Comic for October 13, 2021: Dragons, Coming Through!

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

Re: Comic for October 13, 2021: Dragons, Coming Through!

#31 Post by Tornir »

Bellhead wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:23 pm
Tornir wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:08 pm *thinks*
Okay, Nat has a load of crystals; do they have any spells that would heal a stunned derg?
Secondly, Reni can read minds; could she gain spell knowledge by lifting it from Nat's memories?
Reni, though still in adolescence, is already several years older than Natani. Remember that page where Trace asked for her age? She's in her 20's, and Natani is in his teens. Any spell Natani learned, with the exception of custom spells, Reni would probably already know, given her royal upbringing.
////
On the page after Trace asked her age, she states she doesn't know much magic.
We've seen her cast a sleep spell on Seraphina, and she used a teleport spell in a sort-of Picard manoeuvre to right-hook Brutus off the town wall. In the Oasis Room battle, and against Clovis, she doesn't appear to have used anything but dragon breath and brute strength. I'm wondering if the royal household considered it unbecoming for a princess to learn battle magic? That's why I was wondering if she could lift that knowledge from Nat.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#32 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 1:58 am While I do see your point here, I disagree that Nat is completely burnt out. By the way he's carrying himself through the last few scenes we've seen him in since then, he doesn't seem to be on the verge of collapse, and he's had time to rest since that whole debacle. We saw him huffing a bit during the fight, but nothing nearing collapse, just a bit of exhaustion, and possibly pain in some form.

That said, if the burn was [i[that[/i] serious that he couldn't perform another strong spell, he'd still be affected by it. Tom mentioned that Mana Burn, as Nat experienced, is caused by using too much magic in too short of a time. If he still has crystals, he should be able to use them just fine without further damaging his body. Provided, of course, he doesn't overdo it like he did in the fight.
While I agree that Nat is nowhere near collapse i don't think he is not in any condition to continuing any kind of strenuous activity. Specially life or death fifths with an overpowered crime lord. He is handicapped at the moment.
Tornir wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 7:09 am
Bellhead wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 9:23 pm
Tornir wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:08 pm *thinks*
Okay, Nat has a load of crystals; do they have any spells that would heal a stunned derg?
Secondly, Reni can read minds; could she gain spell knowledge by lifting it from Nat's memories?
Reni, though still in adolescence, is already several years older than Natani. Remember that page where Trace asked for her age? She's in her 20's, and Natani is in his teens. Any spell Natani learned, with the exception of custom spells, Reni would probably already know, given her royal upbringing.
////
On the page after Trace asked her age, she states she doesn't know much magic.
We've seen her cast a sleep spell on Seraphina, and she used a teleport spell in a sort-of Picard manoeuvre to right-hook Brutus off the town wall. In the Oasis Room battle, and against Clovis, she doesn't appear to have used anything but dragon breath and brute strength. I'm wondering if the royal household considered it unbecoming for a princess to learn battle magic? That's why I was wondering if she could lift that knowledge from Nat.
Had never noticed Reni pulled a "teleports behind you". That is scary.

I think we once discuss if Reni had any real military or police training. She is after all playing policewoman on a town on the far end of the empire.or is she is so strong it is unnecessary and she just swipes anyone in her path. Maybe it is simply overkill, why summon a magic missile bif you can simply roast your enemies?
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Cinnibar
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#33 Post by Cinnibar »

Well, any chance for Brutus went downhill with the magic nuke going off over the body.

Cinnibar
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

#34 Post by Cinnibar »

Tornir wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:36 pm It's difficult to see any individual currently in the manor posing a definite threat to overpowered Clovis (except :squirrel: ?)

Eric: Not a fighter. Some limited magic. Not a threat.
Eric: knows slave devices, just got one to turn on again.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#35 Post by Bellhead »

Cinnibar wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:42 pm
Tornir wrote: Thu Oct 14, 2021 1:36 pm It's difficult to see any individual currently in the manor posing a definite threat to overpowered Clovis (except :squirrel: ?)

Eric: Not a fighter. Some limited magic. Not a threat.
Eric: knows slave devices, just got one to turn on again.
From what we know, slave collars and other control devices require the device to be worn by the subject. For somebody as paranoid as Clovis, I don't think there's a way for the members to get a collar on him without being scorched. It is a possibility that control spells may play a part in the upcoming fight, but I don't see how they'd stop the fight with it.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#36 Post by Tornir »

Bellhead wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:03 pm From what we know, slave collars and other control devices require the device to be worn by the subject. For somebody as paranoid as Clovis, I don't think there's a way for the members to get a collar on him without being scorched. It is a possibility that control spells may play a part in the upcoming fight, but I don't see how they'd stop the fight with it.
I'm reminded of the old fable about belling the cat.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#37 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Bellhead wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:03 pm
From what we know, slave collars and other control devices require the device to be worn by the subject. For somebody as paranoid as Clovis, I don't think there's a way for the members to get a collar on him without being scorched. It is a possibility that control spells may play a part in the upcoming fight, but I don't see how they'd stop the fight with it.
Well also neither zen Eric nor Kat are in the foyer/lobby area and they may not even go there let alone take the shackle with them.
Tornir wrote: Thu Oct 21, 2021 5:12 pm
I'm reminded of the old fable about belling the cat.
Zen may try to sneak to Clovis and collar him. But i highly doubt he will succeed and don't think it is a good idea. Given Eric and Kat are non combatants and Zen is very hurt. Maybe a better idea to stay away from conflict for the time being.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#38 Post by AmigaDragon »

Tornir wrote: Mon Oct 18, 2021 2:08 pm *Secondly, Reni can read minds; could she gain spell knowledge by lifting it from Nat's memories?
If she could, she may know enough of magic to notice how inefficient Nat's spells are and modify them.
Technic[Bot] wrote: Wed Oct 20, 2021 12:34 am I think whatever Carver was carrying was a Spell embedded in a crystal. So convenient packages for your everyday magic needs seem to exists.
The spell may have been embedded in the whole device (wand), not just the crystal (power source).
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen