Comic for May 22, 2022: Saria and Trace

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Comic for May 22, 2022: Saria and Trace

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Comic for May 22, 2022: Saria and Trace

#2 Post by Bellhead »

She's such a calm and collected character... Even though she's still sad about losing the baby, and a bit jealous, I'm sure, she doesn't lose her composure at all.

Strange how the passage of time seems to change to her, though. I wonder if she's been observing, or just at peace. Could even be a fourth wall reference, like in Freefall...

I sense character development. But at the same time, I kinda just want Maren to come back.. :maren:
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#3 Post by Eclipse »

Bellhead wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:44 am She's such a calm and collected character... Even though she's still sad about losing the baby, and a bit jealous, I'm sure, she doesn't lose her composure at all.
I mean she did for a bit when she saw Flora was pregnant. But to be fair, there's a lot of people that would in that scenario. Thankfully Trace changed the subject to avoid further awkwardness there.

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#4 Post by Elemental Templar »

Eclipse wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:32 pm
Bellhead wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 9:44 am She's such a calm and collected character... Even though she's still sad about losing the baby, and a bit jealous, I'm sure, she doesn't lose her composure at all.
I mean she did for a bit when she saw Flora was pregnant. But to be fair, there's a lot of people that would in that scenario. Thankfully Trace changed the subject to avoid further awkwardness there.
I think melancholy is better word to describe Saria here. In fact, this entire comic page has an overall melancholic feeling to it with the characters acknowledging the tragedy they've experience and it's lasting effects. I honestly will be surprised if Tom doesn't in some way reference the phrase Memento Mori in the last page of this three-parter
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

Insomniac
The Experienced Virgin
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#5 Post by Insomniac »

It is my hope. That by the end of this scene. Trace will let his former self take the wheel, to say goodbye to Saria. Be the Steven Grant to his former self's Marc Specter.
From the Sergals and Sergal Lovers channel of F-List's chat system (Beyond NSFW, by the way): Honey, you ain't the only abnormal sergal in here. We got three pink northerns, a fairy, and a dork with a talking sword.

Elio
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora,remi

#6 Post by Elio »

Saria looks some what miffed and not happy with the baby

Thomas Rot
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The villager on page 224

#7 Post by Thomas Rot »

"It was inevitable for you to end up back here."

Ironic that although Trace was heading back to the estate anyway, they're only up here because Sythe decided now was a good time to horizontal tango.

Bojack727
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: King Adelaide

#8 Post by Bojack727 »

Elemental Templar wrote: Mon May 23, 2022 12:15 am
Eclipse wrote: Sun May 22, 2022 6:32 pm
I think melancholy is better word to describe Saria here. In fact, this entire comic page has an overall melancholic feeling to it with the characters acknowledging the tragedy they've experience and it's lasting effects. I honestly will be surprised if Tom doesn't in some way reference the phrase Memento Mori in the last page of this three-parter
Yeah, I agree. It's similar to when Trace looks at the painting of Saria... It's not anger or outrage, but rather an underlying sense of loss. The melancholy they feel in their respective moments is derived from the fleeting sadness they feel upon the realization of something that could have been...

For Trace, it's like "I loved this woman, she was everything to me..." And for Saria, it's "This could have been our life..." The only real possible positive that I can think to put on this is that it seems like Rose is finally free to be together with Saria.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#9 Post by AmigaDragon »

Is Marin noticing the same thing Saria is? I don't think she had previously noticed the baby bump or been in on any conversations about it. Do they have an internal conversation (like Nat and young Nat) as they co-inhabit the body?
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Eclipse
Templar Master

#10 Post by Eclipse »

Elio wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:27 am Saria looks some what miffed and not happy with the baby
Are you talking about that last panel? I don't think that's supposed to be anger, I think it's supposed to be sadness/guilt. She's upset that she lied to Trace about not being her wife. And because he ended up in this mess.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#11 Post by Bellhead »

AmigaDragon wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:11 pm Is Marin noticing the same thing Saria is? I don't think she had previously noticed the baby bump or been in on any conversations about it. Do they have an internal conversation (like Nat and young Nat) as they co-inhabit the body?
I wondered about this myself. The situation with Maren and Saria here, near as we can tell, is two souls in one body, just as with Nat and Young Nat. However, Nat and Young Nat were originally the same soul, so it's more like two compatible fragments in one body.

Saria and Maren, on the other hand, are two (probably) incompatible, complete and undamaged separate souls, stuck in one body. They may or may not be able to communicate through a mindscape like Zen and Nat, or it could just be that whichever personality is dominant at the time has control. Of course there's also the dilemma of whether or not Maren's body could handle something like this, long term.

But until we can get a response on the subject directly, be it Saria's words, Maren's words, or Maren's perspective, I will assume Maren is able to observe, but not act, just as Saria can sense her presence, but hasn't given her total control yet, if she even can intentionally. Now that I type this, it also occurs to me that Maren was unconscious when this all started, but was fully awake and alert when her soul was pulled out... I wonder if she went dormant when she returned to her own body, since her body was unconscious at the time.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#12 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I do not think Saria is more aware of what has happened after she was banished back to the world of the dead. Funny though she has been summoned twice now one by Neutral and the other by Trace little experiment. that being said it is not exactly hard to connect the dots.
Bellhead wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:56 pm
AmigaDragon wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:11 pm Is Marin noticing the same thing Saria is? I don't think she had previously noticed the baby bump or been in on any conversations about it. Do they have an internal conversation (like Nat and young Nat) as they co-inhabit the body?
I wondered about this myself. The situation with Maren and Saria here, near as we can tell, is two souls in one body, just as with Nat and Young Nat. However, Nat and Young Nat were originally the same soul, so it's more like two compatible fragments in one body.

Saria and Maren, on the other hand, are two (probably) incompatible, complete and undamaged separate souls, stuck in one body. They may or may not be able to communicate through a mindscape like Zen and Nat, or it could just be that whichever personality is dominant at the time has control. Of course there's also the dilemma of whether or not Maren's body could handle something like this, long term.

But until we can get a response on the subject directly, be it Saria's words, Maren's words, or Maren's perspective, I will assume Maren is able to observe, but not act, just as Saria can sense her presence, but hasn't given her total control yet, if she even can intentionally. Now that I type this, it also occurs to me that Maren was unconscious when this all started, but was fully awake and alert when her soul was pulled out... I wonder if she went dormant when she returned to her own body, since her body was unconscious at the time.
I think this is a temporary think she will hand her over the wheel shortly after she gives he proper farewells and takes Rose with her to the afterlife. There may be long term damage though... And of course they may be interrupted by the battle in the foyer with the dragoness and the magically pumped folf anytime.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Elio
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora,remi

#13 Post by Elio »

Eclipse wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:38 pm
Elio wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 12:27 am Saria looks some what miffed and not happy with the baby
Are you talking about that last panel? I don't think that's supposed to be anger, I think it's supposed to be sadness/guilt. She's upset that she lied to Trace about not being her wife. And because he ended up in this mess.
Look of her eyes have the half glazed eyes and the straight deadpan face. it gives me sense that she miffed that she lost her baby,but understands that trace moved on but it then look of her eyes that shows differently when she find flora is with child

Bojack727
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: King Adelaide

#14 Post by Bojack727 »

Thomas Rot wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 4:56 am "It was inevitable for you to end up back here."

Ironic that although Trace was heading back to the estate anyway, they're only up here because Sythe decided now was a good time to horizontal tango.
Given all the bad mojo associated with the Legacy Estate, I wouldn't be surprised if it had some kind of power to draw people to it. I doubt this was ever the original point, but it just seems to feed on heartbreak and tragedy. Almost as if the house itself is some kind of beacon for lost and wayward souls. I can't help but think that the setup of the whole system was based on PastTrace's views, hence why Sythe intervening the way he did was something he never anticipated- ie, that a Wolf Keidran would act selflessly- could bring the whole insane plot crashing down in a single instant. In the end, the old Trace couldn't anticipate what he couldn't foresee.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#15 Post by Eclipse »

Elio wrote: Thu May 26, 2022 4:24 am
Eclipse wrote: Tue May 24, 2022 5:38 pm
Look of her eyes have the half glazed eyes and the straight deadpan face. it gives me sense that she miffed that she lost her baby,but understands that trace moved on but it then look of her eyes that shows differently when she find flora is with child
That's not a deadpan face. I can see how you can mistake it for one because of the way Tom drew it from this angle, but I'm pretty sure her face is supposed to show a look of depression and regret for lying to Trace. It might've been more effective if Tom drew her head tilted down a bit, but other than that I'm pretty sure that's what it's supposed to be