Comic for Wednesday, February 22nd, 2023

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

S'aaruuk
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: King Adelaide

Re: Comic for Wednesday, February 22nd, 2023

#16 Post by S'aaruuk »

Starcat5 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:38 pm Not quite what I was thinking, but finding out next update that Nat wasn't the one who fired that shot was my takeaway from this as well.
That's pretty much MY takeaway as well. It's the stuttered "Y-you!" with the shakes seen from the shattered horn that makes me think this utterance is more surprise and disbelief than "Why YOU...." type anger. Whoever fired that shot had some serious power behind it. I mean it blew right through Clovis' shield and while reduced in power somewhat, the impact still knocked him off his feet.....that HAD to come as a total shock to him.

I really do think someone else fired that shot, I just can't imagine who.....

Rafe
Council Member

#17 Post by Rafe »

S'aaruuk wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:25 am ...That's pretty much MY takeaway as well. It's the stuttered "Y-you!" with the shakes seen from the shattered horn that makes me think this utterance is more surprise and disbelief than "Why YOU...." type anger. Whoever fired that shot had some serious power behind it. I mean it blew right through Clovis' shield and still the impact knocked him off his feet.....that HAD to come as a total shock to him.

I really do think someone else fired that shot, I just can't imagine who......
There is one character Clovis made his enemy in TDM, one that would be very upset with him now: Nora.

We know she is in contact with Reni. She communicated with her when Reni was reading Traces thoughts, to tell Reni that she was being impolite. Finding Clovis endangering her granddaughter's life just might bring her to make her presence known. "Y-you..." is just the kind of response you'd get from Clovis if Nora showed up in his head.

There are other possibilities with magic abilities too: Euchre, Brahn, maybe even Rose. Nora just stands out for me - as one Clovis would particularly hate to see right now.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#18 Post by Eclipse »

Rafe wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:53 am
S'aaruuk wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:25 am ...That's pretty much MY takeaway as well. It's the stuttered "Y-you!" with the shakes seen from the shattered horn that makes me think this utterance is more surprise and disbelief than "Why YOU...." type anger. Whoever fired that shot had some serious power behind it. I mean it blew right through Clovis' shield and still the impact knocked him off his feet.....that HAD to come as a total shock to him.

There is one character Clovis made his enemy in TDM, one that would be very upset with him now: Nora.

We know she is in contact with Reni. She communicated with her when Reni was reading Traces thoughts, to tell Reni that she was being impolite. Finding Clovis endangering her granddaughter's life just might bring her to make her presence known. "Y-you..." is just the kind of response you'd get from Clovis if Nora showed up in his head.
Doubtful it's Nora. She's resting on the Basidian Islands and probably won't be returning anytime soon. Even if she knows what's happening to her granddaughter she probably doesn't have the strength to fight Clovis right now.

Rafe
Council Member

#19 Post by Rafe »

Eclipse wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 7:01 am ...Doubtful it's Nora. She's resting on the Basidian Islands and probably won't be returning anytime soon. Even if she knows what's happening to her granddaughter she probably doesn't have the strength to fight Clovis right now.
I'd just say that, being unfamiliar with his newly acquired Dragon Magic, and more importantly, being the mentally unstable character he is, Clovis might not take much strength at all to destroy - especially for Nora.

Ainoko Ironrose
Citizen

#20 Post by Ainoko Ironrose »

Bellhead wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:50 am
DragnMastralex wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 9:16 pm wait, did I miss a comic page? wasn't Brutus about to wake up? what happened to him? why did Natani take the lead in the fight? what happened to Karen? where is Red and Raine? I'm so confused.
dtlux1 wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:27 am You missed multiple pages it seems. Last we saw Brutus, Clovis killed him because he saw Brutus as a weakness (he cared about Brutus, thus Brutus was a weakness). Karen two pages ago jumped in front of Maddie to protect her from a Clovis magic blast and got a tail out of it. Red and Raine I would assume are in the area because they were in the beach room with everyone else.
I don't think you missed any. Brutus about to wake up was more foreshadowing than "this happens next page", and since we can't see every character in every page, it stands to reason that some of them are just off-screen at the moment. Raine, though courageous when she needs to be, is also very smart, and won't challenge a dragon without a VERY solid plan, so while Natani has the rage and anger to go right after Clovis before he misses his only real shot, Raine would choose to survive and protect others instead of attack (almost) blindly.

Now about Maddie and Karen, that was (comic time) roughly 20 seconds ago, or so. I'd assume they're still where they were, probably 5-10 Clovis-steps behind Clovis, maybe more. And we haven't seen Red since Clovis whammied him, so I assume that'll be some small reveal in a few pages or so.

As for why Natani took the lead... Have you read TDM? That's basically the explanation of how they know Clovis. It gives a pretty good idea of how he ended up that way, too... If you haven't, I'd recommend it. It's a pretty good read, even without the main storyline. Once you've read that, I think Natani's reasoning for seizing this chance, however slim, will become quite a bit more clear.
TDM? Do tell?
I found my thrill...
On Blueberry Hill...

It was there...
I made my first kill...

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#21 Post by Tornir »

S'aaruuk wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:25 am
Starcat5 wrote: Thu Feb 23, 2023 2:38 pm Not quite what I was thinking, but finding out next update that Nat wasn't the one who fired that shot was my takeaway from this as well.
That's pretty much MY takeaway as well. It's the stuttered "Y-you!" with the shakes seen from the shattered horn that makes me think this utterance is more surprise and disbelief than "Why YOU...." type anger. Whoever fired that shot had some serious power behind it. I mean it blew right through Clovis' shield and still the impact knocked him off his feet.....that HAD to come as a total shock to him.

I just had an idea...
Brutus.
We know now he's not dead, and while Clovis considered him a weakness, he never considered him a threat, which would explain his shock.
Brutus was stripped of his possessions before being jailed, but Roan de-chickenised with everything he entered the manor with, including (I presume) his mana crystals, and since Brutus was involved in the attack on Edinmere, we know he's proficient with magic.

And right now, he'd be understandably pissed with his boss.

targetdrone
Traveler

#22 Post by targetdrone »

i have to say, that headless chicken look suits her. A marked improvment to Clovis' looks. more of it, and more permanence please.

edit: oh damn. that was only the horn... i was hoping that was her neck there in the last frame :(
Insert signature here

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#23 Post by Bellhead »

Ainoko Ironrose wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 8:56 am
Bellhead wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 2:50 am snip
TDM? Do tell?
TDM, The Dragon Masquerade.
Spoiler! TDM plotline
originally, Clovis was part of the mind-meld, and he used this connection to spy on Nat and Zen from the comfort of wherever he pleased. He also had the ability to control Natani through the link, just as Zen did when he talked to Flora, though his was forced. The Dragon Masquerade was an event held featuring Nora, and the Dragon Mask which held a Perfect Mana Crystal (name might be wrong, been a while), which could be charged and discharged repeatedly and indefinitely without cracking.

The story follows the brothers' plot to steal this mask, at Clovis' behest. Zen infiltrated as a diplomat, and Natani snuck in to steal the mask, magically disguised as Rose, the original wearer. He was, of course, caught by Nora, who made him a deal: He could have the mask, if and only if he wore it out in front of the entire crowd, as the female he is, dress and all. Nat took the offer, Saria saw that Rose didn't have the mask and asked him questions, and he caved, trying to give the mask to Saria. Clovis saw this and tried to take control of Natani before he could, but Natani was able to resist. Nora caught on pretty quickly, and confronted Clovis in the mindscape. Reading his mind, she realized just how messed up he was. She broke his end of the link, and forced him to live the life of a woman as punishment for his treatment of them, and intended treatment of Natani.
As such, Natani knows how evil and cruel Clovis is, and Clovis absolutely despises all dragons because of what Nora did to him, believing that he did nothing wrong. On that note, I think this attack was Natani, and Clovis' reaction to it was less a "How are YOU here?" and more of a "How could a WOMAN have the gall to injure ME?!". In his eyes, women are flat-out inferior, weak and defenseless, and completely powerless. So to have one hurt him, after he so blatantly flaunted his power in front of one, would take him off-guard pretty hard.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

S'aaruuk
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: King Adelaide

#24 Post by S'aaruuk »

Something else has occurred to me......look at the blast impact to Clovis....I'm thinking not only did it break one of his horns.....I'm betting that it may have done a pretty fair number on his face as well.

Whoever launched that fireball, may have quite possibly rearranged Clovis' looks considerably and not for the better. And Clovis, being the vain bas**rd he is ain't gonna like that one little bit. :evil: :evil:

Elio
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora,remi

#25 Post by Elio »

you for getting red was blasted by clovis as he tried to cut the link from from the princess, this is when nanati started his attack to get him angry so he becomes belligerent that he will attack them, i see a red link being severed. But i think clovis will forget that he's not skilled in dragonic magick and will entirely act on his new found instinct.

Lets hope are sexually confused wolf doesn't end up getting transmogrified into something worse or even dead

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#26 Post by AmigaDragon »

Rafe wrote: Fri Feb 24, 2023 6:53 amThere is one character Clovis made his enemy in TDM, one that would be very upset with him now: Nora.

There are other possibilities with magic abilities too: Euchre, Brahn, maybe even Rose. Nora just stands out for me - as one Clovis would particularly hate to see right now.
Nora isn't in contact with Reni, she was just temporally aware of Reni's memory-reading just days ago (as the memory included her) and left a message. Euchre and Brahn would be avoiding entry to the manor since they have no invitation from Trace. Rose is still busy with Trace and/or recovering from Detritus, if she's not going with Saria.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen