New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Kat

Comic for March 30, 2022: Saria

#1 Post by Aevere »

Sketch - Link

Someones gonna get a scolding

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

Re: Comic for March 30, 2022: Saria

#2 Post by CrRAR »

Aevere wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 2:52 pmSomeones gonna get a scolding
*unholiest of squirrel shreiks*
Saria: "There you go, just like always, angering nature again!"

*sad Detritus noises*
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#3 Post by Bellhead »

And once again, Tom's skill with facial expressions continues to amaze. Saria/Maren's face shows quite an amount of both anger, and sadness.

Also, Eldrich abomination Detritus is the stuff of nightmares.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

8jgg5
Fav. Twokinds Character: keith

#4 Post by 8jgg5 »

+1 character with two personalities
Also I'm wondering will it go similar to trace and grand templar trace but less agresive and more cooperative or will tom play it a diffrent way?

Panther
Merchant

#5 Post by Panther »

Maren has blue eyes , and it's red-orange here ..... The transfert has worked or the two souls are together in the body ? This should explain the "help" in this strip : https://twokinds.keenspot.com/comic/116 ... aIt-KBaY_c
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Rafe
Council Member

#6 Post by Rafe »

It looks like something very bad has happened to Rose... the real Rose.
It looks like she's gone from her place underneath the upper crystal where she was suspended, and the crystal that was just above her is now splattered with blood.

Image Image

Kyrit
Templar

#7 Post by Kyrit »

Rafe wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:49 pm It looks like something very bad has happened to Rose... the real Rose.
It looks like she's gone from her place underneath the upper crystal where she was suspended, and the crystal that was just above her is now splattered with blood.
We probably just don't see Rose because comparatively she was hanging much lower than we see in the current page. There's very little change from when Rose pointed out that he was suppressing her. The dripping is just bits of Detritus. If anything, it looks like he's got a bit weaker grasp now

Panther
Merchant

#8 Post by Panther »

Rafe wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 10:49 pm It looks like something very bad has happened to Rose... the real Rose.

Image Image
Dark Trace is aiming Sythe : the upper crystal isn't in the way , from the angle of attack in the eighth panel (the "eep" one)
Man is a wolf for man ........ Don't insult the wolves :natani:

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#9 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Man Detritus does seem straight out of Resident Evil/ Silent hill/ Dark souls. I mentioned a few times but i will repeat myself. I am glad Tom did not made this a horror comic, he could definitely pull out some disturbing imagery.

I can see the spell sort of worked, i say sort because so far we have been told that was impossible and we are not sure of what kind of side effects may be. I do hope Saria only appears as a cameo and we do not have another character with split soul, that would make 3 of them. And as i have said, her story is finished so i would prefer she remains dead in the foreseeable future. Besides i can imagine she agreeing to this, something Trace probably forgot to consider, without some sort of plan. Maybe a way to finally tell Trace to stop with this madness and to go on a fix the mess he has made.

Also showing Rose crystal is a weird choiice, maybe panel filler? Does not seem it has anything to do with current page.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster

#10 Post by CrRAR »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 2:29 amAlso showing Rose crystal is a weird choice, maybe panel filler? Does not seem it has anything to do with current page.
It's totally an action-break type shot, sort of as "you know what happened... but not really" moment of peace. Like in films when something violent happens, sometimes you get abrupt scene changes to, like, a random frolicking bird or something, sort of as an artistic segue. Except Sythe... is really actually okay! \o/
I suspect maybe we'll get some explanation or attention soon to the dripping happening? It may just indicate that Detritus' involvement... by sheer exertion?... has become greater than originally Trace had anticipated in the plan, which could be upsetting the balance of the estate's forces and maybe introducing some sort of stress or corruption to the system possibly threatening the stability of the woven magic. I doubt Trace would have foresaw the amount of resistance the occupants of the greenhouse are presenting.

Like engineering, all systems have a designed tolerance. Certain expected parameters may be being violated from foreseen expectations.

It could also very well just be too the visual representation of where Rose says Detritus has control over "the shackles of my old body".

Mostly I'm just taking from it that it could spell more uncertainty for Rose's outcome, seeing as her existence is prooobably pretty dependent of the integrity of the whole thing. :oops:

The ol girl may have more tricks up her sleeve yet! :mrgrin:
Fight the power!

Thomas Rot
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The villager on page 224

#11 Post by Thomas Rot »

All kinds of fun stuff going on here. Predictably the crystal is no longer glowing like it was two pages ago since the transfer is done. I think this is also the first time we've seen Detritus from the human side of his profile — very nice framing for the Trace-looking half to show up the moment he realises Saria is here, but also mildly funny because we've never seen his mouth before and the other half of his face looks to be missing its jawbone so how on earth does he have a functioning mouth, let alone teeth?

Interestingly I didn't realise Rose's body isn't actually hanging or anything, just suspended. Not sure how I never put two and two together on that.

Speaking of uncertainty of character outcomes, when last seen Nibbly was on Sythe's right shoulder, where she no longer is. Cooking something up perhaps?

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#12 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Holy heck. It seems I was right about the whole "two souls, one body" theory, as were a few others. What will happen next?
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Bojack727
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: King Adelaide

#13 Post by Bojack727 »

My take on this whole conflict is that the lingering consciousness that is Saria is taking this moment to make her move to set things right (before moving on). I also can't help but think that she can see that Detritus is arguably another "victim" in DarkTrace's schemes (given how it's suffered emotionally), and she wants to set him free- ending the whole mess!

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#14 Post by Elemental Templar »

Bojack727 wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 12:54 am My take on this whole conflict is that the lingering consciousness that is Saria is taking this moment to make her move to set things right (before moving on). I also can't help but think that she can see that Detritus is arguably another "victim" in DarkTrace's schemes (given how it's suffered emotionally), and she wants to set him free- ending the whole mess!
My thoughts exactly.

After-all, Detritus is a remnant of Trace's old self before his mind was wiped (i.e. the man that Saria married) so it makes sense she should know how to get through to him. Just like how Flora is the beacon of hope that keeps the present Trace sane.

Also in regard to Saria now being in Maren's body right now, I was always under the interpretation that it's the former just using the latter to speak. like how Zen did with Natani
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster

#15 Post by CrRAR »

Elemental Templar wrote: Sat Apr 02, 2022 2:16 pm...so it makes sense she should know how to get through to him.
*Yzma voice* “A Eldritch abomination!? You’r-... no... WE’RE supposed to be dead!

CurrentTrace listening on: :|
Fight the power!