Comic for June 18, 2022: Saria and Trace pt3

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Comic for June 18, 2022: Saria and Trace pt3

#1 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Despite Tom rather simplistic human faces... Damn that is some emotion there.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Rafe
Council Member

Re: Comic for June 18, 2022: Saria and Trace pt3

#2 Post by Rafe »

I assume all the dialog in this page (Dark Trace's, anyway) could be a flashback to Saria's death - or failed original resurrection.

The alterative is that the first panel is happening in the present, and Dark Trace has taken over "our" Trace. Or, even stranger, Dark Trace has separated himself from "our" Trace, and he is now so distraught at Saria telling him these things, and leaving him again, that it looks like he is leaving this world, and is wandering off to the Land of Wind and Ghosts.

Question is, is he going to take Non-Dark Trace with him if he goes?

The "Trace? Trace?" lines at the end, I assume are from Flora. She must be seeing some or all of this and something is happening to Trace. Maybe he's lost consciousness. Maybe something much worse.

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#3 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Aye! That is one sympathetic heart-spear I may never recover from. Tom, you are one good writer to be able to make me feel the pain felt by your characters that deeply.

In other news, it seems that the last page and a half featured actual dialogue, and a confused Flora is trying to bring Trace back to his senses. Hope it works...
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#4 Post by Bellhead »

IHeartMaeve wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 7:20 pm In other news, it seems that the last page and a half featured actual dialogue, and a confused Flora is trying to bring Trace back to his senses. Hope it works...
It seems that way, yes. I'll go one further, and wager that what we hear is actual dialogue, but what we see is in a mindscape of sorts, which accounts for Saria being encased in angelic light and leaving Trace in a dark shadow.

Also, kinda called it. Saria was the one who could get through to Dark Trace. I just hope he doesn't take his misguided anger out on New Trace's fiancée, for being the one to interrupt his thoughts... And yes, per the page transcript, that last bubble is confirmed Flora.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

#5 Post by Hulk10 »

I see that she understands that Evil Trace isn't the man she loved.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Vera Accalia
Traveler

#6 Post by Vera Accalia »

Oh no... Why do I feel like Dark Trace is about to attack Flora?

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#7 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Dark Trace really had very little to live for. He wanted to bring back Saria, but that is gone now. Saria does not want anything to do with what is left of him, she is horrified of what his husband became and wishes him to stop. Was else does he have now? Oh yes he also planned revenge on all Keidran using the towers for some unspecified scheme. That is all he has now... Revenge. This could end up poorly...
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#8 Post by Elemental Templar »

Hulk10 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:08 pm I see that she understands that Evil Trace isn't the man she loved.
I think she always knew that; the real point of contention here will be if Evil Trace accepts his failure and lets himself fade into oblivion like Detritus or doubles down in desperation and tries to murder everyone and everything around him.

Or another possibility, Tom pulls an act straight from Persona 4 using this page with Evil Trace is basically being the shadow (I.E. everything Trace's denying about himself whether deliberately or unintentionally) and it'll come down to the current Trace, with flora acting as his emotional anchor, accepting his Evil self?
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#9 Post by Hulk10 »

Elemental Templar wrote: Sun Jun 19, 2022 12:19 am
Hulk10 wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 8:08 pm I see that she understands that Evil Trace isn't the man she loved.
I think she always knew that; the real point of contention here will be if Evil Trace accepts his failure and lets himself fade into oblivion like Detritus or doubles down in desperation and tries to murder everyone and everything around him.

Or another possibility, Tom pulls an act straight from Persona 4 using this page with Evil Trace is basically being the shadow (I.E. everything Trace's denying about himself whether deliberately or unintentionally) and it'll come down to the current Trace, with flora acting as his emotional anchor, accepting his Evil self?
I wouldn't put it past Tom to pull something like that off. It would make a great plot device.

Vera Accalia wrote: Sat Jun 18, 2022 9:56 pm Oh no... Why do I feel like Dark Trace is about to attack Flora?
I get that feeling too.

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

Cinnibar
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#10 Post by Cinnibar »

Hate to say it, but inside, deep inside, Trace hasn't changed, and no intention to. :( This would be a serious red if not black flag for anyone else.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by Hulk10 »

Cinnibar wrote: Mon Jun 20, 2022 5:20 am Hate to say it, but inside, deep inside, Trace hasn't changed, and no intention to. :( This would be a serious red if not black flag for anyone else.
Well we will just have to wait and see.

Sky Shatter
Citizen

#12 Post by Sky Shatter »

Saria is making a rather strange contradiction of herself.
On the previous page, she tells Trace that he's not the man she loved, but would like to speak to the him that remains.
She then tells that Trace that he isn't the man she loved, because they died together, and implies the memory-wiped Trace is more like the one she knew.

Jeez girl, pick a lane.

AndreRhineDavis
Templar Master

#13 Post by AndreRhineDavis »

On the actual comic, Saria says to Trace "Let them be happy", but in the transcript it's written "Let your new self be happy"