Comic for March 1, 2023: Dragon's Wrath

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Comic for March 1, 2023: Dragon's Wrath

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Elemental Templar
Merchant

Re: Comic for March 1, 2023: Dragon's Wrath

#2 Post by Elemental Templar »

As worried as I am for Natani Right now...

is anyone else imagining Clovis sounding like Heimdall from God or War: Ragnarök?
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#3 Post by jacobc62 »

Oh, [censored].....
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

Cinnibar
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#4 Post by Cinnibar »

1) Interesting, a break in the Amulet in Panel 3?

2) This is Clovis, might be mad but very unused to fighting physically, that's what the thugs are for. Likely going to drag off Natani's bandages with those claws to 'reveal your secret to everyone!' Right, much frustration in Clovis' near future.

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#5 Post by Shockwave07 »

Just going to suggest it. Inter-dimensional crushing. :shock:

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#6 Post by Bellhead »

Cinnibar wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:20 pm 1) Interesting, a break in the Amulet in Panel 3?
Looks fine to me, more like a trick of the light.

Also, that's GOT to hurt.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Rafe
Council Member

#7 Post by Rafe »

Cinnibar wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:20 pm
2) This is Clovis, might be mad but very unused to fighting physically, that's what the thugs are for. Likely going to drag off Natani's bandages with those claws to 'reveal your secret to everyone!' Right, much frustration in Clovis' near future.

I don't think Clovis is playing anymore. Looking at the final panel, Clovis has just slammed all his weight onto Natani to the point where she's no longer able to breathe.

If he doesn't just decide to crush her like a bug, it looks like he'll just hold her down and watch her as she suffocates.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by Bellhead »

Rafe wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:46 pm If he doesn't just decide to crush her like a bug, it looks like he'll just hold her down and watch her as she suffocates.
He's not the type to just kill his enemies, certainly not those who have hurt him badly. He'll go for the torture route; suffocate him just enough to completely remove his will to fight, but while keeping him conscious enough for Clovis to yell at him. And besides, Natani has some SERIOUS plot armor. Injuries and scars may come into play, but he'll live.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Rafe
Council Member

#9 Post by Rafe »

Bellhead wrote: Thu Mar 02, 2023 12:08 am He'll go for the torture route; suffocate him just enough to completely remove his will to fight, but while keeping him conscious enough for Clovis to yell at him.
Thing is, Clovis' idea of torture might be to tell Natani, "I can see you might not be afraid of pain, or death, so I've decided hold you here so you can watch while your friend dies in front of you... oh, and your brother."

"And don't worry. Even with your broken ribs and internal bleeding you'll be alive and conscious for hours yet. And there's NOTHING you can do about it."

targetdrone
Traveler

#10 Post by targetdrone »

all that's missing is some mud. [censored] fights without mud are like vegan burgers. something essential is missing.... S:P

Please don't bypass the swear filter by using other characters. ~Him
Last edited by Him on Thu Mar 02, 2023 8:32 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Bypassing swear filter
Insert signature here

S'aaruuk
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: King Adelaide

#11 Post by S'aaruuk »

Cinnibar wrote: Wed Mar 01, 2023 10:20 pm 1) Interesting, a break in the Amulet in Panel 3?
That "Ffsst" makes me think the link/thread to Reni might have just broken. If that's the case, this should be interesting.....

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#12 Post by tony1695 »

As dire as the situation has gotten for Natani, Clovis has just put himself in a very dangerous place. There were two people next to Natani when he pounced. One of them is armed. They've lost so much in their life, and have no desire to see another taken from them. I think Clovis is about to find out what a sword through the ribs feels like.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#13 Post by Bellhead »

Fair point, but did anyone have a sword last we knew? All Lynn brought was a couple of daggers, and Clovis is HUGE. It'd be like pricking someone with a thumb tack. Painful, but hardly lethal.

Also, I think that *FFST* was a teleportation sound, just like Here. Remember how far away he was from Nat when he got hit? And now he's right on top of him.

Starcat5
Citizen

#14 Post by Starcat5 »

I guess we're playing this one strait. I honestly didn't think Nat's shot was going to have that much power behind it! Good for you! Now try not to die.

DragnMastralex
Apprentice

#15 Post by DragnMastralex »

I wonder, if the dragon form Clovis is using is damaged and the power returns to Reni, will her dragon self be damaged?