Comic for April 16, 2022: Purpose

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Comic for April 16, 2022: Purpose

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

I like the extra context given by the transcript.
Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

Aevere
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

Re: Comic for April 16, 2022: Purpose

#2 Post by Aevere »

BadFoMo wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:27 am I like the extra context given by the transcript.
Tom wrote: "FWOOOOOM!

THUD

Stoneward: WARK (‘Protect the Child’ Objective Complete)

Stoneward: WARRRRRRRRR (Shutting Down)

Page transcript provided by Tom"
Wow (;_;)

Panther
Merchant

#3 Post by Panther »

So sad to see Stoney using his last forces to destroy the upper crystal before to "die" , and killing Rose's real body too . Remember : https://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/1115/
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Bojack727
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: King Adelaide

#4 Post by Bojack727 »

Oh man... wow. This, this was like the end of Terminator 2 with the thumbs-up. :(

Damn, dude... pour one out for Stoney.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#5 Post by tony1695 »

And once again, another character we got attached to thanks to sketches is lost.
You'll be missed, you beautiful stone lizard.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Comic for April, 2022: Purpose

#6 Post by Bellhead »

So I guess we had it right, that Rose would die in order to stop Detritus. We were just wrong about who did it.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#7 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Not entirely sure Rose is gone just yet. Her real body is encased in a crystal after all. But we'll see .

I like how Stony is shown as more robotic. Rest know you were the best boi.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#8 Post by Tornir »

Stoney may be repairable by the manufacturer, but I'm pretty sure damage like this isn't covered under the warranty.

Kyrit
Templar

#9 Post by Kyrit »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 1:10 pm Not entirely sure Rose is gone just yet. Her real body is encased in a crystal after all. But we'll see .
While I agree that it's not a certainty that Rose's body was caught in the fire it is definitely possible. Her body is not encased on crystal. It was hanging below the crystal. From the view we have it does look like she would be caught in the blast, but given that we do not see the body it is possible that Stoney aimed so that he would not hit her. Guess we'll just have to wait a month or two to find out.

csongor242
Fav. Twokinds Character: Reni

#10 Post by csongor242 »

I see how everyone is talking about that Roses body gets destroyed, but I'm 90% certain that the fire only destroyed the black tentacle things that Detritus used to stop Rose.

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#11 Post by Elemental Templar »

As fitting as it is for Stoneward to give his last breath (quite literally) to save innocent people, I do kind of feel bad he'll never the child he was made to protect.

Makes me wonder if Trace would maybe take a piece of him to carve out a toy version, although I doubt he could re-animate it given that it took Nora to give him a spark of life.
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

Rafe
Council Member

#12 Post by Rafe »

Something that was a little hard to see, but reveals that Stoney wasn't just a programmable automaton - he could apparently feel emotions:

Take a look at the last three panels. Stoney rolls to see Flora (and child) are safe. And if you look closely, just before he shuts down, the corner of his craggy mouth turns up, and he smiles at her.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#13 Post by Bellhead »

Rafe wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:29 pm Something that was a little hard to see, but reveals that Stoney wasn't just a programmable automaton - he could apparently feel emotions:

Take a look at the last three panels. Stoney rolls to see Flora (and child) are safe. And if you look closely, just before he shuts down, the corner of his craggy mouth turns up, and he smiles at her.
Quoteth Trace, regarding Nora's powers, "spark of life". That is what Nora can do. Maybe she can create life, maybe she can't, but she can definitely give one of her creations everything they need to be alive, regardless of whether or not they actually are.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Cinnibar
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#14 Post by Cinnibar »

The point to notice: Flora, standing there.

No shield, no Trace. I suspect we're about to see Trace acting now.

Anyone hear boss music? 8)

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#15 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Sun Apr 17, 2022 12:18 am
Rafe wrote: Sat Apr 16, 2022 11:29 pm Something that was a little hard to see, but reveals that Stoney wasn't just a programmable automaton - he could apparently feel emotions:

Quoteth Trace, regarding Nora's powers, "spark of life". That is what Nora can do. Maybe she can create life, maybe she can't, but she can definitely give one of her creations everything they need to be alive, regardless of whether or not they actually are.
I still wonder if Stony was just an automaton or actually alive. He does seem to be sentient and have feelings himself yet he was portrayed as robotic in this last scene. Still I kinda like Tom has left it up to interpretation so far.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide