Comic for April 23, 2022: Fulfilled

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

The Blue Fox
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Laura

Re: Comic for April 23, 2022: Fulfilled

#16 Post by The Blue Fox »

tony1695 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:46 am So, is Saria in permanent control, or is it a temporary thing? Or is she just a voice in Maren's head and feeding her lines?
Saria would have no reason to stay in control of Maren. She's just taken over to stop Detritus and give him closure.
So if she can leave, she will. But if she's stuck, she most definitely will just chill out as a disembodied voice somewhere in the back of Maren's mind, kind of like Nail in Dragonball Z Abridged after Piccolo absorbs him.
A couple of other fans and I made some jokes to that affect in one of the Discord chats, and it led into some Ghost Laura / DBA jokes as well.

Vera Accalia
Traveler

#17 Post by Vera Accalia »

I have a theory. If anything, maybe Saria might jump into Stoney.

Bojack727
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: King Adelaide

#18 Post by Bojack727 »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 4:14 am Image

Damn Tom do not make me feel sad for the eldritch DIY alexa (;_;)
I think this really speaks to how good Tom is at creating this world and filling it with nuanced and morally complex believable characters. I don't think I've ever come across a char quite like Trace. I mean, 'Past Trace' didn't start out as this evil monster, rather circumstances warped and twisted him into one, transforming his love into hate, and setting this whole tragic series of events in motion. The fact that Trace is arguably the OG villain of this series (and it cannot be understated just how much of a complete and utter [censored] that he was by the end), and yet the person he is now has become one of the greatest heroes in the present time.

Consider the fact that Past Trace kept this this failed experiment- this faulty expy of himself- around as a failsafe. It strikes me that he never spared a second thought that it was anything more than a too to be used. It refers to itself as a failed experiment, but perhaps what's so frightening about Detritus is the fact that it's so damned human. And there's some aspect of Trace within it- and perhaps this disturbed Trace, who was trying to harden his heart to the harsh reality. Past Trace never allowed himself to grieve, and so it seems like this creature was the only thing that was actively experiencing the sorrow and anguish that he refused to let himself experience.

So yeah, the fact that Detritus seems fulfilled by the end, that it's happy before it "dies" is probably the best conclusion anyone could hope for this creature.

Elio
Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Nora,remi

#19 Post by Elio »

Gets the cement repair kit for stoney... No he's not dead yet... Saria you can keep stoney company in his body lol :laura:

multilis
Citizen

#20 Post by multilis »

Elio wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:23 am Gets the cement repair kit for stoney... No he's not dead yet... Saria you can keep stoney company in his body lol :laura:
Ok to share Stoney's body but not a humans? Don't Stoney's lives matter?

PETS (People for Ethical Treatment of Stoneys)

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#21 Post by tony1695 »

Elio wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 4:23 am Gets the cement repair kit for stoney... No he's not dead yet... Saria you can keep stoney company in his body lol :laura:
You joke, but the idea did pop up in a sketch suggestion a few months ago.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Starcat5
Citizen

#22 Post by Starcat5 »

tony1695 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:05 am
You should have linked to the DA release. The Patreon release is now locked behind the paywall.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#23 Post by tony1695 »

Starcat5 wrote: Wed May 04, 2022 1:02 am
tony1695 wrote: Sat Apr 30, 2022 7:05 am
You should have linked to the DA release. The Patreon release is now locked behind the paywall.
Ah, right, some sketches are locked behind the paywall in case they're too risqué.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD