Similarties

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

Similarties

#1 Post by IHeartMaeve »

So, a fellow forumite called jacobc62 once pointed out some similarities between the previous version of Trace, and Star Wars' Anakin Skywalker (see here for details.). And it got me thinking, what if there were other characters in Twokinds that also bore similarities to other major characters, be they comic, movie, etc.?

Well, it turns out there are. For example, Raine Silverlock, whose major similarities happen to be to Rahne Sinclair, a.k.a. Wolfsbane from the X-Men: New Mutants comics. Similar qualities that I could find include:
  1. They have the same first name in terms of pronunciation, as well as the same last initial.
  2. Both are capable of shapeshifting into a wolf-like form (Raine via her father's innate power of flawless transformation, Wolfsbane via her mutant powers.)
  3. Both have something of a "halfway" form between human and wolf.
  4. Both start out as rather shy around others.
How about you? Do you know anyone in TK that has similar traits to other literary characters? If so, please reply with their name, the non-TK character they share traits with, and a list of qualities you see them sharing.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Elemental Templar
Merchant

Re: Similarties

#2 Post by Elemental Templar »

Funnily enough, one of my very first posts was me noting the similarities between Twokinds and Avatar: The Last Airbender with the largest section being a comparison between Keith and Prince Zuko:
  • Both of them had a mother who would try to shelter them from violence, and father whom would berate and scald them (Although Cornelius never went as far as Ozai)
  • They were both banished from their homelands with a seemingly impossible task to bring back with them a person of major importance (and ultimately befriend their intended captive)
  • They both ultimately get betrayed by their homelands, only to regain their status & honor after MANY trials & tribulations
  • Heck, after the events at the Basitin Templar Tower, Keith ends up with a scar over his eye (albeit much less smaller), which is I suppose is a thematic tie to Zuko (and after checking google I realized they're on opposite sides of their respective faces)
I'm also not the only one who realized this apparently, someone on Tom's Patreon made this Sketch suggestion

And as I was typing this, I also realized that the Late General Alabaster kind of has parallels to Admiral Zhao :

Both were adamantly against their banished warrior succeeding in their task (in-spite of the fact that it was intended to be a fools errand) and did anything and everything they could to try and prevent that; with their most drastic action being attempted assassination by fire (Alabaster tried to burn down the tavern Keith was in, and Zhao hired the pirates from The Waterbending Scroll to kill Zuko by blowing up his warship)

I would've included links to my aforementioned post but, I didn't want to be the cause of any necroposting & if you feel so inclined to check it out please respect that wish
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous