Comic for January 4, 2023: King Clovis

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Comic for January 4, 2023: King Clovis

#1 Post by Bellhead »

Fun fact, Tom was debating whether or not to include Clovis as fox/wolf with horns or full-on anthro derg. Chat unanimously voted derg. For obvious reasons.

Going to be interesting seeing how everyone deals with this. I honestly didn't expect it to even appear to work that well for him. Not good.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

leinglo
Traveler

Re: Comic for January 4, 2023: King Clovis

#2 Post by leinglo »

Well... that's ten pounds of "not good" in a five pound bag.

Would be hilarious if even turning into a dragon isn't strong enough to break Nora's curse and make him a male again, though.

In fact, I'm almost willing to bet that it isn't, because all he got was Reni's power, and she's still a relatively young dragon, likely unable to compete with the magic of an elder like Nora.

Sky Shatter
Citizen

#3 Post by Sky Shatter »

I'm going to be so happy when this [censored] crazy [censored] gets what's coming to him, and it better not be redemption.

Please do not self censor as it bypasses the swear filter. Let it do it’s job.
~Hayate
Last edited by Hayate on Thu Jan 05, 2023 1:43 am, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited to remove self censorship, do not bypass swear filter.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#4 Post by tony1695 »

Hmm, not seeing any sign of wings here, but they could just be closed/hidden by what's left of that tattered cloak.

I can only see Clovis being a significant threat in the (immediate) future because of the sheer power now at his disposal. He's had not any adjustment period or prior experience with anywhere near as much power. Any spell he throws is surely gonna be amplified to degrees that might be dangerous even to him now.

I wonder if removing the amulet will be enough to undo the transformation. Usually how such things work, and given it doesn't seem to be embedded into his scales, definitely an option. Probably one only the Basitins could really try, though, his physical strength is likely similarly amplified and they'd be the only ones with the durability to take a hit.

I now foresee a new sketch trend, Amulet of Draconification or whatever so people can get the characters as sexy lizard people
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Starcat5
Citizen

#5 Post by Starcat5 »

leinglo wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 5:24 pm Well... that's ten pounds of "not good" in a five pound bag.

Would be hilarious if even turning into a dragon isn't strong enough to break Nora's curse and make him a male again, though.

In fact, I'm almost willing to bet that it isn't, because all he got was Reni's power, and she's still a relatively young dragon, likely unable to compete with the magic of an elder like Nora.
With luck, it'll be Trace who notices that Clovis is still Feminine-presenting, in spite of all his efforts so far.

Panther
Merchant

#6 Post by Panther »

tony1695 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:25 pm Hmm, not seeing any sign of wings here, but they could just be closed/hidden by what's left of that tattered cloak.

I can only see Clovis being a significant threat in the (immediate) future because of the sheer power now at his disposal. He's had not any adjustment period or prior experience with anywhere near as much power. Any spell he throws is surely gonna be amplified to degrees that might be dangerous even to him now.

I wonder if removing the amulet will be enough to undo the transformation. Usually how such things work, and given it doesn't seem to be embedded into his scales, definitely an option. Probably one only the Basitins could really try, though, his physical strength is likely similarly amplified and they'd be the only ones with the durability to take a hit.

I now foresee a new sketch trend, Amulet of Draconification or whatever so people can get the characters as sexy lizard people
Let's see too how long Clovis will support this new amount of power ......... What fate ? He dies ? He comes back to his fox form with physical or mental decrease ? The amulet is tricked and stops after some minutes ?
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#7 Post by Bellhead »

tony1695 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:25 pm I now foresee a new sketch trend, Amulet of Draconification or whatever so people can get the characters as sexy lizard people
Sexy lizard people for the win. Guaranteed this will happen, just a matter of time. :nora:

Also, just noticed... When viewing on my PC at work, Clovis' horns are behind the panel border, but on mobile, they look normal, even when viewing in desktop mode. I think my monitor might be ghosting... This isn't happening for anyone else, is it?
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#8 Post by Elemental Templar »

Well now we know what the amulet was for...

But there are two things I'm surprised haven't been mentioned yet.

1. "King" Clovis doesn't have visible ears (which thanks to the patreon sketches we know is the defining feature for male dragons)

2. This scenario is sorta like an inversion of the Climax to the Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion

(And as I type this now, can anyone else imagine Clovis with Sean Bean's voice?)
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

jacobc62
Grand Templar

#9 Post by jacobc62 »

"King? King? And which King might that be? King Richard? King Louis? King Kong?

....... Larry King?"

-Robin Hood of Loxley (Robin Hood: Men In Tights)
"That poor, sexy [censored]...." -Evals Vaughan, October 2016

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#10 Post by tony1695 »

Elemental Templar wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 11:09 pm 1. "King" Clovis doesn't have visible ears (which thanks to the patreon sketches we know is the defining feature for male dragons)
The issue with that assumption is that we have a very small sample size. Three females (Nora, Reni and Willow's mother) and one male (DJ Scales). Not gonna count the shadow dragon thing Trace summoned that one time, we can't even be sure which it was anyway. Same with instances where characters get turned into dragons for the sake of the sketch. Too much morphic resonance.

And Clovis is likely a very unique case, not being a natural born dragon but a being who has become very dragon-like. Any standard gender dimorphism is probably out the window.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

BigNorseWolf
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Clovis

#11 Post by BigNorseWolf »

"KING clovis huh?"

"WHAT? I..." Looks down... "I'm a DRAGON you idiots!"

"Uh huuuuh..."

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#12 Post by Tornir »

tony1695 wrote: Wed Jan 04, 2023 6:25 pm I wonder if removing the amulet will be enough to undo the transformation. Usually how such things work, and given it doesn't seem to be embedded into his scales, definitely an option. Probably one only the Basitins could really try, though, his physical strength is likely similarly amplified and they'd be the only ones with the durability to take a hit.
Durability may not be necessary.
Maddy has been shown capable of robbing people, and they're not aware of it until she tells them; we could potentially see Clovis realising she's lost the amulet when Maddy hands it to Nat/Red/Raine.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#13 Post by Bellhead »

Tornir wrote: Thu Jan 05, 2023 7:20 am Durability may not be necessary.
Maddy has been shown capable of robbing people, and they're not aware of it until she tells them; we could potentially see Clovis realising she's lost the amulet when Maddy hands it to Nat/Red/Raine.
This is true. She's quite skilled in stealth, and looks young. His guard around her might just get low enough for her to get one good sneak attack in before [censored] hits the fan.

Never underestimate the utility of a skilled pickpocket, especially in a desperate situation.

targetdrone
Traveler

#14 Post by targetdrone »

hey look, its the delusional princess again. not that she looks any better this way. time she takes an arrow to the knee...
Insert signature here

Him
The Secret Forum Mod
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#15 Post by Him »

Hopefully Clovis moving into the role of immediate biggest threat means an uptick in Natani moments. Trace is probably a bit winded so unless that amulet is an exploitable weakness the party is gonna have a bad time.