Comic For August 20th, 2022: Traditional Diplomacy

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

MaverickMopete
Citizen

Comic For August 20th, 2022: Traditional Diplomacy

#1 Post by MaverickMopete »

Tiger Keidran diplomacy at its finest!

Also, I hope I did this right. This is my first time posting a Comic Thread.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Comic For August 20th, 2022: Traditional Diplomacy

#2 Post by Bellhead »

HI MOM! :mrgrin:

Also, first official communication from Therie, and we find out she's a friggin' princess, who may or may not be carrying the child of a lowly human town guard.

And may I be the first to say, as this is the first canon close-up we get of Therie: She's CUTE. :blush: Kinda like Flora was, back in the day, but without her rebelliousness, or the history that gave it to her. Like a youthful child enjoying the sunshine... Then again, she must be of at least mating age, to be engaging in all of this
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#3 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Dahlia is Therie's mother?! Wow, who'd have guessed? And on top of that, we get a sketch involving the family on the same day!
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#4 Post by Elemental Templar »

Bellhead wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:02 pm HI MOM! :mrgrin:

Also, first official communication from Therie, and we find out she's a friggin' princess, who may or may not be carrying the child of a lowly human town guard.

And may I be the first to say, as this is the first canon close-up we get of Therie: She's CUTE. :blush: Kinda like Flora was, back in the day, but without her rebelliousness, or the history that gave it to her. Like a youthful child enjoying the sunshine... Then again, she must be of at least mating age, to be engaging in all of this
The fact that she's Dahlia's daughter, also means that Iris' friend, the tigress in purple from page 900 , is Dahlia's niece. And ironically, she was the more humble of the two when Flora was talking with them. I suppose this means that when you're close in-kinship to a matriarch you need to to learn humility at a fairly young age to avoid tarnishing the clans reputation.

Although... If Therie is now canonically expecting a baby, I can't help but wonder what the reaction would be from other clans?

Also I saw the new patreon sketch, and it was adorable!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

Lightice
Citizen

#5 Post by Lightice »

I wonder if the redhead tiger's ear twitch is a reaction to Therie or if they've finally noticed something going on at the Estate?

sotanaht
Traveler

#6 Post by sotanaht »

Elemental Templar wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:21 pm Although... If Therie is now canonically expecting a baby, I can't help but wonder what the reaction would be from other clans?
"At least one of us is doing well at diplomacy"?

Hayate
The Hidden User

#7 Post by Hayate »

Well that’s lewd.
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#8 Post by Hulk10 »

MaverickMopete wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 7:45 pm Image

Tiger Keidran diplomacy at its finest!

Also, I hope I did this right. This is my first time posting a Comic Thread.
This is pretty funny.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Rafe
Council Member

#9 Post by Rafe »

It's interesting that Dahlia's "Ah, to be young again." line was spoken in Keidran.
She apparently didn't want Kieren (who must not speak Keidran) in on her intimate thoughts.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#10 Post by Eclipse »

Therie is Dahlia's daughter? :shock: Wasn't expecting that.
Rafe wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 1:10 am It's interesting that Dahlia's "Ah, to be young again." line was spoken in Keidran.
She apparently didn't want Kieren (who must not speak Keidran) in on her intimate thoughts.

Most likely. Wouldn't want the humans knowing that she f*cked anything with a pulse in her youth.

Spazoid
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora

#11 Post by Spazoid »

First time Therrie's had ANY dialogue that I can think of....even in the gallery stuff.
"Boldly going forward, 'cause I can't find reverse!"

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#12 Post by Neutral Smith »

I never knew that my Panel Shuffle would be so close to the truth. At least the diplomacy without pants part.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Thomas Rot
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The villager on page 224

#13 Post by Thomas Rot »

Right then, since nothing ever goes right for Kei I think we can safely say he won’t be able to file his report before something else happens to necessitate another report.

Funny feeling as to what that something else might be. Multiple such something elses, in fact…
Lightice wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 9:32 pm I wonder if the redhead tiger's ear twitch is a reaction to Therie or if they've finally noticed something going on at the Estate?
Wrong direction for the estate, I think. The estate is somewhere to the east of Edinmire more or less, you can work that out from the mountains around the town plus that other distant shot of the estate that Maeve saw the last time we were with her. It's definitely sunset or close to it* so the tigers are facing west.

My guess is someone approaching with the subject of Kei’s extra report assignment.

* The background time of day has not been the most consistent across all these overlapping threads obviously. Look at the sky behind that earlier estate shot with Maeve, or the sky when the mercs watch Reni bust through the roof, or the sky in these current panels. Convince me that’s all supposed to be taking place at roughly the same time, go on, I dare you.** :P

** I can actually take a stab at convincing myself but I don’t feel like double posting. Maybe once someone else posts.

trantor
Apprentice

#14 Post by trantor »

Elemental Templar wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:21 pm

The fact that she's Dahlia's daughter, also means that Iris' friend, the tigress in purple from page 900 , is Dahlia's niece. And ironically, she was the more humble of the two when Flora was talking with them. I suppose this means that when you're close in-kinship to a matriarch you need to to learn humility at a fairly young age to avoid tarnishing the clans reputation.

Although... If Therie is now canonically expecting a baby, I can't help but wonder what the reaction would be from other clans?

Also I saw the new patreon sketch, and it was adorable!!! :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
I think it is a little bit early for talking about pregnancy, as we know that Keidran folk differ strong between simple mating for fun and mating for pregnancy.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#15 Post by Eclipse »

trantor wrote: Sun Aug 21, 2022 12:37 pm
Elemental Templar wrote: Sat Aug 20, 2022 8:21 pm

I think it is a little bit early for talking about pregnancy, as we know that Keidran folk differ strong between simple mating for fun and mating for pregnancy.
This is a good point. We know that Keidran aren't fertile until a week after they've been in heat and they use sex to get to know one another. So Therie probably isn't actually pregnant yet. If they stick together though (and I think they probably will), she will be soon.