The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cinnibar
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Comic for July 10, 2022: Time Unlimited

#16 Post by Cinnibar »

I doubt Rose is gone.

After all, as Senechal, she can help Saria's wish for Trace to be happy and not backslide more possible.

Nardole: "Your missus wouldn't approve. ... Warning: I have full permission to kick your ***" - Doctor Who

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#17 Post by Hulk10 »

Cinnibar wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 3:41 pm I doubt Rose is gone.

After all, as Senechal, she can help Saria's wish for Trace to be happy and not backslide more possible.

Nardole: "Your missus wouldn't approve. ... Warning: I have full permission to kick your ***" - Doctor Who
I would certainly be happy if she was gone she certainly has suffered enough.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Shockwave07
Apprentice

#18 Post by Shockwave07 »

The Blue Fox wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:27 am Saria does say "take as long as you need"...which I think implies Rose will be coming back eventually.
I'm more under the impression that she is telling Rose, who thought that they had ran out of time, to extend the time they had as long as she needed. "A second can last as long as we want it to,"

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#19 Post by Hulk10 »

Shockwave07 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:05 pm
The Blue Fox wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 7:27 am Saria does say "take as long as you need"...which I think implies Rose will be coming back eventually.
I'm more under the impression that she is telling Rose, who thought that they had ran out of time, to extend the time they had as long as she needed. "A second can last as long as we want it to,"
Frankly I don't mind either way. I'm happy they got to reunite.

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Rafe
Council Member

#20 Post by Rafe »

I find it a little hard to believe that there would be some reason to ask Rose to return her soul from an afterlife with Saria, into a place where she was, in her words, " ...Not entirely (dead), but I am... less than I was..." [LINK https://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/1114/]. And of course, this is also after an abnormally long (and at times very painful) life. According to Rose, Detritus also drained Rose's life energy from "the shackles of my old body" in order to keep himself alive and suppress her. This probably explains her "fading out". It also might mean that her body is no longer able to keep her soul intact [LINK https://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/1168/]. This might also explain why her soul was in the place it was when Saria sensed it.

You sometimes see stories where a person returns from a near-death experience, convinced that they were "not ready for the afterlife yet", or "have some task yet to perform". These are pretty much always young people, not those who have lived an entire life already. But I suppose we might see some communication with Rose's soul. Magic can make pretty much anything possible.

There was one sad thing that was revealed here; that Rose had been ashamed and afraid of what she had done for all this time, and that she had done harm to Saria. What a horrible burden that must have been - even more so since she could tell no one about it.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#21 Post by Bellhead »

Hulk10 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:35 pm
As am I. But I support the theory that she's gone for good, and thus gets to spend the rest of however long they want, being together.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#22 Post by Hulk10 »

Bellhead wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:37 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:35 pm
As am I. But I support the theory that she's gone for good, and thus gets to spend the rest of however long they want, being together.
Me too.

The Blue Fox
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Laura

#23 Post by The Blue Fox »

Rafe wrote: Wed Jul 13, 2022 9:36 pm You sometimes see stories where a person returns from a near-death experience, convinced that they were "not ready for the afterlife yet", or "have some task yet to perform". These are pretty much always young people, not those who have lived an entire life already.
What springs to mind for me reading this is a show called "Ghost Whisperer", where a girl is able to see and speak with ghosts and help them resolve some unfinished business so they can move on. I know that's not what you meant, it's just the "some task yet to perform" line made me think of it.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#24 Post by Technic[Bot] »

The only reason Rose has to stay is her Niece Raine, who she promised to teach her.

I honestly do not think that is compelling her enough to stay nor that she can even if she wanted to. And honestly i prefer it that way, Rose has gone through enough and that also gives us some excuse ot have some conflict between Raine and Trace
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Sky Shatter
Citizen

#25 Post by Sky Shatter »

I just noticed that Maren's reflection in the background glass is Saria. A nice little detail.

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#26 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Sky Shatter wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 9:57 am I just noticed that Maren's reflection in the background glass is Saria. A nice little detail.
Hmm. I never noticed that until you pointed it out. Guess I'm the kind of person to focus on the foreground. Thanks for teaching me that about myself.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."