Comic for February 8, 2023: Pin the Tail

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Thomas Rot
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The villager on page 224

Comic for February 8, 2023: Pin the Tail

#1 Post by Thomas Rot »

Ah, four-letter word. At least Karen is happy?

MaverickMopete
Citizen

Re: Comic for February 8, 2023: Pin the Tail

#2 Post by MaverickMopete »

Thomas Rot wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:47 pm Ah, four-letter word. At least Karen is happy?
So... "Ah, tail"?

Thomas Rot
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The villager on page 224

#3 Post by Thomas Rot »

MaverickMopete wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:54 pm
Thomas Rot wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:47 pm Ah, four-letter word. At least Karen is happy?
So... "Ah, tail"?
Mayhap.

The Clovis thought makes me think Red isn't entirely transformed. I don’t think there is a particular reason for the same attempt, if it was the same attempt, to act differently on Karen since the spell Trace hit her with way back when seemed to work exactly as intended (if not with quite the reaction he was expecting). On the other hand he’s been facing in Red’s direction for like four pages now, surely he should have seen his handiwork? Dunno. I ain't no magic expert.

Also, just noticed Karen’s fur colour recently changed. It’s not even because of the foyer lighting either, she still has brown ears on the page where Reni starts talking gibberish. Tom…? Is Keidran Maren leaking in or something?

Tom
The Artist

#4 Post by Tom »

Thomas Rot wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 5:00 pm Also, just noticed Karen’s fur colour recently changed. It’s not even because of the foyer lighting either, she still has brown ears on the page where Reni starts talking gibberish. Tom…? Is Keidran Maren leaking in or something?
You caught me! :P It is still brown, but a little darker. Perhaps I went a little too dark, but I thought it might look better with a more contrast. Karen's colors have always been criticized as "not great" so I've been experimenting with them slightly hoping no one would notice lol. Karen's hair color has also been ever-so-slightly desaturated over the course of the previous chapter, so that it's not quite so blinding! :karen:

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#5 Post by tony1695 »

At least you can write off the change in fur colour this page as a side effect of what Clovis tried to do.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Eclipse
Templar Master

#6 Post by Eclipse »

Figures it would be something like this. And even if the spell had worked as intended, she'd still be thanking you for making her a floofy Keidran. The spell isn't the only thing that didn't work, Karen is the wrong target for these types of shenanigans.

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#7 Post by Tornir »

We have a potential attack strategy; let Karen start pestering Clovis to try again with the transformation spell, while Maddy uses the distraction to get the gem.

MaverickMopete
Citizen

#8 Post by MaverickMopete »

Eclipse wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:36 pm Figures it would be something like this. And even if the spell had worked as intended, she'd still be thanking you for making her a floofy Keidran. The spell isn't the only thing that didn't work, Karen is the wrong target for these types of shenanigans.
In fairness, Karen wasn't her target. Clovis was aiming for Maddie.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#9 Post by Bellhead »

True, Maddie was the original target, but by Clovis' reaction, I doubt he believes there to be any difference between Karen and Maddie, transformationally speaking.

And yeah, just claim the color difference between last page and this one as transformation. Just makes things easier. I like them this color, to be honest... And the color matches Keidran Maren too, since they're sisters and all! :karen: :maren:

Wait... Is this the first time Karen's bikini has stayed the same color through the whole page?!
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#10 Post by Eclipse »

MaverickMopete wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:56 pm
Eclipse wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 6:36 pm Figures it would be something like this. And even if the spell had worked as intended, she'd still be thanking you for making her a floofy Keidran. The spell isn't the only thing that didn't work, Karen is the wrong target for these types of shenanigans.
In fairness, Karen wasn't her target. Clovis was aiming for Maddie.
Yes, I know that. The moment Karen jumped in the way is the moment that spell was rendered ineffective.

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#11 Post by IHeartMaeve »

A new tail to go with the ears. That reaction is classic Karen in this context.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

sotanaht
Traveler

#12 Post by sotanaht »

Clovis does not seem at all upset by the turn of events here.

Starcat5
Citizen

#13 Post by Starcat5 »

sotanaht wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 8:03 pm Clovis does not seem at all upset by the turn of events here.
Why should he? He's testing out his new powers and toying with his enemies. Sure he hit the wrong target and the spell was incomplete. But the oddball reaction was entertaining, and what is the point of toying with your enemies if not to be entertained? :twisted:

Eclipse
Templar Master

#14 Post by Eclipse »

So is Karen going to keep the tail? Like, even if Clovis' spell wears off, she'd probably be begging Reni to give it back to her.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#15 Post by Bellhead »

Eclipse wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 9:17 pm So is Karen going to keep the tail? Like, even if Clovis' spell wears off, she'd probably be begging Reni to give it back to her.
Oh, ABSOLUTELY. Did you see her face? :karen:
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.