Comic for February 15, 2023: Draconic Confidence

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Zaigan
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Comic for February 15, 2023: Draconic Confidence

#1 Post by Zaigan »

Yay, signs of life from Brutus, after all this time!

Also, I apparently failed to copy text four times. Sorry for that, I was excited about the long-awaited ear twitch, and also that revealing aside from Clovis. I wasn't expecting him to up and leave after all this.

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Re: Comic for February 15, 2023: Draconic Confidence

#2 Post by BadFoMo »

Zaigan wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:02 pmI wasn't expecting him to up and leave after all this.
Same. But now that I think of it, why stay and finish off people who can't stop you in any way, shape or form?
Clovis wrote:...Or humiliate me again...
Did he just think that out loud?
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Zaigan
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#3 Post by Zaigan »

BadFoMo wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:14 pm
Zaigan wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:02 pmI wasn't expecting him to up and leave after all this.
Same. But now that I think of it, why stay and finish off people who can't stop you in any way, shape or form?
I mean, unless you need a post transformation snack, I guess not much you can get out of it. Although, of course, not finishing off the heroes when you seem to have the chance tends to be a mistake. It would be interesting to see if the story runs a bit longer, or goes off to pick up one of the other threads for a bit. I thought this was the end, and they were going to final battle with transformed Clovis.

I suppose they still might, I am not sure if Reni would survive if they let him leave, and I don't think they are going to accept her death.
The tiny print makes me think it was an under the breath comment. It might be slightly muttered or mouthed, although it might be a thought too.

leinglo
Traveler

#4 Post by leinglo »

BRUTUS LIVES!

Tyger42
Apprentice

#5 Post by Tyger42 »

Yay Brutus!

And, umm.... Clovis? That is borrowed power. Just sayin'.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#6 Post by Eclipse »

Surprising. You'd think Clovis would still be mad at Natani and Zen and wanted to eliminate them too, but nope. Also interesting that he mentions about getting stabbed in the back. He might simply be talking about the Dragon Masquerade, but I don't think so. Is there something else in his past going on that gave him trust issues? I know he had mommy issues, but IDR if there's anything else that happened back then that's giving him trust issues. I'm also wondering if we wrote off the possibility of a redemption arc too soon, they might be able to get through to him if they can find a way to restore his ability to trust in allies.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#7 Post by Bellhead »

Eclipse wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 11:53 pm snip
Don't forget who he is, and has always been.
Clovis and Nora, in TDM, wrote: C - You can't do this to me! My men-
N - Are like you? It's a situation of your own making.
The guy has always been a nutjob, with a habit of treating those around him like dirt. Problem is, he's always had enough power to stomp out anyone with dissenting opinions. He's always been the entitled vengeful type, and as far as we've seen, his only real loyalty was toward money. There's a very old piece of wisdom that's been thrown around for a long time: "What good is loyalty that can be bought?" Clovis has the money to buy loyalty, but has never earned it; thus he will always be followed by a crowd of lowlife scum he has done wrong, and those that simply want his money, held at bay only by the ridiculous sums of money he throws at them.

That's what he was referring to. He knows how many people want him dead, because he knows how many people hate him, and how many people he has taken advantage of. Now, though, with the power of a dragon, he no longer has to keep them at bay with money, since there's literally nothing they can do to stop him. He can just lord over them with his own [borrowed] power, and they will be forced to obey; not by their own greed, as before, but by sheer brute force and fear of death.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

ibneko

#8 Post by ibneko »

Bellhead wrote: Thu Feb 16, 2023 12:15 am ...but by sheer brute force and fear of death.
Heh, you mean by sheer brute force and fear of TAIL!

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#9 Post by Hulk10 »

Doubt Clovis will be allowed to keep this form for long.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#10 Post by tony1695 »

And this is where he finds out that he needs to be in close proximity to Reni to maintain his new form. Right? Can't see any other reason Raine brought so much attention to the link between the amulet and Reni.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Warrl
Grand Templar

#11 Post by Warrl »

Evil Overlord List, item 11 wrote: I will be secure in my superiority. Therefore, I will feel no need to prove it by leaving clues in the form of riddles or leaving my weaker enemies alive to show they pose no threat.

Wolffan
Traveler

#12 Post by Wolffan »

Hey, Clovis, m'man... ever consider that there might, just might, be a reason why _everyone who knows you_ is willing to stab you in the back? Hmm? Think about it, Clovis. What is the one thing that _all of them_ have in common?

Exits, at high speed, before enraged dragon comes to the proper conclusion.
There is only one! :natani:

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#13 Post by Tornir »

Anyone else wondering if he's gonna go after Nora now?

Thomas Rot
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The villager on page 224

#14 Post by Thomas Rot »

Oh hey, we're getting Zen in the audience too! Fitting.

The last time someone picked up one of the wolf twins' axes they got beaten so badly we haven't seen the body yet. Though at least Zen showed some signs of thinking when picking it up.

Brutus is facing out directly onto level ground now; earlier the seer's cat was looking from high up into a dungeon sunk some distance into the floor. Some explosion that crystal caused.

Dreamfox
Citizen

#15 Post by Dreamfox »

No, he thought this one by himself. We have seen the same from Reni before, thoughts she kept to herself.

Another possibility occurred to me. Isn't there a Dragon worshipper on the loose right now?
Maybe Clovis gets another follower.