The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

Television, movies, and politics

Moderator: Moderators

GioeleST
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Willow

The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

#1 Post by GioeleST »

I do not know if creating a topic regarding a series like this goes against the rules of the forum, since it is a rather old series (32 years), but since I started to see it, on the advice of my father, I realized that it is a very hilarious series and that if they postpone on air would attract a lot of people. Despite its age it is one of the series that made me laugh the most ever (compared to most of what they give now on TV) because it uses a comedy that, in my opinion, has never changed radically over the years, plus watching it with the family it has a completely different impact. This series, however, makes us reflect on very important topics, such as racism, family and the transition from adolescent to adult, which are still very much taken up today. It would have been nice to see her on TV but most likely I wouldn't have understood a thing. For those who have already seen it when it was on the air, I suggest you give it a look again.

I don't know if talking about an old series like this that no longer airs is against the rules, so if you know tell me, thank you.
👍

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

#2 Post by Insomniac »

The episode with Will's father was some of Will's best acting ever, period. I loved this series so much as a kid in the nineties. Also series started in September 1990, so. Liiiiiiittle less than 32 years ago, but just barely. ...Show is almost as old as me, good gods I feel old.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

GioeleST
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Willow

Re: The Fresh Prince of Bel-Air

#3 Post by GioeleST »

I'm not there yet, I'm at the end of the first season, but I saw some clips and I must say that he was very good. I wish I was born in those years.
👍