Comic for Jan 18th 2023: Transmogrification

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

jjw2795
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maddie

Re: Comic for Jan 18th 2023: Transmogrification

#16 Post by jjw2795 »

I'm actually kinda worried about Red here. Transmogrification means "transformation into different form." Clovis just did that with the axe, but we know dragons can do something like that to living beings as well. Maybe Red will be Raine's pet squirrel until the battle is over?

On another note, I'm starting to wonder how a dragon is actually killed in Mekkan? I suppose a lucky shot from a bow could do it, but it seems that even if a noob dragon like Clovis can easily deflect attacks using magic then going head-on is just plain stupid (and exactly Red's style).

Anyway, glad to see this chapter is getting interesting fast.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#17 Post by tony1695 »

Cute little detail with the axe dissolving into a cloud of butterflies. A reminder of where Clovis' newfound power really comes from, and maybe a bit more information about the nature of the link between the amulet and Reni. Could she still have some control over how her magic is being used?
jjw2795 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:20 am I'm actually kinda worried about Red here. Transmogrification means "transformation into different form." Clovis just did that with the axe, but we know dragons can do something like that to living beings as well. Maybe Red will be Raine's pet squirrel until the battle is over?
Yeah, I'm not feeling confident about Red's chances of keeping his humanity (and/or masculinity) intact after that spell blast. Clovis does seem like the sort of callous [censored] to use some poor random schmuck as a target dummy/test subject, and Red just volunteered! Most definitely riding on the power high too, so I wouldn't be surprised if Red goes through a few transformations before this is over.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Rasol
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#18 Post by Rasol »

tony1695 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:48 am Cute little detail with the axe dissolving into a cloud of butterflies. A reminder of where Clovis' newfound power really comes from, and maybe a bit more information about the nature of the link between the amulet and Reni. Could she still have some control over how her magic is being used?
jjw2795 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:20 am I'm actually kinda worried about Red here. Transmogrification means "transformation into different form." Clovis just did that with the axe, but we know dragons can do something like that to living beings as well. Maybe Red will be Raine's pet squirrel until the battle is over?
Yeah, I'm not feeling confident about Red's chances of keeping his humanity (and/or masculinity) intact after that spell blast. Clovis does seem like the sort of callous [censored] to use some poor random schmuck as a target dummy/test subject, and Red just volunteered! Most definitely riding on the power high too, so I wouldn't be surprised if Red goes through a few transformations before this is over.
Yeah, I am pretty sure Red is about to get a new tail & set of ears. The fact we saw a cloud of smoke, and not his actual body when he landed is a definite sign something about him was changed. Then again, maybe some time as a Keidran will soften the boy up to our furrier companions?

Sky Shatter
Citizen

#19 Post by Sky Shatter »

This page is gorgeous, and once again, Tom succeeds in making Clovis look like a psychotic, rabid dog that needs an Old Yeller treatment no one would cry about.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#20 Post by AmigaDragon »

jjw2795 wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 4:20 amI'm actually kinda worried about Red here. Transmogrification means "transformation into different form." Clovis just did that with the axe, but we know dragons can do something like that to living beings as well. Maybe Red will be Raine's pet squirrel until the battle is over?
Before this, did Clovis have the knowledge to transform someone? Undoing a transformation might have been more possible without dragon level power even without the ending conditions Nora included in her spell.

Am I seeing cracks in Clovis' amulet or are those just facet lines?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Sky Shatter
Citizen

#21 Post by Sky Shatter »

AmigaDragon wrote: Thu Jan 19, 2023 5:08 pm Before this, did Clovis have the knowledge to transform someone? Undoing a transformation might have been more possible without dragon level power even without the ending conditions Nora included in her spell.

Am I seeing cracks in Clovis' amulet or are those just facet lines?
Just facets. Considering Clovis' twisted view that being turned female is one of the worst possible fates, I'm guessing we're going to see [Redacted] with the boobas, illusion or not.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#22 Post by Him »

Man I really hope Red is now (permanently?) a keidran. It might teach him some humility and make him empathize a bit more.

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#23 Post by Tornir »

Him wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:36 pm Man I really hope Red is now (permanently?) a keidran. It might teach him some humility and make him empathize a bit more.
We've seen Red as a keidran a couple of times before; once in his imagination, and once in an April Fools page.
If he is changed, I wonder if Tom will use one of those as a template?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#24 Post by Bellhead »

Tornir wrote: Sun Jan 22, 2023 3:15 pm
Him wrote: Sat Jan 21, 2023 8:36 pm Man I really hope Red is now (permanently?) a keidran. It might teach him some humility and make him empathize a bit more.
We've seen Red as a keidran a couple of times before; once in his imagination, and once in an April Fools page.
It's possible, but more than likely, he'd try turning him into a girl. Clovis never really seemed like he despised being a keidran; more like he despised being a female. Sure, he hated being half fox, but I don't think we got any indication that he hated being a wolf... After all, it is what he identifies as. Red on the other hand, from Clovis' perspective, is nothing more than a mindless dolt who thinks with the wrong sword. A muscle-for-brains nobody. Having lived his life as a female, for multiple years, there's a pretty good chance Clovis would be more threatened by Musclehead Red than Red The Human, as much as we all want to see him be all fluffy and stuff and as much as his character could benefit from it.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#25 Post by tony1695 »

Bellhead wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:01 am
It's possible, but more than likely, he'd try turning him into a girl. Clovis never really seemed like he despised being a keidran; more like he despised being a female. Sure, he hated being half fox, but I don't think we got any indication that he hated being a wolf... After all, it is what he identifies as. Red on the other hand, from Clovis' perspective, is nothing more than a mindless dolt who thinks with the wrong sword. A muscle-for-brains nobody. Having lived his life as a female, for multiple years, there's a pretty good chance Clovis would be more threatened by Musclehead Red than Red The Human, as much as we all want to see him be all fluffy and stuff and as much as his character could benefit from it.
Clovis still might go for the Keidran transformation though. Red may be incredibly inept, but he still has some magical aptitude. As a human, he can access that. As a Keidran, he'd be locked out. That, and Clovis has slaves. We haven't seen anything yet to indicate that slave collars work on humans, yes, but it's a reasonable enough assumption to make, I'm sure it'd have come up by now if they did. So, the misogynist slave-owner turning people into women, especially women with reduced ability to fight back... The mind can only go to uncomfortable places
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#26 Post by Bellhead »

tony1695 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 11:28 am
Bellhead wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 2:01 am
Clovis still might go for the Keidran transformation though. Red may be incredibly inept, but he still has some magical aptitude. As a human, he can access that. As a Keidran, he'd be locked out. That, and Clovis has slaves. We haven't seen anything yet to indicate that slave collars work on humans, yes, but it's a reasonable enough assumption to make, I'm sure it'd have come up by now if they did. So, the misogynist slave-owner turning people into women, especially women with reduced ability to fight back... The mind can only go to uncomfortable places
That's my point exactly. Clovis is a dragon. If he wanted to control someone, he could just do it; he wouldn't need a transformation spell to do so, so it's more likely he wants to transform them to personify what he sees as weakness.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Lapisleafuli
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#27 Post by Lapisleafuli »

Red got of easy. Shame. Keidren red would be incredibly funny.