Comic for January 10, 2023: He Just Ran In!

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Comic for January 10, 2023: He Just Ran In!

#1 Post by Bellhead »

He.. just ran in... Stupid sword-for-brains. To be fair, though, he heard "break it", and he's definitely the one to do that! :redhair:

Also, Karen with the popcorn. As always. :karen: Now we also get Maddie sneaking around, which we kinda guessed would happen, as well as Mike and (who I assume to be) Evals, hiding behind the curtains. Even amidst times of terror, we still get to see background characters, in the background, doing what they do best.

Now that I look at it again... There's a chance that panel 1 shows Clovis' inner self, while the greyed-out background is what the rest of the group sees. That would make sense, given panel 3... I guess we'll see.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

leinglo
Traveler

Re: Comic for January 10, 2023: He Just Ran In!

#2 Post by leinglo »

Welp, there goes Leeroy Jenkins. Let's just hope he don't get killed when Clovis shows off some of that new power

Thomas Rot
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The villager on page 224

#3 Post by Thomas Rot »

I thought at first that was literally mindscape Reni behind him since he mentioned a soul… but it's not her tongue. It’s not anyone's tongue that we’ve seen since Tom was a dirty rotten coward and refused to show us the dragon Clovis tongue on the previous page. But based on other stuff from that stream it also doesn't seem to be the physical dragon tongue that the group would be seeing…? Idealisation of himself, definitely. Both in Keidran and dragon form.

Who is that talking in panel 2? Red speaks human so I assume everyone on this page is speaking that. Might be him, I don't think anyone else present was with Raine for this particular party trick last time except Karen who is understandably otherwise occupied.

Red apparently can't see the thread. This is going to end well.

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#4 Post by IHeartMaeve »

"Attention nameless redhead. STOP ACTING SO STUPID!!!"

In all seriousness, Red's habit of thinking with his weapons is classic. But I think it's safe to assume he's gonna be blasted into a wall next page. Anyone else?
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#5 Post by Tornir »

Okay, quick combat inventory...

Raine is currently part-transformed, so won't be able to use magic without crystals (which she currently doesn't have), and she's not a fighter. is providing advice.
Of the three Basitin, Lynn may be armed, but I doubt it'd be with anything heavily offensive. Maddy's stealth may be a factor.
Nat currently has no weapons, and it's unknown how much charge is left in his binder full of crystals.
Karen has popcorn. I guess it'd be too much to hope that dergs are highly allergic to it?
Red can use magic, and has the parties only weapon, but based on his current strategy, I'm not confident he's going to be around for Feb 1st comic.
Mike and Evals... :roll:

Starcat5
Citizen

#6 Post by Starcat5 »

It is... nice? ...to see Clovis finally move past their gender dysphoria. Makes me hope that they survive this with just enough magic to talk. Maybe after a century or two they can be trusted with magic on par with a Templar Initiate. Maybe. Probably not. Mostly I just want Brutus to survive the magical poisoning. Everything else is gravy.

Nutster
Traveler

#7 Post by Nutster »

A line from Elvis Presley's "Can’t Help Falling In Love" comes to mind.
Wise men say that only fools rush in,
:redhair:

MaverickMopete
Citizen

#8 Post by MaverickMopete »

Fools rush in where angels fear to tread.

“[NAME REDACTED] JENKINS!”

Eclipse
Templar Master

#9 Post by Eclipse »

Starcat5 wrote: Thu Jan 12, 2023 7:45 am It is... nice? ...to see Clovis finally move past their gender dysphoria. Makes me hope that they survive this with just enough magic to talk. Maybe after a century or two they can be trusted with magic on par with a Templar Initiate. Maybe. Probably not. Mostly I just want Brutus to survive the magical poisoning. Everything else is gravy.
Yeeeaaahh, I don't think he's moved past his gender dysphoria as much as he's power tripping. His point is more that he's no longer trapped in a gender he didn't choose and can be whatever he wants, that doesn't exactly wipe away his misogyny. Not a positive character development, just shows his greed and ego has gotten even worse.

Kyrit
Templar

#10 Post by Kyrit »

Tornir wrote: Wed Jan 11, 2023 6:13 pm Okay, quick combat inventory...

Raine is currently part-transformed, so won't be able to use magic without crystals (which she currently doesn't have), and she's not a fighter. is providing advice.
Of the three Basitin, Lynn may be armed, but I doubt it'd be with anything heavily offensive. Maddy's stealth may be a factor.
Nat currently has no weapons, and it's unknown how much charge is left in his binder full of crystals.
Karen has popcorn. I guess it'd be too much to hope that dergs are highly allergic to it?
Red can use magic, and has the parties only weapon, but based on his current strategy, I'm not confident he's going to be around for Feb 1st comic.
Mike and Evals... :roll:
There's also the possibility of aid from the merc trio coming in. Sarah has freed herself and presumably has gone to meet to with the other two. They've been spying on the estate, and with the front door down they've got a pretty good view to the current events assuming they didn't run to go get Sarah. And I think it's safe to assume that if they can make out that things aren't looking good for Reni, fangirl Sarah is going to want to help save the princess (and maybe bag a few wolves for pay). Maybe even see it as the next step to becoming a dragon herself and takes great offense to Clovis just stealing the ability. Landen did also pretty much accept Maddie's offer to be hired. Based on this page there were likely more words shared between them as well that we didn't get since the focus was on Kei at the time. They also tagged along at least up to the point of chaos breaking out in town.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#11 Post by Eclipse »

Kyrit wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 3:11 pm There's also the possibility of aid from the merc trio coming in. Sarah has freed herself and presumably has gone to meet to with the other two. They've been spying on the estate, and with the front door down they've got a pretty good view to the current events assuming they didn't run to go get Sarah. And I think it's safe to assume that if they can make out that things aren't looking good for Reni, fangirl Sarah is going to want to help save the princess (and maybe bag a few wolves for pay). Maybe even see it as the next step to becoming a dragon herself and takes great offense to Clovis just stealing the ability. Landen did also pretty much accept Maddie's offer to be hired. Based on this page there were likely more words shared between them as well that we didn't get since the focus was on Kei at the time. They also tagged along at least up to the point of chaos breaking out in town.
I do think Sarah is going to play a role in freeing Reni from Clovis. I also think she's going to end up rushing over to the Estate after breaking free from prison, but less because Landen and Sealeen are there and more because Reni is there. Sarah pretty much worships the ground Reni flies over, she'd follow her around like a lost puppy (and long term I think the Edenmire guard will place her in Reni's custody instead of putting her back in prison, a solution that would make all sides involved very happy) and she'd probably be very angry that Clovis is bumming off her power. I could also see a moment where Sarah encourages Reni to break free from his control as well.

The biggest problem with the merc trio though is that they're currently outside the Estate. And as far as we know, you still need permission from Trace to enter the Estate or you're going to end up a barnyard animal in the dungeon. Clovis seems to have bypassed it with the amulet for him and his men, but I think that spell would still be in effect for anyone else. So how are they going to get in? Would Sarah be able to bypass it herself? Would she just be an idiot and charge in and deal with it? Would Trace somehow find out they want to come in and let them in?

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#12 Post by Him »

This boss fight will probably be pushed back, right? Like, there's going to be stability issues with Clovis' medallion and he needs to pull back or something. Having a break in the action would be wonderful for a bit of character development. With Reni in danger it would nice to see Kei be confronted with how she feels about him.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#13 Post by Eclipse »

Him wrote: Sun Jan 15, 2023 6:17 pm This boss fight will probably be pushed back, right? Like, there's going to be stability issues with Clovis' medallion and he needs to pull back or something. Having a break in the action would be wonderful for a bit of character development. With Reni in danger it would nice to see Kei be confronted with how she feels about him.
I doubt there's going to be a break in the action. At best we're going to cut to another scene happening elsewhere (such as what Brahn is doing, how the Edenmire guard are handling Adira's arrest, Sarah meeting up with Landen and Sealeen and trying to get in the Estate, etc.). Doesn't seem like a good time to delay the fight, most likely the conflict with Clovis is going to be settled in this chapter (there may be another chapter after this one where they fight Brahn, but beyond that we're probably reaching the climax of the Estate arc).