Comic for Feburary 1, 2023: Madelyn Mind Games

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Comic for Feburary 1, 2023: Madelyn Mind Games

#31 Post by Bellhead »

Thomas Rot wrote: Wed Feb 08, 2023 4:44 pm Anyway, it occurred to me that Clovis might be able to mind-read, but Reni couldn't understand what the wolves were saying in an unfamiliar language. Neither Clovis nor Reni know Basitin. If/when Maddie gets away she ought to try and get to Keith and Lynn immediately — they might actually be able to come up with a plan without Clovis knowing about it if they all communicate. I don't think anyone else in the room with them knows Basitin. Unfortunately that includes Nat…
I'd like to point out that Reni was able to communicate with Nat just fine, despite not knowing the keidran language. Reni's telepathy, and now Clovis', read thoughts. Hmm... I explained this before, let me see if I can find the page...

Got it. Dragons communicate thoughts telepathically, and hear the intention behind words as they are spoken. I think I explained it as this: Thoughts carry meaning, and language is a way to translate that meaning to sound, which can be heard by others. But people remember sounds better than their thoughts, so Reni has trouble reading minds' pasts because she can't translate the sounds of keidren language back to keidran thoughts.

As such, they wouldn't be able to talk about their plan, without Clovis intercepting their thoughts. He wouldn't be able to comprehend their pasts, but he can read their thoughts in the present. Does that make sense?
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.