The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

Re: Comic for September 29, 2021: Seer Spies

#46 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Word of the day steeple

My working theory is that personality wise old Trace is fundamentally the same as current Trace. But removing all those years of pain an grief, he is not even 25 and already a widow with a dead child. Made him naturally a good person. His ego also got downsides a bunch.

Of course this does not take account of the dark smoke monster inside him. And the dark mana corruption also complicate the issue a lot

At this point he already remembered his wife and his child to no I'll effect. Thanks mostly to Flora. There is not much more traunating in that head of his anymore so i wouldn't worry of him going back simply out of remembering more. But if Flora were to be hurt or he were to believed she lied to him about his childe. Well then i would worry.

Also
So you say that even if given his new connections to his friends and lover he may still snap and lash at other people if he remembers too much?
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#47 Post by Bellhead »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Oct 09, 2021 12:18 am snip

Also
So you say that even if given his new connections to his friends and lover he may still snap and lash at other people if he remembers too much?
Here, case in point. Flora was in danger, and Trace reacted. In such a situation, particularly if Detritus (or somebody) happens to threaten Flora in a way that Old Trace would react strongly to, such as.. say.. the image of a wolf keidran shooting an arrow at his beloved, perhaps? It could revert his mindset, and everything he thinks and feels, to back then. Granted, his motives would still be pure (protect Flora and the child), but his anger and fear, and all that rage, would come to the surface. He'd fight with everything he had, no holds barred, with absolutely no concern for sentient life beyond those he's protecting.

That's what I meant by "snap". If emotional stress rises too high (especially in a fight or other seemingly hopeless situation), the mind can lose all sense of reason and most cognitive thought, and push forward on pure, base instinct without any moral guidelines. Think 'feral mother bear'. There's no reasoning with it, no matter what the cubs say, and she will kill anything perceived as a threat with extreme prejudice and no mercy, regardless of their danger level. If something were to happen to Flora, there's no doubt in my mind Trace would respond the same way if his friends didn't stop him by force, and I doubt they even could.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#48 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Oh i see!

I think that incident was not Trace going back to his old self. After all why old Trace defend Keidran? That was just him, as you out it, snapping to defend his wife.

In that state he is indeed dangerous to anyone but i don't think he is as dangerous as if he were to fully regress into his old grief stricken genocidal self. The former is a bomb dangerous to anyone around, even Flora, the latter is a tactical nuke more explosive yet much more precise.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#49 Post by Bellhead »

Except "nuke" would destroy one area, regardless of who's in it. That's why I use "mother bear", because they fight to protect something, destruction just happens anyway. But yeah, Old Trace would probably kill anyone Trace is currently with.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

rwstyles
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: mrs nibbley

#50 Post by rwstyles »

Perhaps the amulet is functional in the same way that the device Galactus has that is capable of destroying him works. Kills both.

We can hope that the dragon survives here.