Comic for March 8, 2023: Tanking Damage

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Comic for March 8, 2023: Tanking Damage

#1 Post by Bellhead »

I'm going to guess, based on how Natani's claw scratched Clovis', and how Keith was able to slice him, that that body of his is not as invulnerable as he seems to think it is. My first thought was "Furry Dragon!" but looking at previous pages, I think not.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Rafe
Council Member

Re: Comic for March 8, 2023: Tanking Damage

#2 Post by Rafe »

The surprising thing at the moment is how Clovis (apparently) was completely blindsided by Keith. He might not be all that good at keeping track of multiple thoughts coming at him at once, or maybe Zen (or Reni, or someone else) is able to interfere with his mind's ability to see everything.

Hayate
The Hidden User

#3 Post by Hayate »

Dog pile on Clovis!
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#4 Post by Bellhead »

Rafe wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 12:47 am The surprising thing at the moment is how Clovis (apparently) was completely blindsided by Keith. He might not be all that good at keeping track of multiple thoughts coming at him at once, or maybe Zen (or Reni, or someone else) is able to interfere with his mind's ability to see everything.
I'd think Keith is a better warrior than Maddie is. Keith, having to be raised as a battle-ready warrior, then forced to survive by wits alone, likely wouldn't think too hard about what moves he's making, if at all. Especially in a high stakes situation like this, he'd fight first, ask questions later. "I have a sword, there is enemy." But for him, given not just his upbringing but his adult life as well, it's instinct, not thought. Maddie's mistake was that she planned her attack; her goal, her methods, the results of them, all of it. Keith just... didn't. He saw Natani in trouble, and didn't even have to think about it.

Honestly, I bet nobody there even realizes that at this point...
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#5 Post by Eclipse »

Clovis won't even refer to Natani by name. Well, if you needed more proof of Clovis' misogyny, here it is, referring to Natani only as "Zen's bratty little sister".

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#6 Post by Him »

Clovis is certainly more fragile than I was expecting... He's pretty weak if Natani can scratch him after being that exhausted.

Twilight
Traveler

#7 Post by Twilight »

Damn, that's a really scary face Keith's got going there. He's pissed.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#8 Post by tony1695 »

Like I said in the last page's thread, Keith has lost too much already. His family, his home, his dearest friend, his first love... Little surprise he's operating on instinct and rage here. No thoughts, only anger. He'll fight for what he has left, even if it costs him his life.

Clovis' lack of durability is indeed curious, and I wonder how much of that is tied to his own knowledge of dragons, or a possible lack thereof. Or did he just focus on them being magical powerhouses when he imagined his new form and accidentally made himself squishier than he should be?
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#9 Post by Tornir »

Poor Clovis! /s
Nat gave him a faceache, now thanks to Keith, he's butthurt too. :mrgreen:

I'm concerned about Nat though. He may not be feeling the pain thanks to Zen, but he is injured; we just don't know how badly yet.

Twilight
Traveler

#10 Post by Twilight »

tony1695 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:02 am Clovis' lack of durability is indeed curious, and I wonder how much of that is tied to his own knowledge of dragons, or a possible lack thereof. Or did he just focus on them being magical powerhouses when he imagined his new form and accidentally made himself squishier than he should be?
I wonder if his new form is just an illusion, and he's still just a squishy fox keidran. The guy seems to deceive himself as much as he deceives others, after all.

wgoldwing
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine

#11 Post by wgoldwing »

Berserker Keith has been activated!
Natani defense has increased 120%! :keith: :natani:

DragnMastralex
Apprentice

#12 Post by DragnMastralex »

Eclipse wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:59 am Clovis won't even refer to Natani by name. Well, if you needed more proof of Clovis' misogyny, here it is, referring to Natani only as "Zen's bratty little sister".
but we learned earlier that Clovis original form was female. misogyny? can you have that if you changed from a female to a male? I also don't think Clovis ever knew her name, his contracts was always directly with Zen. they made the deal to save Natani just so Zen would work for Clovis. Clovis never cared about who Zen used to carry out the jobs as long as the jobs got done.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#13 Post by Eclipse »

DragnMastralex wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:27 am
Eclipse wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 1:59 am Clovis won't even refer to Natani by name. Well, if you needed more proof of Clovis' misogyny, here it is, referring to Natani only as "Zen's bratty little sister".
but we learned earlier that Clovis original form was female. misogyny? can you have that if you changed from a female to a male? I also don't think Clovis ever knew her name, his contracts was always directly with Zen. they made the deal to save Natani just so Zen would work for Clovis. Clovis never cared about who Zen used to carry out the jobs as long as the jobs got done.
Okay, you clearly haven't read The Dragon Masquerade, as that gives us more of Clovis' backstory and his relationship with Natani and Zen. No, Clovis is not originally female, he's male. He was cursed with a female form by Nora.

And for the record, if you're treating females like garbage that's still misogyny no matter what your gender is. Doesn't matter if you used to be one yourself and transitioned.

Kyrit
Templar

#14 Post by Kyrit »

Eclipse wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:59 am
DragnMastralex wrote: Fri Mar 10, 2023 5:27 am
Okay, you clearly haven't read The Dragon Masquerade, as that gives us more of Clovis' backstory and his relationship with Natani and Zen. No, Clovis is not originally female, he's male. He was cursed with a female form by Nora.

And for the record, if you're treating females like garbage that's still misogyny no matter what your gender is. Doesn't matter if you used to be one yourself and transitioned.
He also referred to Natani just pages ago

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#15 Post by Hulk10 »

tony1695 wrote: Thu Mar 09, 2023 7:02 am Like I said in the last page's thread, Keith has lost too much already. His family, his home, his dearest friend, his first love... Little surprise he's operating on instinct and rage here. No thoughts, only anger. He'll fight for what he has left, even if it costs him his life.

Clovis' lack of durability is indeed curious, and I wonder how much of that is tied to his own knowledge of dragons, or a possible lack thereof. Or did he just focus on them being magical powerhouses when he imagined his new form and accidentally made himself squishier than he should be?
Indeed. It would seem that Clovis has not inherited all of a dragon's abilities due to the stolen nature of his new power. And Keith sure is mad now. And I don't blame him.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.