The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Arcus_Acer
Fav. Twokinds Character: Mrs. Nibbly

Comic for December 10th, 2021

#1 Post by Arcus_Acer »

Comic for December 10, 2021: Letting Go

Anthea

Comic for December 10, 2021: Typo or not?

#2 Post by Anthea »

Is that a typo? "Don't speak for him"? Wouldn't it be rather "Don't speak for her", refering to Saria? Or does Rose object to Flora speaking at all when challenging Trace? I'm not sure, if it is a typo or I intuitively got into the wrong reference.

Merged duplicate topics. I realize that these topics were made within minutes of eachother, but always check for a comic thread before posting a new one. If there isn’t one up already and you aren’t sure of the format for making it, please wait a few minutes because someone else is sure to post it.
~Hayate

Rafe
Council Member

Re: Comic for December 10th, 2021

#3 Post by Rafe »

Wow, Rose has regenerated to the point that even her pony-tail has re-braided itself.

I just wonder if this means she's getting "better" - back to what she was earlier, or if she might be preparing herself for death?

Strange how the clearer she sees things, things as they truly are, the younger she gets. It's as if Rose, when she tries to be malicious and threatening, become old and haggard, but when she shows her true self, we see her true inner beauty.

Dreamfox
Citizen

Re: Comic for December 10, 2021: Typo or not?

#4 Post by Dreamfox »

Anthea wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 12:50 pm Is that a typo? "Don't speak for him"? Wouldn't it be rather "Don't speak for her", refering to Saria? Or does Rose object to Flora speaking at all when challenging Trace? I'm not sure, if it is a typo or I intuitively got into the wrong reference.
Rose needed to hear Trace's answer, not Flora's opinion, no matter how right she is. That's why Rose demanded "Don't speak for him".
Her next question is about what Flora said about what Saria might have wanted.
It can be a little jarring as Rose essentially seems want for Flora to shut up, but keeps talking to her.

I think her appearance is linked to her mood. Remember, this isn't her body, but more like a potentially solid hologram. And this might be just my impression, but I think she was ready to kill Trace if she got any indication that he would go down the way his old self did. But she is not a killer, so just to be ready to do it she needed her 'stern old Lady' personality. Now that it looks like she does not have to kill him, she is relieved. Not only that, hearing that Saria's spirit has already told Trace to move on, could bring out the more youthful and innocent Rose. The one that for a long time wanted to mourn her friend (and owner), but couldn't because of old trace.
Just some speculations :)

Edited because I merged a duplicate topic and thus created a double post.
~Hayate

Zaigan
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#5 Post by Zaigan »

Been away for a bit trying to be a pokemon master, but just got done catching up in time to see this.

Nice, a call back to meeting Saria's ghost from so long ago. That certainly does help solidify what Saria would have wanted, whatever echo of her that was (ghost ex-lovers seem to be pretty understanding about setting aside their desires for what's best for their still living beloveds. I'll never forget your sacrifice, Ghost-Laura.)

I think was surprised me most of all is how Rose likely wasn't such an unwitting participant in this. She loved Saria so deeply, too, all the heinous things they were doing, she could excuse if it only meant she got to see her one more time...

:< Sorry you couldn't be there for that, Rose, but hopefully Saria is waiting there on the other side if your spirit is ever freed from the manor and you two can go be ghost girlfriends together since Trace moved on, and you and Saria always had that chemistry. Everyone wins!

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#6 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Zaigan wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 4:41 pm Been away for a bit trying to be a pokemon master, but just got done catching up in time to see this.

Nice, a call back to meeting Saria's ghost from so long ago. That certainly does help solidify what Saria would have wanted, whatever echo of her that was (ghost ex-lovers seem to be pretty understanding about setting aside their desires for what's best for their still living beloveds. I'll never forget your sacrifice, Ghost-Laura.)

I think was surprised me most of all is how Rose likely wasn't such an unwitting participant in this. She loved Saria so deeply, too, all the heinous things they were doing, she could excuse if it only meant she got to see her one more time...

:< Sorry you couldn't be there for that, Rose, but hopefully Saria is waiting there on the other side if your spirit is ever freed from the manor and you two can go be ghost girlfriends together since Trace moved on, and you and Saria always had that chemistry. Everyone wins!
First off, I apologize for the off-topic rant here, but... Let me guess: Sinnoh Remakes? I beat those at least a week ago, but they were fun. Glad to see someone else balancing time for Twokinds and Pokémon at once.

Second, I think it's kinda neat how a handful of people predicted Trace more or less blurting out the fact that he had (kinda) met Saria after the mindwipe as a way to calm Rose down. If only my predictive abilities were as accurate...

Anyway, I wonder how the comic will proceed from here. Trace trying a memory-share spell so Rose can see Saria in life one last time before moving past the veil, maybe? Or perhaps just Rose instructing him on how to abort the ritual and then to disengage the spirit-bind that's locked her in the mortal world? Man, I can't wait for the next page...
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Comic for December 10th, 2021: Letting Go

#7 Post by Bellhead »

So it was the real Rose, she just wasn't her normal self. And that, I think, is a pretty good way for this to play out.

I remember we speculated quite a bit on the last few pages about Trace's evil side coming out to play, but I for one am glad he didn't. Things would get messy. But I'm also glad that Flora, knowing who -and what- Trace used to be, tried to step in to be there for him. Rose really didn't have a choice, or another course of action, with Flora involved; she had no choice but to test Trace. Even if it wasn't who she really was, she had to know for sure. Well played. Very well played.

And I'm not sure if Rose here was intentionally appearing staticy at the beginning, but if she was, it was a nice touch. She was a pretty clear demonstration of what he did, and threw it in his face. I don't think I could have done better.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

tony1695
Weaver of Tales

#8 Post by tony1695 »

While this is good and all, Maren is still there. We don't know just what is being done to her to make her a suitable vessel for Saria's 'soul', so they might have to cut this heartwarming stuff real short before any serious damage can be done. Couple that with Sythe making his way into the room, and he might get the wrong idea by being late to the party...
Gentlementlemen
How do you get to the Rakdos Guild Hall?
You take the psycho path.
Weed la Weed Warning: WEIRD

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Re: Comic for December 10th, 2021: Letting Go

#9 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:15 pm So it was the real Rose, she just wasn't her normal self. And that, I think, is a pretty good way for this to play out.

I remember we speculated quite a bit on the last few pages about Trace's evil side coming out to play, but I for one am glad he didn't. Things would get messy. But I'm also glad that Flora, knowing who -and what- Trace used to be, tried to step in to be there for him. Rose really didn't have a choice, or another course of action, with Flora involved; she had no choice but to test Trace. Even if it wasn't who she really was, she had to know for sure. Well played. Very well played.

And I'm not sure if Rose here was intentionally appearing staticy at the beginning, but if she was, it was a nice touch. She was a pretty clear demonstration of what he did, and threw it in his face. I don't think I could have done better.
Speak for yourself i had high hopes for Evil Trace to come and play and have 2 parallel battles. Clovis vs team b and half team a and Dark Trace vs everyone else.

Well you can't get everything you want in life. Besides i like this one very much, really like how Tom does emotions, it "gets" to you. It is not simply: Rose sad, be sad please. You can see the anguish on her face and kinda o feel it yourself. Or maybe i am simply weird...

Besides now we can focus on the fox/wolf think playing inside the dragons head and maybe advance the plot a bit faster
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Sky Shatter
Citizen

#10 Post by Sky Shatter »

IHeartMaeve wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:07 pmSecond, I think it's kinda neat how a handful of people predicted Trace more or less blurting out the fact that he had (kinda) met Saria after the mindwipe as a way to calm Rose down. If only my predictive abilities were as accurate...
There a Discord server or something I don't know about?

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#11 Post by Bellhead »

Sky Shatter wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:03 am
IHeartMaeve wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:07 pm Second, I think it's kinda neat how a handful of people predicted Trace more or less blurting out the fact that he had (kinda) met Saria after the mindwipe as a way to calm Rose down. If only my predictive abilities were as accurate...
There is a Twokinds Discord, but I've heard it's very disorganized. I'm not in it, but I did hear that rumor... so it was definitely mentioned here at some point, probably a little while ago.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

#12 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Sky Shatter wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 8:03 am
IHeartMaeve wrote: Sat Dec 11, 2021 6:07 pmSecond, I think it's kinda neat how a handful of people predicted Trace more or less blurting out the fact that he had (kinda) met Saria after the mindwipe as a way to calm Rose down. If only my predictive abilities were as accurate...
I think I saw that on the discussion for the previous page on this here forum.
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Sky Shatter
Citizen

#13 Post by Sky Shatter »

IHeartMaeve wrote: Sun Dec 12, 2021 10:02 pm I think I saw that on the discussion for the previous page on this here forum.
Myself and one other; that didn't feel like a "handful", so I wondered if there was another discussion source.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#14 Post by Bellhead »

Oh, probably, but 'round here, "two" is a handful. We don't really have the massive amount of traffic we once did.. :|

Back on topic, Does Flora look right to you guys? Might just be my monitor, but she looks a little less orange to me.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#15 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Mon Dec 13, 2021 1:10 am Oh, probably, but 'round here, "two" is a handful. We don't really have the massive amount of traffic we once did.. :|

Back on topic, Does Flora look right to you guys? Might just be my monitor, but she looks a little less orange to me.
Nah, if anything the room they are on has some weird lighting which may affect her color.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide