Comic for January 21, 2022: Unstoppable Process

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Comic for January 21, 2022: Unstoppable Process

#1 Post by Technic[Bot] »

There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

imalbert
Master

Re: Comic for January 21, 2022: Unstoppable Process

#2 Post by imalbert »

Even the stone creature is showing concern.

Neutral Smith
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Saria's father

#3 Post by Neutral Smith »

I really hope this will get a bit more interesting than the boring 'everyone survives'

Maybe a mind-meld?

Although a discussion about whether to keep the vegetable (if things go wrong) alive or not would be more interesting.
If it moves but shouldn't: Duct tape. If it doesn't move but should: WD-40. With a hammer everything fits, and if it still doesn't fit: bigger hammer. If it can't be fixed with a hammer it's an electrical problem.

Rafe
Council Member

#4 Post by Rafe »

My call was always Euchre coming to help (and redeem himself in some way). I guess we'll see.

Twilight
Traveler

#5 Post by Twilight »

Heh, wouldn't it be amusing if so-and-so happens, and Saria ends up in Clovis' body.

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#6 Post by stlsf4003 »

Twilight wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:44 pm Heh, wouldn't it be amusing if so-and-so happens, and Saria ends up in Clovis' body.
Pretty sure the explosion that sent a Dragon crashing through the dungeon roof took care of whatever body Clovis had.
the lurking furry railroader

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#7 Post by Tornir »

stlsf4003 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:22 pm Pretty sure the explosion that sent a Dragon crashing through the dungeon roof took care of whatever body Clovis had.
If the explosion was centred on (and initiated by) him, then he could be fine down there, and mind-talking to Reni.

Ainoko Ironrose
Citizen

#8 Post by Ainoko Ironrose »

I wouldn't be surprised if Trace goes to the dark side to save Maren
I found my thrill...
On Blueberry Hill...

It was there...
I made my first kill...

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#9 Post by Tornir »

Ainoko Ironrose wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:32 pm I wouldn't be surprised if Trace goes to the dark side to save Maren
If you mean use dark magic, then that might kill him, or send him back into insanity.
And that might make him then kill Maren (and maybe Rose and Flora too) to ensure Saria returns.

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#10 Post by stlsf4003 »

Tornir wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:44 am
stlsf4003 wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 9:22 pm Pretty sure the explosion that sent a Dragon crashing through the dungeon roof took care of whatever body Clovis had.
If the explosion was centered on (and initiated by) him, then he could be fine down there, and mind-talking to Reni.
I don't know, that was one hell of a blast, and I wouldn't put it past Brahn to have rigged that amulet to blow sky high had Clovis used it at its full power. The fact that Clovis is now living rent-free in Reni's head was just a bonus.
the lurking furry railroader

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#11 Post by Technic[Bot] »

stlsf4003 wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:36 pm
Tornir wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 8:44 am
If the explosion was centered on (and initiated by) him, then he could be fine down there, and mind-talking to Reni.
I don't know, that was one hell of a blast, and I wouldn't put it past Brahn to have rigged that amulet to blow sky high had Clovis used it at its full power. The fact that Clovis is now living rent-free in Reni's head was just a bonus.
I am not particularly fond of the idea of Clovis destroying his body. But i would imagine that if All-Brahn did set the amultes to blow him up loading his soul/mind controlling reni was a incredibly smart move. Also I think that was his plan all along body or not.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Ainoko Ironrose
Citizen

#12 Post by Ainoko Ironrose »

Tornir wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:54 pm
Ainoko Ironrose wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:32 pm I wouldn't be surprised if Trace goes to the dark side to save Maren
If you mean use dark magic, then that might kill him, or send him back into insanity.
And that might make him then kill Maren (and maybe Rose and Flora too) to ensure Saria returns.
If he does use dark magic again, he may have the presence of mind not to lose control and hopefully the strength not to lose himself.
I found my thrill...
On Blueberry Hill...

It was there...
I made my first kill...

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#13 Post by Bellhead »

Ainoko Ironrose wrote: Mon Jan 24, 2022 5:37 pm
Tornir wrote: Sun Jan 23, 2022 5:54 pm
If he does use dark magic again, he may have the presence of mind not to lose control and hopefully the strength not to lose himself.
Also keep in mind, that every time he's lost control so far, his only goal has been protecting Flora. I've mentioned it before, but I believe pretty strongly that Flora is a big enough part of his life now, that he wouldn't hurt her, even if his memory returned. But if they didn't, and he does lose control, Flora's safety isn't really a concern. Anyone else within firing distance, sure, but definitely not her.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#14 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Neutral Smith wrote: Sat Jan 22, 2022 7:54 am I really hope this will get a bit more interesting than the boring 'everyone survives'

Maybe a mind-meld?

Although a discussion about whether to keep the vegetable (if things go wrong) alive or not would be more interesting.
Y'know, if I were to guess what happens next, I foresee something kinda similar happening, kinda like this: They figure out how to abort the process but fail to do so in time, and Maren basically ends up with something akin to a split personality, with both her own mind and Saria's occupying the same body, which may last for a while until Nora returns and fixes this predicament properly.

That or Trace just ends up manually tearing Maren from the "danger zone" at the last second.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#15 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I like the idea of Trace having to use necromancy to stop the process. Then dark Trace can come out and play :twisted:

I can see it like this: we shuffle back to Reni and Co and how they deal with Clovis or whatever is left of him, they are quickly overpowered by the magically infused hybrid, before they are defeated we cut back to trace who uses necromancy to stop the process. As such he revert to his old self, he deal with clovis, summarily and then it is everyone vs dark Trace.

I would love to see him fighthing Raine only to be bested by the power of friendship and love or something!

Also I forgot to make this joke earlier:

Code: Select all

rose@legacy-state: systemctl stop soul-forge
Failed to stop soul-forge.service: Access is denied

rose@legacy-state: sudo systemctl stop soul-forge
User Rose is not in sudoers file this incident will be reported

trace@legacy-state: sudo systemctl stop soul-forge
[sudo] password for Trace:

Password incorrect
I will se myself out....
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide