The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Comic for September 17, 2022: Captain's Honor

#1 Post by Technic[Bot] »

God dammit Maeve is so precious.....
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

Re: Comic for September 17, 2022: Captain's Honor

#2 Post by CrRAR »

Can’t help but be reminded of this seeing lil Flora’s face:
(;_;)

Procede with caution, Alice! Godspeed Kei! o7
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Rafe
Council Member

#3 Post by Rafe »

Flora Flashback Time!

Starcat5
Citizen

#4 Post by Starcat5 »

Well, we all saw this coming. Anyone else smell "Death Flags" in the air? Too early to be sure, let alone who they belong to, but I am catching a whiff. :?

deathbyflossing
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#5 Post by deathbyflossing »

Seventh panel, he’s saying “on honor of the Edenmire Guard,” should that be “on my honor”, or “on the honor”, or “in honor”?

Also, I like the flashback to Flora. It’s clear that he deeply regrets not doing something about her situation sooner, and the comparison shot is very good at showing a mindset of ‘I did nothing then, and I won’t make that mistake twice.”

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#6 Post by Bellhead »

"O-or... ..I.. bite you." (;_;) :maeve: :heart: The cuteness.. It's dangerous...

Also, I will partially retract what I said about Kei on the last page. He seems to feel at least a tinge of regret over what happened with Flora... Though I still don't think he fully understands why she feels the way she does about him.

And yes, "On my honor". Unless he's just bad at words right now. :P
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

MaverickMopete
Citizen

#7 Post by MaverickMopete »

Good for you, Kei. Resolve this crisis immediately.

Or... she'll... bite you.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#8 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 11:14 pm "O-or... ..I.. bite you." (;_;) :maeve: :heart: The cuteness.. It's dangerous...

Also, I will partially retract what I said about Kei on the last page. He seems to feel at least a tinge of regret over what happened with Flora... Though I still don't think he fully understands why she feels the way she does about him.

And yes, "On my honor". Unless he's just bad at words right now. :P
Baby steps.
Though i am now not sure Kei will survive the chapter though... what is better for redemption than some heroic death?
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

RowanEx
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith

#9 Post by RowanEx »

Is it just me or is this Flora flashback a redraw from one of the earlier pages or something?
~~~()~~~
Rowan Ex

furcode: FFfm2adfrw A C- D H++ M- P R+ T+++ W Z- Sm RLU a- clmn++ d- e- f+ h+ iwf++ j++ p- sm-

MaverickMopete
Citizen

#10 Post by MaverickMopete »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 3:09 amBaby steps.
Though i am now not sure Kei will survive the chapter though... what is better for redemption than some heroic death?
There's a reason there's a TV Trope called "Redemption Equals Death."

Thomas Rot
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The villager on page 224

#11 Post by Thomas Rot »

Elemental Templar, step on up to collect your bets!
Elemental Templar wrote: Mon Aug 29, 2022 11:53 pm Who want's to bet that we're going to see a flashback of Kei with a kitten Flora, in the next page or two? Honestly apart from his honor/duty as a guard captain, I can see Kei going out of his way to help her as a personal redemption for giving up on his relationship with Flora.
Hmm. For some reason I was thrown off by Maeve's line at first. Then I thought back a bit and had the impression that this is the most we've ever heard her speak at once. Then I went back and checked and (surprise surprise) turns out I forgot about her comforting Flora way back when*, which is the only other time she doesn't speak monosyllabically. I think that sets off the urgency of the present situation rather well, she's clearly very perceptive but also far too scared and worried right now to make use of that.

[* Edit: Oh, that's right, that was also before she watched her mother nearly get blown up two days ago and who's now been violently taken away from their home – that would do wonders for a small child's psyche!]

This plot thread could go almost anywhere in all honesty. Almost nothing that Kei does or doesn't find out will be tangential to the outcome of the rest of this chapter, similar to what Tom mentioned about there being no way to address the Adira situation as part of the main story when he stuck them in last chapter's epilogue. What happens with this once the main cast arrives back in Edinmire will be something to deal with after the ticking time bombs in the estate. "Sufficient unto the day chapter is the evil thereof" and so forth. Don't know that this necessarily raises death flags but it's possible I may just be ignorant of general tropes.

Now I'm interested in what point he was at with Flora when that comparison shot was taken. The neglect? Hunting? Before that when he let her down in some smaller but significant way?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#12 Post by Bellhead »

Thomas Rot wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:50 pm Now I'm interested in what point he was at with Flora when that comparison shot was taken. The neglect? Hunting? Before that when he let her down in some smaller but significant way?
By the way she looked, I'd wager she went to him for protection, or some such, and he refused; probably due to some job he was given. If memory serves, Kei was the one hunting her in the end, and if she went to him for help before that... He might realize that he chose duty over a childhood friend. Or maybe he thinks of his duty differently than he did back then.

Many ways this can go.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#13 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Sorry for taking so long. My computer was broken.

But in any case... Geh! My heart!
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#14 Post by Hulk10 »

Well looks like he does have a sense of duty and decency.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#15 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 2:43 pm
Thomas Rot wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 12:50 pm Now I'm interested in what point he was at with Flora when that comparison shot was taken. The neglect? Hunting? Before that when he let her down in some smaller but significant way?
By the way she looked, I'd wager she went to him for protection, or some such, and he refused; probably due to some job he was given. If memory serves, Kei was the one hunting her in the end, and if she went to him for help before that... He might realize that he chose duty over a childhood friend. Or maybe he thinks of his duty differently than he did back then.

Many ways this can go.
If i recall yes it was implied they parted on terrible terms. And flora is seen bleeding on a stream once scarped.

I like Kei though, he realized, by himself something other characters have required literal godly intervention, he was a terrible person to someone he cared for. He tries to do better, carrying flora papers in the off chance he ever see him again. And is still sad Flora will likely not talk to him ever again, yet he understand that is his fault and her prerogative.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide