The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

mongoosemazanec
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

Comic for November 12, 2022: Dragon in a Bottle

#1 Post by mongoosemazanec »

Bit off more than he can chew?
SHARKS (crossed out) MONGEESE (sic) WITH FRICKIN' LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS

Ainoko Ironrose
Citizen

Re: Comic for November 12, 2022: Dragon in a Bottle

#2 Post by Ainoko Ironrose »

Looks like Clovis is getting something that s/he wasn't expecting.

Also, the last two panels are reminiscent of Kung Fu Panda 3
I found my thrill...
On Blueberry Hill...

It was there...
I made my first kill...

Sky Shatter
Citizen

#3 Post by Sky Shatter »

Isn't the comic traditionally supposed to be in the first post?

I'm sure it's preemptive and presumptive, but...

That's right, burn you literal psycho son-of-a-[censored]!

mongoosemazanec
Traveler

#4 Post by mongoosemazanec »

By the way, is a wox (or folf) like Clovis fertile? I am pretty sure felineXcanine are sterile (IIRC...I binge read the archive) and, say, coyoteXwolf would be fertile (they even are in RL).
SHARKS (crossed out) MONGEESE (sic) WITH FRICKIN' LASER BEAMS ATTACHED TO THEIR HEADS

mongoosemazanec
Traveler

#5 Post by mongoosemazanec »

Come to think of it, I guess the answer is no (already mentioned different genera). Tried to delete the above but don't know how.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#6 Post by Bellhead »

There should be an edit button, looks like a pencil in the top right. Delete is the X right next to it. And yeah, comic is generally included in the first post of the thread.

I wonder what's happening to him in that last panel... Too much power, or Brahn having a failsafe?
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#7 Post by Tornir »

It's been said that dragons are magic. Maybe that includes their soul/consciousness, and instead of this spell just being a set of magical jump leads, he's inadvertently possessed himself?

Cinnibar
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#8 Post by Cinnibar »

We're about to find out why the Templars manipulated Clovis to use this amulet.

Cinnibar
New Citizen

#9 Post by Cinnibar »

mongoosemazanec wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 9:49 am Come to think of it, I guess the answer is no (already mentioned different genera). Tried to delete the above but don't know how.
Maybe! Neutral Mask already relaxed the fertility restriction with humans to keep something of the Keidrans around. Allowing more cross-fertilizatons within the Keidran races before this wouldn't be surprising if finally had to go as far as with humans.

deathbyflossing

#10 Post by deathbyflossing »

Dragons are made of magic. Therefore dragons are energy fields.
Renee is larger than Clovis, and Clovis as a whole is larger than just Clovis’ head.
Therefore, Renee is an energy field larger than Clovis’ head.
Clovis has just tried to possess Renee, and clearly had something unexpected happen that will doubtless be his downfall.
Ipso facto, Clovis tried to consume an energy field larger than his head, and is now finding out why the Evil Overlord List specifically forbids that.

Rafe
Council Member

#11 Post by Rafe »

I get the feeling that Reni is purposely pushing large amounts of energy Clovis' way. We saw this before when Raine went after Carver:

She threw Carver all the way to the Basitin Island. Who knows what could happen to Clovis if he gets hit with what Reni is throwing at him

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#12 Post by Bellhead »

Rafe wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:33 pm I get the feeling that Reni is purposely pushing large amounts of energy Clovis' way. We saw this before when Raine went after Carver:

[img]https://cdn.twokinds.keenspot.com/comics/20171011.jpg [img]

She threw Carver all the way to the Basitin Island. Who knows what could happen to Clovis if he gets hit with what Reni is throwing at him
Well, Raine could tell that he was trying to teleport, and boosted the spell with her own magic. Clovis is trying to take Reni's power, not use his own. The only thing I can think of, is that (as was suggested) Clovis' body can't handle the level of magic Reni has, and has basically overloaded himself; unless it's a trap by Brahn.

That or...
Maybe dragon magic is, like, a different frequency or something? Maybe it's just not compatible with him?
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

rwstyles
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: mrs nibbley

#13 Post by rwstyles »

Bellhead wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 6:57 pm
Rafe wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 5:33 pm I get the feeling that Reni is purposely pushing large amounts of energy Clovis' way. We saw this before when Raine went after Carver:

[img]https://cdn.twokinds.keenspot.com/comics/20171011.jpg [img]

Well, Raine could tell that he was trying to teleport, and boosted the spell with her own magic. Clovis is trying to take Reni's power, not use his own. The only thing I can think of, is that (as was suggested) Clovis' body can't handle the level of magic Reni has, and has basically overloaded himself; unless it's a trap by Brahn.

That or...
Maybe dragon magic is, like, a different frequency or something? Maybe it's just not compatible with him?
Has been done in other comics. Dragonball did it, probably more than once. Someone tried to drain Goku's power, exploded.

S'aaruuk
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: King Adelaide

#14 Post by S'aaruuk »

I find m'self agreeing with those who are of the belief that Braun manipulated and "sandbagged" Clovis by playing on his insatiable greed and lust for power/wealth. Oh he (Braun) told him what the amulet would do, but not the "price" or side effects of it's use against someone like Reni.

Clovis has loaded, cocked and placed the gun to his own head and is now in the process of pulling the trigger.........but what it's going to do/is doing to Reni is what concerns me.

Ainoko Ironrose
Citizen

#15 Post by Ainoko Ironrose »

Bellhead wrote: Sun Nov 13, 2022 11:37 am There should be an edit button, looks like a pencil in the top right. Delete is the X right next to it. And yeah, comic is generally included in the first post of the thread.

I wonder what's happening to him in that last panel... Too much power, or Brahn having a failsafe?
Looks like what happened to Kai in Kung Fu Panda 3 when Po overloaded him with chi.
I found my thrill...
On Blueberry Hill...

It was there...
I made my first kill...