Concerns about the outcome of the comic

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.
Fav. Twokinds Character: Flora, Nora, Kat.

Concerns about the outcome of the comic

#1 Post by Hulk10 »

I'm a bit worried about the outcome of the story of Trace and Flora.
Hulk is strongest one there is -Incredible Hulk

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

Re: Concerns about the outcome of the comic

#2 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Hulk10 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:53 pm I'm a bit worried about the outcome of the story of Trace and Flora.
How so? I'm sure someone has a theory to counter your concerns.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster
Location: Twokinds world where Keidran live long lives and do not have crystal limitations on their magic.

#3 Post by Hulk10 »

IHeartMaeve wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:04 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 6:53 pm I'm a bit worried about the outcome of the story of Trace and Flora.
The encounter with the piece of Saria's soul, if that even was the real Saria........... All that evil Trace did was unforgivable and I'm sure that somewhere along the line Trace may be required to sacrifice himself to atone for his misdeeds..

In the name of the Mighty Legions of Predacons who preceded me I shall never again bow to your charge! But, I will heed your previous advice and face my true enemy AS A BEAST! -Predaking.

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#4 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Hulk10 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:11 pm
The encounter with the piece of Saria's soul, if that even was the real Saria........... All that evil Trace did was unforgivable and I'm sure that somewhere along the line Trace may be required to sacrifice himself to atone for his misdeeds..
Possibly.. But considering the clichés of the genre, I find it likely that, even if that were to happen, it might end well regardless.

But what do I know? That was just a guess.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#5 Post by Hulk10 »

IHeartMaeve wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:24 pm
Possibly.. But considering the clichés of the genre, I find it likely that, even if that were to happen, it might end well regardless.

Well I'm sick of bittersweet endings and I'm sick of endless relationship drama like in Marvel and DC comics.....

IHeartMaeve
Templar

#6 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Hulk10 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:29 pm

Well I'm sick of bittersweet endings and I'm sick of endless relationship drama like in Marvel and DC comics.....
Hmm. Well, I guess all we can do is trust that Tom has a worthwhile ending in mind. As for now, we should just enjoy the comic and not worry too much.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#7 Post by Hulk10 »

IHeartMaeve wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:31 pm
Hulk10 wrote: Tue Jun 07, 2022 11:29 pm

Hmm. Well, I guess all we can do is trust that Tom has a worthwhile ending in mind. As for now, we should just enjoy the comic and not worry too much.
Hard to enjoy it right now when old Trace is like Anakin but with no hope of returning and Dark Trace is like Darth Vader and is the only part of old Trace that remains...... I would love to see some loving reconciliation between Saria and old Trace( not Dark Trace obviously).

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#8 Post by Bellhead »

That's... very difficult to predict. Tom has proven (frustratingly well) that he can come up with some rather intensely disturbing imagery and storyline when he chooses to. However, he has also shown that he's willing to make a successful and believable Deus Ex Machina to save a beloved character, if only for a bit.

As for Trace and Flora, I see them living happily at the end of the story; though how they get there is anyone's guess. Regarding your Star Wars comparison, I'd lean toward "agree", with the exception that New Trace is effectively Vader's reincarnation who never fell to the dark side and lives a happy life, enduring the call to darkness through the support of close friends and family. Sure, he'd have some rather difficult trials ahead, but with enough willpower, I don't see how he wouldn't have a way out. That, and I doubt Tom would put them in a truly hopeless situation.

Not to say he won't still end up struggling indefinitely, mind you, but "endless drama" doesn't really seem like the type of thing waiting for those two. And a bittersweet ending, due to the character relations he's built over nearly two decades, would likely mean most of the cast dying to protect each other, and I don't see that happening either.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#9 Post by Hulk10 »

Bellhead wrote: Wed Jun 08, 2022 1:24 am That's... very difficult to predict. Tom has proven (frustratingly well) that he can come up with some rather intensely disturbing imagery and storyline when he chooses to. However, he has also shown that he's willing to make a successful and believable Deus Ex Machina to save a beloved character, if only for a bit.

As for Trace and Flora, I see them living happily at the end of the story; though how they get there is anyone's guess. Regarding your Star Wars comparison, I'd lean toward "agree", with the exception that New Trace is effectively Vader's reincarnation who never fell to the dark side and lives a happy life, enduring the call to darkness through the support of close friends and family. Sure, he'd have some rather difficult trials ahead, but with enough willpower, I don't see how he wouldn't have a way out. That, and I doubt Tom would put them in a truly hopeless situation.

Not to say he won't still end up struggling indefinitely, mind you, but "endless drama" doesn't really seem like the type of thing waiting for those two. And a bittersweet ending, due to the character relations he's built over nearly two decades, would likely mean most of the cast dying to protect each other, and I don't see that happening either.
I hope you are right.

whiskeyfur
Citizen

#10 Post by whiskeyfur »

I'm more or less of the opinion that Saria's last words to the old trace pretty much destroyed the old soul's any reason for living, or at least ripped out the foundations so now everything that Old Trace stood for is now a crumbling house. Everything he worked for, denied right in his face, by the one reason he had to keep going.

I'm somewhat expecting one last attempt by Old Trace to reassert himself.. but it'll be an empty gesture before the soul allows himself to be fully consumed by the New Trace.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#11 Post by Hulk10 »

whiskeyfur wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:52 pm I'm more or less of the opinion that Saria's last words to the old trace pretty much destroyed the old soul's any reason for living, or at least ripped out the foundations so now everything that Old Trace stood for is now a crumbling house. Everything he worked for, denied right in his face, by the one reason he had to keep going.

I'm somewhat expecting one last attempt by Old Trace to reassert himself.. but it'll be an empty gesture before the soul allows himself to be fully consumed by the New Trace.
You might be right. Evil Trace now has no reason to exist.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#12 Post by Neutral Smith »

I think that 'aging difference' is going to play a role. Trace has about 60 more years to live, Flora 20 if she is very lucky.

Trace does not want to lose his love again, and become a single father, and I fear that will lead to a relapse and meddling with (dark) magic again.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#13 Post by Bellhead »

whiskeyfur wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:52 pm snip
True, he lost his reason to fight. But do you really think he'd just let it go? At least for the moment, right now, he would be filled with an unquellable anger at the loss of that reason, and as I see it, that anger would surpass the sadness of the loss. In my mind, anyway.

I just don't see him accepting this. Not with all he did for her.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Hulk10
Templar GrandMaster

#14 Post by Hulk10 »

Bellhead wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 10:05 pm
whiskeyfur wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 8:52 pm snip
True, he lost his reason to fight. But do you really think he'd just let it go? At least for the moment, right now, he would be filled with an unquellable anger at the loss of that reason, and as I see it, that anger would surpass the sadness of the loss. In my mind, anyway.

I just don't see him accepting this. Not with all he did for her.
Good point.
Neutral Smith wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:09 pm I think that 'aging difference' is going to play a role. Trace has about 60 more years to live, Flora 20 if she is very lucky.

Trace does not want to lose his love again, and become a single father, and I fear that will lead to a relapse and meddling with (dark) magic again.
That is part of what worries me.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#15 Post by Neutral Smith »

Neutral Smith wrote: Sat Jun 11, 2022 9:09 pm I think that 'aging difference' is going to play a role. Trace has about 60 more years to live, Flora 20 if she is very lucky.

It's even worse. A little seed of this plot line has been planted years ago: https://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/334/ and especially https://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/336/
Eric: Keidran only live to be about 20 years old. By the time you’re in your late 30’s, she’ll probably be close to the end of her life.

Trace: 20 years?! Is that all? Flora said it was short, but…

Trace: 20 years is hardly anything at all!

Eric: Well, it seems short to us.

Eric: Keidran tend to think we humans live unnaturally long.

Trace: But… there must be something I can do! Some kind of spell, or potion, or—

Eric: I’m afraid not, Trace. Many wizards have wasted their entire lives trying to find a way to work around their mortality. Magic can do many things, but even it has its limits. Some Keidran can make it to late-20’s, if they’re lucky, but…

Eric: I think you should enjoy the time you have with Flora.

Eric: There’s no point in worrying about something you can’t possibly change.

Trace: Don’t tell me what I can and can’t do.

Trace: (thoughts) I have the power to do what I want. Flora won’t die if I have anything to say about it.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.