Comic for April 23, 2022: Fulfilled

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Comic for April 23, 2022: Fulfilled

#1 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Damn Tom do not make me feel sad for the eldritch DIY alexa (;_;)
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Hayate
The Hidden User

Re: Comic for April 23, 2022: Fulfilled

#2 Post by Hayate »

Well, that solves that problem… but now there is another… oh dear…
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#3 Post by Neutral Smith »

Saria was a middle-class daughter of a blacksmith. She learned from an early age to take care of herself. She prefers to work for herself, and has never relied on the help of slaves. Her father brought her to the Templar Academy to work on building armor for the Templars.
https://twokinds.keenspot.com/characters/

I wonder how much she knows about magic, and giving items (armor in this case) magical properties, and if that's going to be helpful in the future.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#4 Post by tony1695 »

So, is Saria in permanent control, or is it a temporary thing? Or is she just a voice in Maren's head and feeding her lines?
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#5 Post by Bellhead »

Tough to say. It looks to me like Saria is in control right now, but beyond that, we really don't know yet.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

8jgg5
Fav. Twokinds Character: keith

#6 Post by 8jgg5 »

One problem down a lot more to go. I have a suspicion that evil trace might try to take control now that Saria is back another option is that he will calm down or even disapear now that his goals are fulfilled.

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#7 Post by Elemental Templar »

tony1695 wrote: Sun Apr 24, 2022 8:46 am So, is Saria in permanent control, or is it a temporary thing? Or is she just a voice in Maren's head and feeding her lines?
I'm certain it's a temporary thing, as Saria's story arc has long since ended (by irl time, because in comic it's been about maybe 2.5 months). Just like back in chapter 6 part 2, her brief return here is simply to give Detritus his own closure.
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

multilis
Citizen

#8 Post by multilis »

"So, is Saria in permanent control, or is it a temporary thing? "

From what we've seen so far seems like shared control to me.

The "expected" closure ending might be Saria says goodbye and leaves, perhaps with Rose.

Or we could have Saria and Maren share body from now on, Maren might even become good friends with Saria, would fit with evidence so far.

Or we could have something even more unexpected like Rose spirit says goodbye (like spirit Saria did first time with Trace), and Soul catcher Saria with Maren's approval say nope, your coming in here too

The dark continuation would be that Saria is there too, and even though both Saria and Maren mean well, there is always a nasty price to be paid for such dark magic resulting in a new big challenge to overcome... for example Maren/Saria could become some sort of vampire like entity.

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#9 Post by Tornir »

*sudden thought*
If we're going to have some interaction with souls, it occurred to me that the "spark of life" Nora gave to Stoney might be a soul, so we may not me quite finished with him yet...

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#10 Post by Bellhead »

Tornir wrote: Mon Apr 25, 2022 8:18 am *sudden thought*
If we're going to have some interaction with souls, it occurred to me that the "spark of life" Nora gave to Stoney might be a soul, so we may not me quite finished with him yet...
Interesting theory, but also consider how they all ended up in this scituation. The whole bringing-souls-back-from-the-dead thing is what started this whole mess. Trace knows it, Rose knows it, and Flora and Sythe just heard it first hand. I find it highly unlikely they would use it again for a stone guardian, even one as capable and friendly as Stoneward.

Though, to be fair, it could be brought up later, as a point of interest in Trace's character growth, that he would refuse to use such a device that gives life to one, by taking it from another. But in truth, I still don't think the Soul Forge will ever be used again, and it probably won't even last through the chapter.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#11 Post by Tornir »

I wasn't thinking about bringing him back, but that he gets to leave with Saria (and maybe Rose?) when this is over.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#12 Post by Bellhead »

Oh, in that case, that is indeed a distinct possibility, and it would lead to quite a complete ending. Kinda hope that happens, though it would mean the sudden loss of multiple beloved characters...

Starcat5
Citizen

#13 Post by Starcat5 »

Two deaths in as many pages. Hardly a record, but Tom isn't known for (named) deaths in this story, so I'm getting tonal whiplash anyway. Especially when one remembers that Lady Nora's "nap" was structured as a "death", and I fully expect this comic will end with her waking up to meet Trace's Great Great Grandkids. :nora: (;_;) But seriously, once this chapter arc is over, someone needs to compare the kill count with the Basitin Island arc. If things keep going the way they are, I'm no longer sure which will have the greater mortality rate. And yes, Saria potentially re-passing on counts.

Rafe
Council Member

#14 Post by Rafe »

Starcat5 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:17 am ... and I fully expect this comic will end with her waking up to meet Trace's Great Great Grandkids. :nora: (;_;)

And by that time, my great-great grandkids will be here to read it.

SomeBody
Citizen

#15 Post by SomeBody »

Starcat5 wrote: Tue Apr 26, 2022 12:17 am Two deaths in as many pages. Hardly a record, but Tom isn't known for (named) deaths in this story, so I'm getting tonal whiplash anyway. Especially when one remembers that Lady Nora's "nap" was structured as a "death", and I fully expect this comic will end with her waking up to meet Trace's Great Great Grandkids. :nora: (;_;) But seriously, once this chapter arc is over, someone needs to compare the kill count with the Basitin Island arc. If things keep going the way they are, I'm no longer sure which will have the greater mortality rate. And yes, Saria potentially re-passing on counts.
We went over this back when Brutus died. Tom's killed a lot of named characters, it just doesn't feel like it because the comic has been running so long.