Comic for January 25, 2023: Lynn's Speciality

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Comic for January 25, 2023: Lynn's Speciality

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

Re: Comic for January 25, 2023: Lynn's Speciality

#2 Post by IHeartMaeve »

As I once said in one of the stories I happen to be writing, "A defense based on preparedness is the best defense there is."

Well played, Lynn. Well played.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Eclipse
Templar Master

#3 Post by Eclipse »

All right Lynn, you're forgiven for disappearing from the comic for a while.

Rafe
Council Member

#4 Post by Rafe »

One of the things people seem to forget about Clovis (especially if you're like Red) is that Clovis has a major advantage now over his enemies. It's not his size or magical power that will make him hard to defeat, it's his ability to read minds.

You know he's using it now because that's how he's communicating with everyone. We can only assume that he'll be able to see into peoples current thoughts, and memories, the way Reni was able to. Plus, Clovis has always had a thing about being in other people's heads. I'm sure he'll be skilled at using it.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#5 Post by Warrl »

Keith, I'm surprised and disappointed. Where's the warrior here?

There's a perfectly serviceable curtain hanging just a step or two away from you.

You and Natani both have some clothing on.

There's some debris on the floor.

Along with two wolf bodies and a few cages made of probably-iron bars - some of them hanging from chains.

And you can't find a weapon????

(Natani, unfortunately, is right: a weapon that would actually be useful against dragon-Clovis is a more difficult thing to find.)

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#6 Post by Bellhead »

I'm a bit surprised there was no startled reaction to Lynn walking up behind them. It's like they're already used to him just showing up out of nowhere...

But yeah. "Can't find a weapon" is pretty darn close to accurate here. Sure, one that can do harm to a dragon would be hard to find in general, but although it would likely be as common as a normal weapon in the Legacy Estate, it's also true that the Estate has/had a number of neigh impregnable defenses, and multiple intelligent beings with relative omnipotence within its walls. Having weapons laying around, anywhere easily accessible, is not something Dark Trace, a VERY TALENTED MAGE, would need to have around.

Aside from all that, as a trained warrior, Keith would instinctively look for a weapon he is comfortable with; i.e., a traditional weapon. A sword, spear, dagger, war hammer.. Anything designed as a weapon. Natani, on the other hand, was trained as an assassin. Less traditional warrior combat, more stealth, skill and precision, and improvisation. Nat would look for a tool to kill, whatever it may be, but would not bother with anything that couldn't get the job done. And, like Keith, would prefer a weapon he's comfortable with.

Also note, that as long as it took Lynn to arrive, all he brought were two daggers. Possibly magic infused, we don't know, but still only two blades. Finding weapons is clearly not easy here.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#7 Post by Warrl »

If you find something that cannot be used as a weapon... you have a poor imagination.

Guardingdark

#8 Post by Guardingdark »

What happened to Red was terrible …

… and I need to know what happened you tease! ;)

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#9 Post by Tornir »

Bellhead wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:44 pm I'm a bit surprised there was no startled reaction to Lynn walking up behind them. It's like they're already used to him just showing up out of nowhere...
Rose was doing that as well, so they could've been just getting used to that generally.
Bellhead wrote: Wed Jan 25, 2023 9:44 pm Also note, that as long as it took Lynn to arrive, all he brought were two daggers. Possibly magic infused, we don't know, but still only two blades. Finding weapons is clearly not easy here.
It could've been intentional. There's been several large explosions; clearly whatever's going on is beyond the capacity of melee weapons to deal with.
As it is, he can arm Nat and Keith, then stand back to document their victory (or write their obituary).

jjw2795
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maddie

#10 Post by jjw2795 »

Glad to see Lynn again, but come on man, you brought a dagger to a dragon fight! Maybe it will be like the "noisy cricket" from Men in Black. Clovis gets shanked and he blows up.