Comic for October 14, 2022: Revealing His Ego

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Rafe
Council Member

Comic for October 14, 2022: Revealing His Ego

#1 Post by Rafe »

I guess that's not all he's revealing.

I'd assumed Clovis had been able to reverse the sex transformation he received from Nora, but it looks like he's only been hiding it using the power of illusion. I guess Nora did some serious hard-to-reverse magic on him.

Also, Clovis seems to be less in control lately than before. It's one thing to be ruthless and sadistic, but to lose your temper and yell about using the word "princess", not to mention killing Brutus for practically no reason, makes him look like he's not thinking clearly any more.

Lastly, I wonder who the glowing-eyed character in the background in the first panel is.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Re: Comic for October 14, 2022: Revealing His Ego

#2 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Oh totally Clovis is acting out of himself.

He is clearly smart but he overstimates his own smarts. He is blinded by revenge and hubris at the moment and more emotional than he lets go. He should have just left Brutus die, or at least be saved by someone else, but once he realized his feeling for him were not a side effect of the curse... He had to remove it himself, a very emotional decision with little strategic value. Moreover he is concussed at the moment so i do not expect him to make... the best decisions on the near future.

I wholeheartedly expect he wont survive this chapter. Probably ending himself due to his own hubris.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#3 Post by Bellhead »

Three more days, and it would have been a month between updates. Wonder if we should call this "comic for October, 2022" instead...

But yeah, Clovis is kinda... nuts. Definitely not firing on all cylinders here. I get the sense he's trying to garner sympathy from Reni, but she's just not having it. Though, despite the fear and/or uneasiness she clearly shows with her body language, she maintains a rather strong facade of strength of mind and resilience. I wonder which will give out first; her perceived resilience, or his over-inflated ego. But quite frankly, there's no way this will end peacefully.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#4 Post by Warrl »

Rafe wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:17 pm Lastly, I wonder who the glowing-eyed character in the background in the first panel is.
The true master of this world: Mrs. Nibbly. :squirrel:

:mrgreen:

Hayate
The Hidden User

#5 Post by Hayate »

Oh dear… didn’t see this coming…
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

IllusionsAtlas
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora, Natani & Lynn!

#6 Post by IllusionsAtlas »

He seems to be unsure of where his sentence is going while yelling implied with the "..." so he might've been making up his reasons for being in that version of his body still. Potentially he doesn't want to be but due to the curse being stronger he doesn't have a choice

He certainly seems rather unhinged right now as well, especially in the first and last frame, especially with all the stuff everyone has been mentioning

Hopefully this means we get to see some more of Nora soon :nora:
Any Lynn fans out there??? :Lynn:

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#7 Post by tony1695 »

So, is Clovis having a female form in his mindscape a sign of how deeply Nora managed to [censored] with his head when she transformed him, or has he spent so long as a woman that it changed and he can't make himself see himself as a man anymore? Either case is interesting.

And Clovis wants Reni for her power? I get the feeling that it won't be enough, Reni is a very young dragon, Nora has two millennia up her sleeve, who knows how much magic she can dump into a spell when she wants to? And I wonder if it's possible that dumped enough failsafes and false triggers that Clovis would be dead of old age before he can untangle them enough to safely reverse what was done.

Also, that cat in the clouds is likely a sign that the Seer is able to get a look into what's happening. Wouldn't be surprised to learn that the amulet has a backdoor that lets the Templar keep tabs on Clovis.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#8 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Well... At least (s)he's managed to straighten out hir gender-specific honorifics.

In all seriousness, though, I think it's safe to say that Reni is in quite a pickle. Hope this ends well for her...
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Foxx Trotter
Council Member

#9 Post by Foxx Trotter »

Warrl wrote: Sat Oct 15, 2022 1:53 am
Rafe wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:17 pm Lastly, I wonder who the glowing-eyed character in the background in the first panel is.
The true master of this world: Mrs. Nibbly. :squirrel:

:mrgreen:
The clouds have eyes. :twisted:
Videre videnda.

Vera Accalia
Traveler

#10 Post by Vera Accalia »

Might be a stupid guess, but makes me wonder if the figure in the background is the one really in control, kind of like a puppet master?

Didn't something similar happen earlier in the comic, but with masks?

Starcat5
Citizen

#11 Post by Starcat5 »

Not much to say. Just enjoying the fact that the Prince of Greed not only lost his Family Jewels iRL, but also in his own mind.

Also, since I doubt that we'll see another update this month, Happy Birthday to me on the 30th.

Zaigan
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#12 Post by Zaigan »

Hi Clovis, it's been awhile.

Another thought, but maybe Clovis is a girl in his mindscape because that can also be some feeling he's buried? I always thought he was more likely gay and in denial, but I suppose he could also have some gender issues even before the transformation that he denied. It seems like he felt a need to be very over-compensatory masculine because he needed to make up for some lack of it or failure to at least reach the ideal of it, imagined or real from his society.

He's small, has the hots for a guy and while we know he's supposedly banged a lot of women, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that was to compensate. He hates them so much, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a front to deal with how much he hates the "feminine" traits in himself, or perhaps even desires?

Imagine if the curse was feeding off his own mental conflict this whole time, and the reason he couldn't escape it was because he never dealt with his own issues. Natani has done a lot more growth on this front, both appearing male in headspace and yet, also making peace with the female bodied side. Even with a society of magic where you can just change your physical sex, Natani has also made a kind of peace and unified identity, and found love and companionship in spite of those challenges.

Clovis murdered someone he was probably in love with and despite being able to fix his physical appearance is female in head space, a place he should be in control of.

Cinnibar
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#13 Post by Cinnibar »

I just take it that being female is ALWAYS ON HIS MIND.

MaverickMopete
Citizen

#14 Post by MaverickMopete »

Clovis: "I... wanted you to see that! To show you what you dragons did to me!"
Reni: "And why would a dragon turn you into a woman? So you could see what it's like to be on the other side of pathetic misogyny?"
Clovis: "..."

Ainoko Ironrose
Citizen

#15 Post by Ainoko Ironrose »

Rafe wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:17 pm Image

I guess that's not all he's revealing.

I'd assumed Clovis had been able to reverse the sex transformation he received from Nora, but it looks like he's only been hiding it using the power of illusion. I guess Nora did some serious hard-to-reverse magic on him.

Also, Clovis seems to be less in control lately than before. It's one thing to be ruthless and sadistic, but to lose your temper and yell about using the word "princess", not to mention killing Brutus for practically no reason, makes him look like he's not thinking clearly any more.

Lastly, I wonder who the glowing-eyed character in the background in the first panel is.
Tom, I am begging on behalf of everyone here...

PLEASE DO A PIC OF CLOVIS THE PRINCESS OF THIEVES!!!!!

Similar to that of the next to last panel!!!
I found my thrill...
On Blueberry Hill...

It was there...
I made my first kill...