Comic for November 20, 2021: Meeting of Monarchs

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

BadFoMo
Grand Templar

Comic for November 20, 2021: Meeting of Monarchs

#1 Post by BadFoMo »

Why yes, in addition to the usual ships, I support Zen X Kathrin and Alaric X Laura.

TwoKinds Printable Game Toys!
Now crowd sourcing ideas!

IHeartMaeve
Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve, obviously.

Re: Comic for November 20, 2021: Meeting of Monarchs

#2 Post by IHeartMaeve »

Well now. It seems that the Reni-Clovis body swap theory was off... But if you want my guess as to what Clovis wants, I'd go with "realign my gender to match what I was born as."
Maeve is so cute, they're thinking of renaming the Pokémon Ability known as Cute Charm, so it becomes "Maeve Charm."

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#3 Post by Technic[Bot] »

The plot thickens.

Not entirely sure were are we going with it but it is definitely something.

Maybe he will try to use Reni power to figth Nora?
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#4 Post by stlsf4003 »

SO...If Clovis is in her mind, what happened to his body? Reduced to atoms in the blast or laying dead in the dungeon?
the lurking furry railroader

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#5 Post by Technic[Bot] »

stlsf4003 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:02 pm SO...If Clovis is in her mind, what happened to his body? Reduced to atoms in the blast or laying dead in the dungeon?
He is down there i suppose. That is just telepathy. I think... This is clearly very vague on purpose.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

CrRAR
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: When in doubt, Nibbly!

#6 Post by CrRAR »

“Fire from the gods” for those who haven’t heard it, is a reference to Prometheus of greek legend who stole fire withheld from mortals. An indicator of the scheme Clovis has managed to pull off here intervening in what seems to be the will of dragons, a mostly up till now seemingly self-sovereign race.

Poor Reni. (;_;)
:natani:╯ ︵┻━┻
Fight the power!

steelabjur
Council Member

#7 Post by steelabjur »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:10 pm
stlsf4003 wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:02 pm SO...If Clovis is in her mind, what happened to his body? Reduced to atoms in the blast or laying dead in the dungeon?
He is down there i suppose. That is just telepathy. I think... This is clearly very vague on purpose.
IIRC, it's a mind link, like Natani and Zen have (Clovis had a back door in that and was involved in it's creation). Clovis has managed to link his and Reni's minds. Again, IIRC, Tom said Reni was about the only dragon he could have pulled this off with too.
It wouldn't surprise me if Clovis used the giant hole blown in the wall of the dungeon to make his escape from the estate, he's got what he wanted.

Rafe
Council Member

#8 Post by Rafe »

I'm wondering a bit about the term "Monarchs".
Reni and Clovis have both been given titles of royalty - Reni, the Dragon Princess; Clovis, the Prince of Greed. Neither one of them though is, strictly speaking, royalty. Also, to be a monarch means you are an unquestioned ruler, not mearly a prince or princess.

I wonder if Clovis has been, or at least feels he's been transformed into something beyond what he was before. Maybe he's gone from Prince of Greed to Monarch of Evil. And perhaps the other monarch refered to is Nora, and he's using Reni to communicate or at least get Nora's attention.

Also, the jump into the clouds here from the Estate is a little strange. Are we in a mindscape in Reni's head? Or is this a flashback to something that happened before she appeared? She clearly has her telepathic powers during this scene.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Rafe wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 11:46 pm I'm wondering a bit about the term "Monarchs".
Reni and Clovis have both been given titles of royalty - Reni, the Dragon Princess; Clovis, the Prince of Greed. Neither one of them though is, strictly speaking, royalty. Also, to be a monarch means you are an unquestioned ruler, not mearly a prince or princess.

I wonder if Clovis has been, or at least feels he's been transformed into something beyond what he was before. Maybe he's gone from Prince of Greed to Monarch of Evil. And perhaps the other monarch refered to is Nora.
Reni has always been loosely related with monarch butterflies. I think that is where the title comes form, besides their titles of course.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

S'aaruuk
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: King Adelaide

#10 Post by S'aaruuk »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Nov 21, 2021 10:01 pm The plot thickens.

Maybe he will try to use Reni power to fight Nora?
That's exactly what I think, except I believe he wants to kill Nora, not simply fight her. She's the one who gender swapped him to begin with and he's hated her ever since.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#11 Post by Bellhead »

S'aaruuk wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:12 am

That's exactly what I think, except I believe he wants to kill Nora, not simply fight her. She's the one who gender swapped him to begin with and he's hated her ever since.
I would agree, except for the wording used. He describes his need of her as "rectifying" an "indignity", not "righting a wrong", or payback, or revenge. Honestly, I think he's just trying to properly fix his gender at this point. Revenge may or may not come later.

Either way, Reni is a prime level of screwed. If that amulet gave Clovis the power to telepathically "take over" Reni's body, and by extension, power, in the same way he did to Nat in TDM, this could not possibly end well for her, or anyone she's around. Oh, this is not good.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#12 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:32 am

I would agree, except for the wording used. He describes his need of her as "rectifying" an "indignity", not "righting a wrong", or payback, or revenge. Honestly, I think he's just trying to properly fix his gender at this point. Revenge may or may not come later.

Either way, Reni is a prime level of screwed. If that amulet gave Clovis the power to telepathically "take over" Reni's body, and by extension, power, in the same way he did to Nat in TDM, this could not possibly end well for her, or anyone she's around. Oh, this is not good.
Didn't he already fixed that with the amulet? To be fair we do not even know what is exactly does.

And unfortunately this is purposely vague about Clovis intentions and powers. Not sure if he siphoned Reni magic or will control her Maybe he has no body of his own anymore, other than some ashes. Ugh hopefully we won't get perspective switched next page...
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

stlsf4003
Apprentice

#13 Post by stlsf4003 »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 2:40 am
Bellhead wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 12:32 am

Didn't he already fixed that with the amulet? To be fair we do not even know what is exactly does.

And unfortunately this is purposely vague about Clovis intentions and powers. Not sure if he siphoned Reni magic or will control her Maybe he has no body of his own anymore, other than some ashes. Ugh hopefully we won't get perspective switched next page...
The amulet was a temporary fix to his issues. As for what his body is doing right, I'm putting it all on it being vaporized in the explosion and now he and Reni are one and the same, their souls haveing merged together as one.
the lurking furry railroader

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#14 Post by Tornir »

Personally, I think Clovis is still alive and unharmed, either down in the dungeon, or teleported somewhere to safety.
What I believe we have here is Clovis pulling Reni into a mindscape in the same way Nora pulled Nat in during TDM. Notice the shoulder injury she got from the lizard rocks has suddenly vanished?

Now, if he can take control of Reni as he could with Nat, then Nat could be in big trouble right now; Clovis is guaranteed one surprise attack if he decides to go after them, and from a derg, that's all he'd need.

Kyrit
Templar

#15 Post by Kyrit »

The easiest foreshadowed option would be that yeah, Clovis begins to control Reni via a mind connection like he'd done to Nat back in TDM, but ultimately is foiled by Raine. Foreshadowed in that she nuked a control collar, which is functionally similar to a backdoor into the mind. Then Clovis, if he lives, gets to have yet another reason to hate women.