Comic for March 12, 2022: Break Out

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

rwstyles
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: mrs nibbley

Re: Comic for March 12, 2022: Break Out

#16 Post by rwstyles »

I hadn't noticed that she was inside the crystal, thought it was a solid power / control crystal. Guess my hope that this would destroy Detritus is dashed.

This also means that if anyone finds out about this, the knowledge that it is in fact possible to restore someone from the dead will be known. We assume. This is not information that should become known by anyone.

Although it could be useful if you somehow innocently ended up with an empty body, normally the method just attempted would be resorted to.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#17 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Wonder what will the long term effect of having your soul removed for a hot minute?

Personally i am not fond of the Soul merge/replacement with Saria. I feel Saria story is finished now, sure she can cameo and help Maren out of this and probably Chastize Detritus and Trace for becoming monster, but becoming a long term "party member" along the rest? Not really.

Also seems the crystal was filled with liquid, i thought she was suspended in magic which i think is a nice detail.

Also is it just me or Sythe looks.... off?
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

DragnMastralex
Apprentice

#18 Post by DragnMastralex »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:02 pm Wonder what will the long term effect of having your soul removed for a hot minute?

Personally i am not fond of the Soul merge/replacement with Saria. I feel Saria story is finished now, sure she can cameo and help Maren out of this and probably Chastize Detritus and Trace for becoming monster, but becoming a long term "party member" along the rest? Not really.

Also seems the crystal was filled with liquid, i thought she was suspended in magic which i think is a nice detail.

she's going to be the human version of Natani but all female. sharing her body with another soul one that actually knows and loves Trace and it will lead to very awkward moments when memories of the two of them keep interfering with her upcoming relationship with Scythe. Also would make Trace confused with memories of his own flooding back. it can defiantly spice up the story.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#19 Post by Eclipse »

DragnMastralex wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 10:05 pm
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 9:02 pm Wonder what will the long term effect of having your soul removed for a hot minute?

she's going to be the human version of Natani but all female. sharing her body with another soul one that actually knows and loves Trace and it will lead to very awkward moments when memories of the two of them keep interfering with her upcoming relationship with Scythe. Also would make Trace confused with memories of his own flooding back. it can defiantly spice up the story.
I wouldn't like it if Maren just became Human Natani. Part of what makes Twokinds' characters so appealing to me is that they have unique relationships and gimmicks, having one character copy another character's thing would make them and the gimmick stale and boring. I'd rather Maren get some other gimmick as a result of this mess.

Dogglar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith & Natani

#20 Post by Dogglar »

RIP Sythe

whiskeyfur
Citizen

#21 Post by whiskeyfur »

What I'm hoping happens is Saria herself pops in, ghostly like, and tells Detritus to just drop it. She ain't coming back, so the both of them would be better off just moving on to whatever afterlife waits for them.

Now if Detritus will take that well.. that I don't know. Not likely.

Case23
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#22 Post by Case23 »

Rose could "defeat" Detrius. Since he drains life energy from Rose, she could stop him by committing suicide.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#23 Post by tony1695 »

So, white streak in Maren's hair, classic case of Locked Into Strangeness. The question is what that's gonna represent down the line.
Is she just gonna have that as a physical reminder of the ordeal?
Is she gonna share the body with (a fragment of) Saria, or have access to some of her memories?
Is she gonna have access to strange powers, maybe even the ability to astral project because her body's hold on her soul has been weakened?

And what of poor Sythe? Already injured, completely uncovered, and Detritus is definitely gonna be gunning straight for him. Best hope is that this distraction will give Rose the leverage she needs to retake control.
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

aitaituo
Templar GrandMaster

#24 Post by aitaituo »

tony1695 wrote: Tue Mar 15, 2022 10:13 am So, white streak in Maren's hair, classic case of Locked Into Strangeness. The question is what that's gonna represent down the line.
Is she just gonna have that as a physical reminder of the ordeal?
Is she gonna share the body with (a fragment of) Saria, or have access to some of her memories?
Is she gonna have access to strange powers, maybe even the ability to astral project because her body's hold on her soul has been weakened?

And what of poor Sythe? Already injured, completely uncovered, and Detritus is definitely gonna be gunning straight for him. Best hope is that this distraction will give Rose the leverage she needs to retake control.
My money is that her soul has already been removed from her body. :(

Dreamfox
Citizen

#25 Post by Dreamfox »

Last we've seen is Maren outside her body being held back from dying by (probably) Saria.
Trace had been on the defensive because he has to protect Flora, but right now Detritus is the distracted one and the only thing holding Detritus here is his connection to Rose. So if Trace can sever the connection while Detritus is distracted, problem solved.
With him gone Saria can exchange her place with Maren again.

Let's see how it plays out.

Rakaydos

#26 Post by Rakaydos »

I suspect next page will involve Nibbs revealing herself... and heroically sacrificing as part of the process. Detritus is no joke, and Nibs is no full-grown dragon, but she can buy time.

Cinnibar
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#27 Post by Cinnibar »

Yeah, Trace just has all sorts of bad luck with those wolf-types. :sythe:

Stick to the kitties, Trace. Stick to the kitties. :flora:

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#28 Post by Tornir »

I just saw this, and thought of Nibs vs Detritus.