Comic for August 13, 2022: Off-Duty Accounts

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

faeranne
Fav. Twokinds Character: Seraphina

Re: Comic for August 13, 2022: Off-Duty Accounts

#16 Post by faeranne »

Everyone here's talking about expecting tigers, and I'm just squealing over the fact that Sera is back, and looking cute as heck.

Kyrit
Templar

#17 Post by Kyrit »

Sera doesn't even look like the same character anymore. Where did all that hair come from? Where did her thick yellow eyebrows go? I guess it'll get played off as an expression of her magic, but that doesn't really cut it for me when she's kept all of her dragon parts. Feels more like Tom suddenly got her mixed up with Wrinry.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#18 Post by Warrl »

Some of Seraphina's dragon parts were tranformation, some were costume. (And some of her apparent abilities - fire and flying, specifically - were disrupted when her pendant was broken.) Could be that some were illusion. She wouldn't necessarily get all the costume parts back (and her shirt was wrecked) and the magic suppressor probably would disrupt the illusions, but that leaves the transformation.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#19 Post by Eclipse »

Warrl wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:18 pm Some of Seraphina's dragon parts were tranformation, some were costume. (And some of her apparent abilities - fire and flying, specifically - were disrupted when her pendant was broken.) Could be that some were illusion. She wouldn't necessarily get all the costume parts back (and her shirt was wrecked) and the magic suppressor probably would disrupt the illusions, but that leaves the transformation.
They said she flew off after she broke out though. So clearly the magic suppressor didn't disrupt her flying.

Kyrit
Templar

#20 Post by Kyrit »

Warrl wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 5:18 pm Some of Seraphina's dragon parts were tranformation, some were costume. (And some of her apparent abilities - fire and flying, specifically - were disrupted when her pendant was broken.) Could be that some were illusion. She wouldn't necessarily get all the costume parts back (and her shirt was wrecked) and the magic suppressor probably would disrupt the illusions, but that leaves the transformation.
She's not missing any of her dragon parts; none of that was costume. We see dragon leg kicking the bars in panel 2. Panel 3 we see tail, arms, scales along her neck and cheek, sharp teeth and horns. Yeah, we understandably see new clothes since her other ones were wrecked. Given that we see her breathing a tiny puff of fire I don't think she has a magic suppressor on her. (Correcting myself; comic does claim there was a magic suppressor at least. Might have been only in the cell though)

The only physical difference (I'm not counting fire wings, as those only came out during a fight) we see is related to her hair, such feels like it would have been the least likely part to be a form of magic and more likely a result of Tom drawing her with long hair in Patreon sketches to make her look more appealing and then forgetting that she’s supposed to have a mohawk in current comic time.

faeranne
Fav. Twokinds Character: Seraphina

#21 Post by faeranne »

To be fair... it has been 8 years since she last showed up in the comic. Buuuut I'm also a sucker for her, so I'm also probably a little too willing to see past issues.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#22 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Ah Sera. To be fair i did not expected to see her ever again, nor Sealeen or Landen for that matter. On one hand they can provide some levity as the story team rocket, on the other i prefer them as one offs...

Regarding Sera tom said on stream he preferred this hairstyle for her. Excuse is that she was wearing a skullcap that got confiscated with the rest of her armor.

And yes common theory is that hybrids are currently possible thanks to Ephemural meddling however given most Keidran are not fertile all year round it may take a while for "surprise" pregnancies to start pooping. But i do hope we get the side sketches of therie as canon in the future, that little side story meshed well with the themes of the comic.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#23 Post by Hulk10 »

Eclipse wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 2:56 am
Hulk10 wrote: Sun Aug 14, 2022 12:33 am
Eclipse wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:32 pm
tony1695 wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:13 pm
Eclipse wrote: Sat Aug 13, 2022 11:02 pm

I think everyone is counting Flora, that's not the third that's questionable. It's Flora, Therie, and who?
People are assuming that the Matriarch is also pregnant, going off how big her belly is. Never mind that Tiger Keidran see big and chunky as a sign of affluence and power (or was it just being physically attractive), so it could just be that.
Also, we cant even be sure that Therie can get pregnant, that would depend on how recently she had her last, ahem, heat.
Yeah, I don't think Dahlia is pregnant, I think she's just heavier because of her affluence in the Tiger Keidran tribe.

It's all speculation with Therie, but the way this comic is I could see Daniels and Therie's "diplomatic meeting" putting a baby hybrid in Therie's belly.
Didn't Tom confirm that Dahlia is just heavy.
IDK, I don't follow Tom. Did you see him confirm that? If so, please share with the class!
I heard someone say that on discord.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Nutster
Traveler

#24 Post by Nutster »

So, now Sarah is doing a very passable River Song impersonation, except possibly for some time travelling. Mind you, River's ability to fly is much more limited, so I guess it evens out. I could definitely see Sarah getting a heavily armoured supremely racist warrior to retreat as well.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#25 Post by AmigaDragon »

How many jails has Sera "napped" in that she can compare this as one of the nicer?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

csongor242
Fav. Twokinds Character: Reni

#26 Post by csongor242 »

While I'm very glad to see Sera again, I must say I prefer her original design with the orange mohawk.

trantor
Apprentice

#27 Post by trantor »

AmigaDragon wrote: Mon Aug 15, 2022 3:24 pm How many jails has Sera "napped" in that she can compare this as one of the nicer?
As she is the "wild one" Party Girl of the Trio and impetuous in her powers, I think that she has seen more than a few one over the years.
But it is interesting that a magic supressor seems not to work on her. But at last she is not awearing anyone direct on her. So there should have been one in the cell.

It would be fun if she had said: "I give you a 4 of 5 star rating for the comfortable jail cell."

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#28 Post by Bellhead »

trantor wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:47 am But it is interesting that a magic supressor seems not to work on her. But at last she is not awearing anyone direct on her. So there should have been one in the cell.
Look closely, and you'll see the shackle on her right arm as she stretches. I'd bet that's it.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

trantor
Apprentice

#29 Post by trantor »

Bellhead wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 2:34 pm
trantor wrote: Wed Aug 17, 2022 9:47 am But it is interesting that a magic supressor seems not to work on her. But at last she is not awearing anyone direct on her. So there should have been one in the cell.
Look closely, and you'll see the shackle on her right arm as she stretches. I'd bet that's it.
This looks more than the broken end of a wall chain to me. If I remember right all magic supressors I've seen here were necklaces. There are also no runes on this one like on the others we had seen until now.

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#30 Post by Tornir »

trantor wrote: Thu Aug 18, 2022 6:59 amThis looks more than the broken end of a wall chain to me. If I remember right all magic suppressors I've seen here were necklaces. There are also no runes on this one like on the others we had seen until now.
You may be thinking of the slave collars? They have visible runes on the outside.
Raine's magic suppressing shackle was worn on the wrist, and had the runes on the inside of the band.