Comic for October 14, 2022: Revealing His Ego

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

targetdrone
Traveler

Re: Comic for October 14, 2022: Revealing His Ego

#16 Post by targetdrone »

soo Clovis ... seems we have a little princess with a big ego here? guess she missed her meds and schedule for the looney bin?

edit: also, our guys never get some rest... now they have to rescue snowcat mama AND an actual princess.....
Insert signature here

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#17 Post by AmigaDragon »

I'm wondering if (outside this mindscape anyway) Reni could see 'Nana' Nora's magical signature on Clovis if given a moment to look (not in the middle of a fight).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

scyllafren
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nibbs

#18 Post by scyllafren »

What if Nora messed with Clovis the following way:
Clovis was female at birth.
Nora just planted a false memory her being a male at birth and the "need" to change back?
Then if/when she finally achieves the gender change, the false memory lifted and she realizes she was female?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#19 Post by Bellhead »

scyllafren wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:32 pm What if Nora messed with Clovis the following way:
Nora just planted a false memory her being a male at birth and the "need" to change back?
Then if/when she finally achieves the gender change, the false memory lifted and she realizes she was female?
Interesting theory... But by that logic, it could be just as likely that Nora decided to plant that scenario in his head, just to mess with him. Inception is a nasty thing...

But knowing Nora, she probably just cursed every facet of his existence post sex change, without messing with his memories. His identity, his soul's gender, not to mention the way his brain functions... She seems to me, to be more of a trickster than a downright evil character, which leads me to think she'd be more inclined to play a rather chaotic prank than to torture someone the way you're describing.

Interesting thought, though.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#20 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Zaigan wrote: Sun Oct 16, 2022 5:53 am Hi Clovis, it's been awhile.

Another thought, but maybe Clovis is a girl in his mindscape because that can also be some feeling he's buried? I always thought he was more likely gay and in denial, but I suppose he could also have some gender issues even before the transformation that he denied. It seems like he felt a need to be very over-compensatory masculine because he needed to make up for some lack of it or failure to at least reach the ideal of it, imagined or real from his society.

He's small, has the hots for a guy and while we know he's supposedly banged a lot of women, I wouldn't be at all surprised to find out that was to compensate. He hates them so much, I wouldn't be surprised if it's a front to deal with how much he hates the "feminine" traits in himself, or perhaps even desires?

Imagine if the curse was feeding off his own mental conflict this whole time, and the reason he couldn't escape it was because he never dealt with his own issues. Natani has done a lot more growth on this front, both appearing male in headspace and yet, also making peace with the female bodied side. Even with a society of magic where you can just change your physical sex, Natani has also made a kind of peace and unified identity, and found love and companionship in spite of those challenges.

Clovis murdered someone he was probably in love with and despite being able to fix his physical appearance is female in head space, a place he should be in control of.

I had a similar theory. Clovis misogyny comes from his own mishandle gay feelings. He has tried to compensate for most of his life, first his lack of agency then his lack of traditional wolven characteristics, he is small and "weak" and he probably realized he still has feeling for brutus even now that curse has been lifted/diminished. Though in the Dargon Masquerade Tom says misogyny comes from her mom, she is a fox and all of Clovis problems comes from being half fox, which he sees as his mom fault hence he developed his misogynistic attitude.
Bellhead wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:45 pm
scyllafren wrote: Mon Oct 17, 2022 8:32 pm What if Nora messed with Clovis the following way:
Interesting theory... But by that logic, it could be just as likely that Nora decided to plant that scenario in his head, just to mess with him. Inception is a nasty thing...

But knowing Nora, she probably just cursed every facet of his existence post sex change, without messing with his memories. His identity, his soul's gender, not to mention the way his brain functions... She seems to me, to be more of a trickster than a downright evil character, which leads me to think she'd be more inclined to play a rather chaotic prank than to torture someone the way you're describing.

Interesting thought, though.

I think she is pretty cruel regardless, even though she does not see it. At the end Clovis lost a lot of control and agency over his own body and mind. Which is kinda scary when you thing about it. Your body just stops obeying you...
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

JohnTheWysard
Apprentice

#21 Post by JohnTheWysard »

I wonder why, given Clovis's conceit, manipulative streak, and hunger for power, he doesn't take advantage of his new form! He's - she's - now a hot, voluptuous female; seducing, teasing, tormenting and corrupting vulnerable males would seem to be second nature.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#22 Post by Bellhead »

JohnTheWysard wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:39 pm I wonder why, given Clovis's conceit, manipulative streak, and hunger for power, he doesn't take advantage of his new form! He's - she's - now a hot, voluptuous female; seducing, teasing, tormenting and corrupting vulnerable males would seem to be second nature.
A-ha, but that would mean accepting his female half, and he hates women with the passion of a thousand fiery suns. Regardless of what that body is capable of, he hates it on a genetic level. The voluptuousness of it just makes it that much more infuriating.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

IllusionsAtlas
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora, Natani & Lynn!

#23 Post by IllusionsAtlas »

Clovis misses out on great opportunities due to misogyny... how tragic... (;_;) (;_;)

On another note, it would be very interesting if the story does go down the path of Clovis overcompensating a hatrid for the female body in an attempt to cover up secretly enjoying it/feeling more comfortable in it and not knowing how do deal with it. I could see it leading to Natani and Clovis potentially dissolving the debt or something, since they would have a major thing in common, something I doubt Clovis would be comfortable getting out .
Any Lynn fans out there??? :Lynn:

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#24 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 11:55 pm
JohnTheWysard wrote: Tue Oct 18, 2022 10:39 pm I wonder why, given Clovis's conceit, manipulative streak, and hunger for power, he doesn't take advantage of his new form! He's - she's - now a hot, voluptuous female; seducing, teasing, tormenting and corrupting vulnerable males would seem to be second nature.
A-ha, but that would mean accepting his female half, and he hates women with the passion of a thousand fiery suns. Regardless of what that body is capable of, he hates it on a genetic level. The voluptuousness of it just makes it that much more infuriating.
I would say part of Clovis hate towards women is self hate. He hates his fox side which comes from his mum. So i would say yes he hates himself female or not
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#25 Post by Hulk10 »

Where is it said that he hates his fox half?

Also Clovis really isn't very smart imprisonaning a powerful creature of magic in his own mind. That cannot possibly end well for him.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#26 Post by Bellhead »

Hulk10 wrote: Thu Oct 20, 2022 12:16 am Where is it said that he hates his fox half?
TDM, Character Concept wrote: Clovis himself is a vain man,
who takes great pleasure in
wielding power over others.

Though he claims to be a full-blooded
wolf, his narrow snout betrays his half-fox
heritage, passed down from his mother's side.
This fact, coupled with the wolven view of foxes
as being lower class citizens, has caused Clovis
to hold an irrational hatred towards women.
Clovis reference sheet wrote: Clovis holds a hatred of both women &
foxes due largely to the fact that his
mother was a vixen. A fact he denies.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#27 Post by Eclipse »

Not sure why people keep saying they're surprised by this page. We've already known Clovis is completely full of himself and has been driven insane because he refuses to accept that his predicament is the result of his own actions and inability to process his own feelings.

Welsh halfwit
Citizen

#28 Post by Welsh halfwit »

Rafe wrote: Fri Oct 14, 2022 10:17 pm Lastly, I wonder who the glowing-eyed character in the background in the first panel is.
I seem to recall a certain young Templar who can see through the eyes of animals? And there's been a cat watching Clovis since the cellar.
Corp Davidstow. Don't mess with the mouse.

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#29 Post by Tornir »

You think the cat survived the destruction of the dungeon?
Down to eight lives now...

BigNorseWolf
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Clovis

#30 Post by BigNorseWolf »

Anyone else surprised/Impressed Reni could even tell?