is just counting down the updates until Saraphina shows up to put paid to Clovis for abusing Reni's soul like that. :reni:

Bonus points if Saraphina gets turned into a baby dragon in the ensuing explosion. "I don't care if I'm Fun Sized! I'm a DRAGON! Woo!" :heart:

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#4 Post by Tornir »

Okay, the manor's just lost some windows; I thought there'd be more damage than that.
I'm now wondering if blowing out that skylight will attract the attention of Trace to the fact that something is going on downstairs?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#5 Post by Bellhead »

Clovis has engaged Private Chat mode. All others have been booted.

And yeah, I'm surprised there wasn't more damage to the manor. Place must be magically reinforced or something.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Tornir
Master

#6 Post by Tornir »

Bellhead wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:50 am Clovis has engaged Private Chat mode. All others have been booted.
Yeah...
I'm wondering how resilient Nat's plot armour is, I don't think they'll be getting out of this unscathed. :(

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#7 Post by Neutral Smith »

Good to see some butterflies.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Rafe
Council Member

#8 Post by Rafe »

Tornir wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 9:48 am
Bellhead wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:50 am Clovis has engaged Private Chat mode. All others have been booted.
Yeah...
I'm wondering how resilient Nat's plot armour is, I don't think they'll be getting out of this unscathed. :(
All that blood Clovis has picked up with Natani could mean that he's punctured her lung(s) when he crashed her to the floor. If that's true, she's already drowning in her own blood. This is serious. She could be dead within minutes.

Tornir
Master

#9 Post by Tornir »

Rafe wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:56 am All that blood Clovis has picked up with Natani could mean that he's punctured her lung(s) when he crashed her to the floor. If that's true, she's already drowning in her own blood. This is serious. She could be dead within minutes.
I thought the red loops were a visual representation of the magical grip Nat is being held in. There's no staining on the bindings, so it doesn't appear to be blood from a chest wound.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#10 Post by Bellhead »

Tornir wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 12:21 pm
Rafe wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 11:56 am All that blood Clovis has picked up with Natani could mean that he's punctured her lung(s) when he crashed her to the floor. If that's true, she's already drowning in her own blood. This is serious. She could be dead within minutes.
I thought the red loops were a visual representation of the magical grip Nat is being held in. There's no staining on the bindings, so it doesn't appear to be blood from a chest wound.
This was my thought as well. If there was actually that much blood, it would have stained his bindings, at the very least. Also note the only places we see it, are rings, around his upper arms and chest; exactly where they would be if you tied somebody up.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

rwstyles
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: mrs nibbley

#11 Post by rwstyles »

I hope that this comic isn't going to fall into the batman trap, where it stretches credibility all out of shape to protect a particular villain. Some villains need to die. I don't respect batman because he refuses to kill the Joker. This guy needs to lose as well. Don't want or need a long term villain.

DragnMastralex
Apprentice

#12 Post by DragnMastralex »

rwstyles wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 3:57 pm I hope that this comic isn't going to fall into the batman trap, where it stretches credibility all out of shape to protect a particular villain. Some villains need to die. I don't respect batman because he refuses to kill the Joker. This guy needs to lose as well. Don't want or need a long term villain.
we have already seen some baddies taken out for good. I think Brutas will end Clovis, but like a friend or brother. A self sacrifice to end Clovis suffering and pain by taking them both out.

Ainoko Ironrose
Citizen

#13 Post by Ainoko Ironrose »

Tornir wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:38 am Okay, the manor's just lost some windows; I thought there'd be more damage than that.
I'm now wondering if blowing out that skylight will attract the attention of Trace to the fact that something is going on downstairs?
If that doesn't, then nothing will.
I found my thrill...
On Blueberry Hill...

It was there...
I made my first kill...

Rafe
Council Member

#14 Post by Rafe »

Punctured lung or not, I assume from her last two lines "GAH!!" and "Nhg!", that Natani at least has multiple broken ribs, and (Zen helping or not), is in immense pain and can barely breathe. Picking her up by her crushed chest is about the most horribly painful thing Clovis could have done.

If you notice in the sketch, Clovis says that he wants to have a private conversation with "my employee". I'm sure he wants to keep her alive for a while yet. But jeeze, putting all this together we've never seen Clovis this sadistic before.

Rakaydos

#15 Post by Rakaydos »

Ainoko Ironrose wrote: Fri Mar 24, 2023 7:34 am
Tornir wrote: Thu Mar 23, 2023 8:38 am Okay, the manor's just lost some windows; I thought there'd be more damage than that.
If that doesn't, then nothing will.
Come to think of it, didnt some character say "oh, there's the dome!" in the secret wing? The dome exploding should be visible.

Edit: found it:
https://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/1105/

Detritus's room is just one doorway away from the nursery, which overlooks the dome.