Comic for February 8, 2023: Pin the Tail

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Hayate
The Hidden User

Re: Comic for February 8, 2023: Pin the Tail

#16 Post by Hayate »

See now, I thought this guy was evil… but he’s out here handing out free tails?! Seems like a good guy to me :squirrel:
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#17 Post by Hulk10 »

Karen's joy is so adorable.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Tyger42
Apprentice

#18 Post by Tyger42 »

I'm just gonna say, if he wants to deter the shipping, those two panels aren't helping much. :grin:

https://imgur.com/a/RJYHOVA

Dreamfox
Citizen

#19 Post by Dreamfox »

Starcat5 wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:17 pm
sotanaht wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:03 pm Clovis does not seem at all upset by the turn of events here.
Why should he? He's testing out his new powers and toying with his enemies. Sure he hit the wrong target and the spell was incomplete. But the oddball reaction was entertaining, and what is the point of toying with your enemies if not to be entertained? :twisted:
True.
The question is if he has even used his new dragon senses yet? The insight into things might influence his personality.

More likely it was the oddball reaction and maybe that this might be the first time anyone honestly thanked him for anything with no ulterior motives attached.

Tyger42
Apprentice

#20 Post by Tyger42 »

Dreamfox wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:49 pm
sotanaht wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:03 pm Clovis does not seem at all upset by the turn of events here.
Why should he? He's testing out his new powers and toying with his enemies. Sure he hit the wrong target and the spell was incomplete. But the oddball reaction was entertaining, and what is the point of toying with your enemies if not to be entertained? :twisted:
True.
The question is if he has even used his new dragon senses yet? The insight into things might influence his personality.

More likely it was the oddball reaction and maybe that this might be the first time anyone honestly thanked him for anything with no ulterior motives attached.
Honestly, I'd almost call his expression charmed. And...has he ever done something that made someone so genuinely happy before? Might be a new experience for him in itself.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#21 Post by Eclipse »

Tyger42 wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 6:25 pm
Dreamfox wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 2:49 pm
True.

Honestly, I'd almost call his expression charmed. And...has he ever done something that made someone so genuinely happy before? Might be a new experience for him in itself.
I don't think he cares if he makes someone happy. His own happiness is most important, if someone else is happy with his actions that's an ancillary benefit. I think he's smirking simply because he's amused that Karen is actually happy about something that was supposed to be a curse. He's also taking Reni's powers out for a test drive and experimenting with what he can do. This is all just a game to him, he thinks he can eliminate everyone whenever he wants, so he probably just wants to have some fun and take them out when he gets bored.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#22 Post by Bellhead »

Eclipse wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:36 pm This is all just a game to him, he thinks he can eliminate everyone whenever he wants, so he probably just wants to have some fun and take them out when he gets bored.
Precisely. Clovis currently sees himself as flat-out invincible, hands down. He's playing the part of a cat toying with a mouse. Knowing full well he can't be harmed, he's taking the opportunity to toy with those he sees as puny, weak, pathetic nobodys. We all saw how he killed the only person who meant anything to him simply because he started to feel a connection, so it stands to reason he would have ZERO reservations about new power experimentation on anyone in sight at the time.

He (thinks he) knows how limitless his powers are, so he knows he could just as easily blow the whole manor to dust if he wanted, but as has been said, Clovis cares most about CLOVIS, and CLOVIS' happiness. He's having too much fun to stop, and sees this as a threat-free situation. He has no reason to leave yet.

Also, that thought bubble... Reni had trouble keeping her thoughts to herself, so I wonder if Clovis accidentally broadcast that to everyone in the room...
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#23 Post by Insomniac »

Bellhead wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:31 pm
Eclipse wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 7:36 pm This is all just a game to him, he thinks he can eliminate everyone whenever he wants, so he probably just wants to have some fun and take them out when he gets bored.
Precisely. Clovis currently sees himself as flat-out invincible, hands down. He's playing the part of a cat toying with a mouse. Knowing full well he can't be harmed, he's taking the opportunity to toy with those he sees as puny, weak, pathetic nobodys. We all saw how he killed the only person who meant anything to him simply because he started to feel a connection, so it stands to reason he would have ZERO reservations about new power experimentation on anyone in sight at the time.

He (thinks he) knows how limitless his powers are, so he knows he could just as easily blow the whole manor to dust if he wanted, but as has been said, Clovis cares most about CLOVIS, and CLOVIS' happiness. He's having too much fun to stop, and sees this as a threat-free situation. He has no reason to leave yet.

Also, that thought bubble... Reni had trouble keeping her thoughts to herself, so I wonder if Clovis accidentally broadcast that to everyone in the room...
I dunno...Clovis looks genuinely pleased in that last panel, more than amused. Maybe I'm off the mark, but I like to think I'm good at reading people. It could be not what Tom was going for when he drew it, I dunno.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#24 Post by AmigaDragon »

Perhaps old Trace's previous transformation spell got in the way, or maybe Reni throttled back Clovis' spell. Now let's turn back to Red to see what happened.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#25 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Thu Feb 09, 2023 9:31 pm

Clovis is his own greatest enemy. If i were a betting man i would say he will end up... defeting himself one wayt or another
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

HSishi
Citizen

#26 Post by HSishi »

My guess is Clovis' magic collided with the effect of an older spell from Trace (the ears). Applying a random spell over another spell effect neither annuls the existing effect (unless it's the precise counter-spell) nor it will give the intented results.

Though, it's weird to see someone THAT happy about an unexpected body alteration.

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#27 Post by IHeartMaeve »

HSishi wrote: Wed Feb 15, 2023 3:55 pm My guess is Clovis' magic collided with the effect of an older spell from Trace (the ears). Applying a random spell over another spell effect neither annuls the existing effect (unless it's the precise counter-spell) nor it will give the intented results.

Though, it's weird to see someone THAT happy about an unexpected body alteration.
Well, like I said, it's about the same response as when Karen got the ears.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Zaigan
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#28 Post by Zaigan »

Since I am logged in instead of just lurking here like I do 99% of the time. It may be unintentional, but maybe this will count as one good deed for Clovis over a lifetime of naughty ones.