The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Jonesy
Templar Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Comic for March 12, 2022: Break Out

#1 Post by Jonesy »

Sketch: http://twokindscomic.com/images/20220312_sketch.png

Sythe to the rescue! Now, why is it I get the impression this moment of heroism is going to lead somewhere... :sythe: :heart: :maren:

trantor
Apprentice

Re: Comic for March 12, 2022: Break Out

#2 Post by trantor »

But would it be Maren?
It was a human hand that hold Marens ghost back. So I think Maren would have a bit of Saria inside in the End.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#3 Post by Bellhead »

That's definitely possible, given that strand of grey hair, but it seems more likely to me that Saria pulled an Uno Reverse and yanked Maren back into her own body. That is, if our theories on the previous page were accurate. We were right about Sythe, but that was kind of a given...

Aaaand now Detritus is fuming again. What's left of its sense of reason will most certainly be destroyed by this. And with Trace and Flora locked in that barrier, and nobody else knowing about any of this, Sythe is left almost completely vulnerable. He's carrying Maren, and he's still injured from his fight with Remus. Or was it Romulus..? Either way, he's injured, carrying an unconscious person, in a room with a magic-wielding vengeful monster. This doesn't look good...

I like Sythe's character. And Maren could really use him to help her heal from whatever happened to her to make her so cold. I hope he makes it out of this...
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Elemental Templar
Merchant

#4 Post by Elemental Templar »

Bellhead wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:46 am That's definitely possible, given that strand of grey hair, but it seems more likely to me that Saria pulled an Uno Reverse and yanked Maren back into her own body. That is, if our theories on the previous page were accurate. We were right about Sythe, but that was kind of a given...

Aaaand now Detritus is fuming again. What's left of its sense of reason will most certainly be destroyed by this. And with Trace and Flora locked in that barrier, and nobody else knowing about any of this, Sythe is left almost completely vulnerable. He's carrying Maren, and he's still injured from his fight with Remus. Or was it Romulus..? Either way, he's injured, carrying an unconscious person, in a room with a magic-wielding vengeful monster. This doesn't look good...

I like Sythe's character. And Maren could really use him to help her heal from whatever happened to her to make her so cold. I hope he makes it out of this...
Also in agreement about Saria being the source of intervention in Saria's fate; as to how Sythe is gonna make it out of this alive, I have two theories:

1. A certain-little-brown & fuzzy-trump-card makes her official raging debut to protect her new crush.
Or
2. A fallen Guardian proves that despite being made of stone, his heart is iron.
"There are Two kinds of people in this world:
Those who wait for change, and those who make changes themselves. Which one are you?" -Anonymous

Thomas Rot
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The villager on page 224

#5 Post by Thomas Rot »

Sythe has the rock. Detritus has beaten Stoney (and Rose, and Maren/Saria/etc., and is currently beating Trace and Flora) so that makes him the paper. Guess that leaves Nibbly as the scissors? Rather deadly game of RPS we have going on here.

Oh, and that first panel seems to imply that Maren's body regained consciousness and then passed out again once the crystal broke. Any takers on whether that affected the botched soul extraction?

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#6 Post by Tornir »

Thomas Rot wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:56 pm Oh, and that first panel seems to imply that Maren's body regained consciousness and then passed out again once the crystal broke. Any takers on whether that affected the botched soul extraction?
It's difficult to say for certain because of the tight focus, but the angle of that first panel is the same as that of the extracted soul in panel 6, although the colouring is a little brighter, but not as bright as unconscious Maren, so she may be staring across at Sythe carrying her body.

Thomas Rot
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: The villager on page 224

#7 Post by Thomas Rot »

Tornir wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 6:02 pm
Thomas Rot wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 4:56 pm Oh, and that first panel seems to imply that Maren's body regained consciousness and then passed out again once the crystal broke. Any takers on whether that affected the botched soul extraction?
It's difficult to say for certain because of the tight focus, but the angle of that first panel is the same as that of the extracted soul in panel 6, although the colouring is a little brighter, but not as bright as unconscious Maren, so she may be staring across at Sythe carrying her body.
It's about as bright as the regular body shots (compare with this page) and the first panel comes before Sythe breaks the crystal, so she's still in there and, apparently, awake for some brief period before falling unconscious again. Possibly this is the unknown hand from last page tugging her back into her body as she does the classic eyes-flying-open thing.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#8 Post by Bellhead »

This crossed my mind initially, but I wrote it off...

What if both Maren and Saria were outside of Maren's body when Sythe broke the crystal? Would it even be possible for either of them to get in without the Soul Forge?
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#9 Post by Eclipse »

Knew it was Sythe. That'd be my first reaction if I saw my crush that I just convinced to have sex with trapped in an evil soul stealing crystal. Seems like she's still got a fragment of Saria's soul trapped in her though with that white hair

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#10 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Holy heck. That white hair streak can't be a sign of anything good. Guess we'll let Maren recover in the hospital wing and go from there.

In other news, it looked like Sythe got nicked in the arm when the crystal shattered, but he's fine in the next shot. Anyone else see that?
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#11 Post by Bellhead »

IHeartMaeve wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 12:13 am In other news, it looked like Sythe got nicked in the arm when the crystal shattered, but he's fine in the next shot. Anyone else see that?
Take a closer look at Maren's body in that last panel, and at the crystal itself. I think it was filled with a liquid of some kind, probably water, and whatever chunk came off was likely just colored water drops or something.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#12 Post by Warrl »

Uh oh, Nibbly is looking at Detritus... the latter may want to duck...

rwstyles
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: mrs nibbley

#13 Post by rwstyles »

Kind of hoped this would destroy Detrius.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#14 Post by Warrl »

rwstyles wrote: Sun Mar 13, 2022 3:19 am Kind of hoped this would destroy Detrius.
Give Her Nibs a little more time...

Ainoko Ironrose
Citizen

#15 Post by Ainoko Ironrose »

Elemental Templar wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 3:55 pm
Bellhead wrote: Sat Mar 12, 2022 11:46 am That's definitely possible, given that strand of grey hair, but it seems more likely to me that Saria pulled an Uno Reverse and yanked Maren back into her own body. That is, if our theories on the previous page were accurate. We were right about Sythe, but that was kind of a given...

Also in agreement about Saria being the source of intervention in Saria's fate; as to how Sythe is gonna make it out of this alive, I have two theories:

1. A certain-little-brown & fuzzy-trump-card makes her official raging debut to protect her new crush.
Or
2. A fallen Guardian proves that despite being made of stone, his heart is iron.
First I do have to admit I was wrong about Maddie being the one breaking the crystal.

I will stand by my statement that it was Saria who pulled Maren beck into her body, but I will agree with what others that some if no all of Saria's soul has merged with Maren's during the aborted soul swap.

As for the theory about Sythe making it out alive, it will be both Mrs Nibbs and Stony combing forces.
I found my thrill...
On Blueberry Hill...

It was there...
I made my first kill...