Moderator: Moderators

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Comic for July 10, 2022: Time Unlimited

#1 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Comic for July 10, 2022: Time Unlimited

All i can say is:
*Tom uses emotional punch , it is super effective, critical hit. Tec has fainted*
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

The Blue Fox
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Laura

Re: Comic for July 10, 2022: Time Unlimited

#2 Post by The Blue Fox »

All aboard the feels train! Choo choo!
I quite liked Rose. Kinda sad to see her go. :(

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#3 Post by Bellhead »

Well, we did anticipate losing a character or two...

It's interesting that time flows differently for spirits. Good for them. I will miss Rose, though...
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Nutster
Traveler

#4 Post by Nutster »

The only thought that came to me seeing this was, "Good doggy." :heart: Even for the wolf. :sythe:

Rafe
Council Member

#5 Post by Rafe »

That was an amazingly beautiful death scene - simple, direct, and honest.

Cue Unchained Melody: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWOBp6Xlgw8

(Okay, now I'm crying...)

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#6 Post by Elemental Templar »

Rafe wrote: Sun Jul 10, 2022 11:23 pm That was an amazingly beautiful death scene - simple, direct, and honest.

Cue Unchained Melody: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UWOBp6Xlgw8

(Okay, now I'm crying...)
I wouldn't exactly call this a death scene per se, but it is absolutely beautiful (;_;) (;_;) (;_;)

The wisp of Saria's soul winding away while intertwined with the rose petals is such a nice touch, and coupled with the symbolism of Rose & Saria hugging in the mind space; I think this is now my new favorite page.

Also amazing choice with the Soundtrack from Ghost
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

Hayate
The Hidden User

#7 Post by Hayate »

(;_;) emotional damage (;_;)
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#8 Post by Hulk10 »

This was beautiful. And I'm glad that Rose seems to have found peace. Trace will need to find a new Senechal for his mansion but that's okay.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

CloudHiro

#9 Post by CloudHiro »

Hulk10 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:08 am This was beautiful. And I'm glad that Rose seems to have found peace. Trace will need to find a new Senechal for his mansion but that's okay.
thing is do we know for sure that Rose permanently left with her though? she could just be spending time with her till she leaves for the other side.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#10 Post by Bellhead »

CloudHiro wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:42 am
Hulk10 wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 1:08 am This was beautiful. And I'm glad that Rose seems to have found peace. Trace will need to find a new Senechal for his mansion but that's okay.
thing is do we know for sure that Rose permanently left with her though? she could just be spending time with her till she leaves for the other side.
This is a good point. That moment between the hug, and Saria's soul leaving, could have been an eternity or more from their perspective. But there's also the chance that with Detritus gone, there's nothing holding Rose to the Estate, though I kind of doubt that's the case...

Either way, Rose is happy, so that's enough for me for now.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Sky Shatter
Citizen

#11 Post by Sky Shatter »

It's been more'n a few years, so I reckon Tom plum forgot Rose has got herself a southern accent she slips into when she's all riled up. Ain't like she'd keep playin' the stern old lady for Saria. Certainly not when she don't look the part.
https://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/1033/

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#12 Post by Bellhead »

While I can't link it at the moment, if you've read TDM, there's a slightly different perspective there. While they were indeed very close, and we don't fully know how close, they were still technically master and servant. Rose, though still a country girl at heart, had immense respect for Saria. And, although Saria would have preferred Rose speak naturally, I'm sure Rose (at least initially) felt an intense obligation to act the part of a servant of nobility, and adjust her speech patterns as such.

Seeing Saria after such a long time, and such an already emotional couple of days, I'm sure she reverted to her former personality of "I respect you more than words, and I will show you the best I have to offer." So while she still speaks with her drawl when trying to let loose, I hardly see this as the time for that.

Bixyl Shuftan
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose

#13 Post by Bixyl Shuftan »

An Internet friend of mine told me that she had spoken to the artist, and couldn't help but wonder if Rose was modeled after her (in virtual reality, she went about in a number of avatars, but most often a fox in white fur and red hair). Sadly several months ago, she passed away from Covid. Reading this strip, I couldn't help but think of her and feel a tear in my eye.
Second Life Newser: https://slnewser.blogspot.com/

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#14 Post by Hulk10 »

Bellhead wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 10:37 am
CloudHiro wrote: Mon Jul 11, 2022 5:42 am
This is a good point. That moment between the hug, and Saria's soul leaving, could have been an eternity or more from their perspective. But there's also the chance that with Detritus gone, there's nothing holding Rose to the Estate, though I kind of doubt that's the case...

Either way, Rose is happy, so that's enough for me for now.
Yeah we don't know. But Rose is happy and thats good.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

The Blue Fox
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Laura

#15 Post by The Blue Fox »

Saria does say "take as long as you need"...which I think implies Rose will be coming back eventually.