Comic for February 27, 2022: Soul Catcher

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Comic for February 27, 2022: Soul Catcher

#1 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I love how Tom did not show the roman brothers dead but shows Detritus who would feel rigth at home as a resident evil mini boss.

Also there is one extra human hand in there...
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

Re: Comic for February 27, 2022: Soul Catcher

#2 Post by IHeartMaeve »

First of all, there are some interesting censorship tricks in play here, Tom.

Second of all, is anyone else thinking that to be Sythe attacking the crystal? If so, follow-up question: Who's that intercepting Maren?
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Hayate
The Hidden User

#3 Post by Hayate »

Is this the Sythe and Nibbly rescue!? Is the hand grabbing Maren our shapeshifting squirrel?! :sythe: :squirrel:
~Hayate~
--Moderator/Global Moderator
--

--Forum Rules--
--Moderators --
--Administrators
--

deathbyflossing
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#4 Post by deathbyflossing »

I think Saria might have caught Maren’s soul when they passed during the transfer. In other words, Maren gets pulled out, Saria gets stuck in, but Saria catches Maren in the process. That might also be how Sythe (Assuming that is Sythe) found the place - Saria directed him there.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#5 Post by Warrl »

IHeartMaeve wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:24 am Second of all, is anyone else thinking that to be Sythe attacking the crystal?
Possible, but I'm thinking Stoney dragged himself the rest of the way over there.
If so, follow-up question: Who's that intercepting Maren?
Well, Maren's soul is supposedly out of her body. Which would, I suspect, make it hard for anyone IN their body to do the job.

On the other hand, Detritus' plan is to put Saria's soul in Maren's body. Which would be kind of difficult if they don't have Saria's soul conveniently nearby. And I can just imagine what Saria would think of Detritus' plan.

Cosmacelf
Apprentice

#6 Post by Cosmacelf »

Mrs. Nibbly to the rescue I think in the last panel.

Kyrit
Templar

#7 Post by Kyrit »

Fur tone isn't right for it to be Sythe attacking the crystal. Between color and shape it's obviously Nibs. Grabbed a chunk of Stoney now that he's broken and used it.

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#8 Post by Tornir »

From what she said, Detritus is using Rose as a regenerative power source. Is that why it now has a partial face?
Is Trace going to have to disconnect her from the life support system to stop that, killing her in the process?
If he finds out, will Euchre have a problem with that?

Looking forward, that would also mean no magic lessons for Raine.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#9 Post by Bellhead »

Hayate wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:33 am Is this the Sythe and Nibbly rescue!? Is the hand grabbing Maren our shapeshifting squirrel?! :sythe: :squirrel:
Kyrit wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:17 am Fur tone isn't right for it to be Sythe attacking the crystal. Between color and shape it's obviously Nibs. Grabbed a chunk of Stoney now that he's broken and used it.
Definitely Sythe attacking that crystal, it's too tan and not brown enough to be Nibbly.
deathbyflossing wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:56 am I think Saria might have caught Maren’s soul when they passed during the transfer. In other words, Maren gets pulled out, Saria gets stuck in, but Saria catches Maren in the process. That might also be how Sythe (Assuming that is Sythe) found the place - Saria directed him there.
Well, Nibbly led him there, so that's kinda out of the question, but having Saria's soul grab Maren's seems highly likely. My first thought was Red, but your theory makes more sense.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Kyrit
Templar

#10 Post by Kyrit »

Bellhead wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 11:05 am
Hayate wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:33 am Is this the Sythe and Nibbly rescue!? Is the hand grabbing Maren our shapeshifting squirrel?! :sythe: :squirrel:
Kyrit wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 3:17 am Fur tone isn't right for it to be Sythe attacking the crystal. Between color and shape it's obviously Nibs. Grabbed a chunk of Stoney now that he's broken and used it.
Definitely Sythe attacking that crystal, it's too tan and not brown enough to be Nibbly.
deathbyflossing wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:56 am I think Saria might have caught Maren’s soul when they passed during the transfer. In other words, Maren gets pulled out, Saria gets stuck in, but Saria catches Maren in the process. That might also be how Sythe (Assuming that is Sythe) found the place - Saria directed him there.
Well, Nibbly led him there, so that's kinda out of the question, but having Saria's soul grab Maren's seems highly likely. My first thought was Red, but your theory makes more sense.
Looking again with my phone's brightness actually turned up, yeah, that is actually Sythe's fur tone. I do think his hands look a bit off, more stubby, but coloration (and size compared to a chunk of Stoney large enough to make a crack in the crystal) is correct at least.

Technically deathbyflossing's theory isn't out of question. I've contemplated a few times that Saria could be using Nibs as a host. I don't think it's a super high possibility, as I think it's more likely that Saria just didn't want Maren's body and as such is trying to give it back to her, but yeah. Not an impossibility.

So uh, any bets on if Sythe lives beyond this chapter?

Warrl
Grand Templar

#11 Post by Warrl »

If it's Nibs, either she has an eye for crystal structure that would make the world's best jeweler feel like a rookie apprentice, or she's a dire squirrel.

Dreamfox
Citizen

#12 Post by Dreamfox »

Kyrit wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 1:53 pm So uh, any bets on if Sythe lives beyond this chapter?
Hard to say. There is just too much going on.
Is the Crystal between him and Detritus?
Can Trace use the distraction of the *cracks* to attack Detritus.
What can Mrs Nibbly do?
And so on.

If he does, Maren owes him a 'thank you', though I'd say a kiss should be part of that thank you in my opinion. Even though Saria helped her as well.

Though I can't wait for Detritus' reaction when he see's Saria holding Maren there. Because just like evil Trace, he never considered that Saria might not want to come back.
A scene were Saria says goodbye to Rose however...

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#13 Post by Bellhead »

Dreamfox wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:18 pm If he does, Maren owes him a 'thank you', though I'd say a kiss should be part of that thank you in my opinion. Even though Saria helped her as well.
Knowing Maren, and the way she acts among other people, such an act of PDA would be so far outside her comfort zone that she may actually end up slugging him like some tsundere anime trope.

Honestly, if she does end up thanking him, it would probably be with a light, almost impercetable blush, while looking away, and Sythe would just smile warmly and be content with that. Of course, I could also see her just going OFF on Trace for this whole plan, assuming all non-magically-projected people survive.

And as for survival, I think Rose and Detritus may end up being casualties, after a short but very heartwrenching goodbye from Saria.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#14 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 10:33 pm
Dreamfox wrote: Sun Feb 27, 2022 7:18 pm If he does, Maren owes him a 'thank you', though I'd say a kiss should be part of that thank you in my opinion. Even though Saria helped her as well.
Knowing Maren, and the way she acts among other people, such an act of PDA would be so far outside her comfort zone that she may actually end up slugging him like some tsundere anime trope.

Honestly, if she does end up thanking him, it would probably be with a light, almost impercetable blush, while looking away, and Sythe would just smile warmly and be content with that. Of course, I could also see her just going OFF on Trace for this whole plan, assuming all non-magically-projected people survive.

And as for survival, I think Rose and Detritus may end up being casualties, after a short but very heartwrenching goodbye from Saria.
Maren just needs a wolf in shinning armor someone to melt her heart a bit. She is nice under all that permafrost.

Yeah i do not expect Rose, Detritus or Clovis for that matter to survive the chapter. Rose deserves some eternal rest in my opinion
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

DragnMastralex
Apprentice

#15 Post by DragnMastralex »

When Rose says "My old body" is she referring to her age as in old/young or does she mean she has a new body made of magic and her old one was discarded?