#1 Post by Tornir »

Floating Flora! :flora:
Click to go vote.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Voting Incentive for November 2021

#2 Post by Bellhead »

I see Tom has been experimenting with water effects. Beautifully done.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#3 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Honestly this started as way too abstract in stream and we were all wondering what he was drawing.

It ended up beautiful though. The bottom of the puddle, the water effects, Flora's hair. I think i mentioned it before but there is something about floras design i find soothing and calming. And have no idea what it is.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#4 Post by Bellhead »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:53 pm I think i mentioned it before but there is something about floras design i find soothing and calming. And have no idea what it is.
It's got something to do with the use of warm colors, the lack of using a very dark black for the stripes, and of course, she's almost always smiling. Her design fits her personality, and I've always felt that had something to do with it.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#5 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:56 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 7:53 pm I think i mentioned it before but there is something about floras design i find soothing and calming. And have no idea what it is.
It's got something to do with the use of warm colors, the lack of using a very dark black for the stripes, and of course, she's almost always smiling. Her design fits her personality, and I've always felt that had something to do with it.
I do love her smile. But still no idea why the other tigresses we have seen have a similar color palette and i don't find them soothing in the slightest.

She is not my favorite character. As she can be a bit annoying for my taste but i love her design!
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle

#6 Post by Bellhead »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 1:08 am
Bellhead wrote: Mon Nov 08, 2021 2:56 am
I do love her smile. But still no idea why the other tigresses we have seen have a similar color palette and i don't find them soothing in the slightest.

She is not my favorite character. As she can be a bit annoying for my taste but i love her design!
I'll chalk it up to Tom's skill. Compare Flora's expression here, as well as other side art of her, with the designs of the other tigresses. Flora always has warmer expressions, and softer eyes and stripes. She's much more physically expressive than other characters, and she doesn't have resting [censored] face like many of the other tigresses we've seen. Couple that with the spacing and thickness of her stripes compared to others', and you notice her stripes are thicker and more straight, and there are less of them. It kinda makes her look like a big stuffed animal rather than a tiger, now that I try to put it into words.

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#7 Post by Tornir »

Bellhead wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 2:09 am ////
[Flora is] much more physically expressive than other characters, and she doesn't have resting [censored] face like many of the other tigresses we've seen.
Personally, I'd just put that down to the fact that the feline face isn't used for signalling to the degree the primate face is. She's learnt to "ape the apes" in a way tigers living with other tigers in the clans haven't needed to. /headcanon
It kinda makes her look like a big stuffed animal rather than a tiger, now that I try to put it into words.
In that case, we need to get Trace into a black and red horizontally striped T-shirt, then watch the fun...

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar

#8 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Tornir wrote: Tue Nov 09, 2021 9:56 am
[Flora is] much more physically expressive than other characters, and she doesn't have resting [censored] face like many of the other tigresses we've seen.
Personally, I'd just put that down to the fact that the feline face isn't used for signalling to the degree the primate face is. She's learnt to "ape the apes" in a way tigers living with other tigers in the clans haven't needed to. /headcanon
It kinda makes her look like a big stuffed animal rather than a tiger, now that I try to put it into words.
In that case, we need to get Trace into a black and red horizontally striped T-shirt, then watch the fun...
As i think Mr moun once put it: "flora is the kind of person who can brighten up a room by simply being there" it helps she is a merry happy go lucky lass unlike the other tigresses.

Funnily enough i have always found that the all non human characters are much more expressive than then normal humans. Tom really knows how to use the extra real state.

Didn't get the part about the shirt though.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
BBCode guide

Warrl
Grand Templar

#9 Post by Warrl »

A certain other comic character often seen in the company of a tiger that is a stuffed animal, usually wears a red shirt with thin horizontal black lines.

Except when that comic is in black-and-white, of course.