Moderator: Moderators

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

Re: Comic for September 11, 2021: Detritus vs Stone pt3

#61 Post by Bellhead »

mhalpern wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 7:49 pm
Bellhead wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 1:30 pm
mhalpern wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:50 am I suspect Mage is doing a man behind the curtain/throne on Bahn
So you suspect Mage is calling the shots here? That could be possible. But what do you think his goal would be?

I mean, if you go back to... I think it was chapter 6 pt. 2? Neutral was seen talking to Master Seer, here. With your theory, it could have been Mage that ordered Seer to make that plan with Neutral... But if that's the case, it would seem even more likely that Mage wears the mask of Chaos, or at least has been in cahoots with it. That... makes quite a bit of sense, actually. Especially with his face beside the other Master Templar. But how would Old Trace have fit into all that? Did he know? Was it his plan from the beginning?
My thinking is that Mage is using Seer to further their genocidal goals, and plans to either remove him or carry on once Seer is no longer useful. As for old Trace, from what I've gathered he wasn't in charge for long, and from flashbacks of young Trace, he wasn't exactly comital on the whole race thing before losing Saria, at least not the way [database error] was, Mage could have ultimately orchestrated Trace's rise and downfall, having taken place over such a short span of time, wanting Mad Trace back is more an issue of wanting a weapon.
D.E. was always a racist [censored], back then. Trace, though, seemed rather indifferent beyond "I want action", 404, 1063. But about the timeline... Trace rose to power four and a half years ago comic time, 260, and had his memories erased roughly six months ago, 736, as of... maybe a week ago? Maybe less? His reign lasted roughly four years, one presidential term. A LOT can get done in four years.

That said, it was Neutral that sealed his memories, not the Mage. Or Chaos, for that matter. If we assume the Mage and Chaos are working together, that might work, except for Chaos and Neutral's conversation in the demigod realm, 206, where Chaos seems to suggest that Neutral's memory erase was a good plan that backfired; he complimented her plan, then narrated its failure. The whole scenario seems to be a bit more happenstance and random accident than actual plan by a third person (Chaos).
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

mhalpern
Citizen

#62 Post by mhalpern »

Bellhead wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:24 pm
mhalpern wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:50 am I suspect Mage is doing a man behind the curtain/throne on Bahn
So you suspect Mage is calling the shots here? That could be possible. But what do you think his goal would be?

I mean, if you go back to... I think it was chapter 6 pt. 2? Neutral was seen talking to Master Seer, here. With your theory, it could have been Mage that ordered Seer to make that plan with Neutral... But if that's the case, it would seem even more likely that Mage wears the mask of Chaos, or at least has been in cahoots with it. That... makes quite a bit of sense, actually. Especially with his face beside the other Master Templar. But how would Old Trace have fit into all that? Did he know? Was it his plan from the beginning?
My thinking is that Mage is using Seer to further their genocidal goals, and plans to either remove him or carry on once Seer is no longer useful. As for old Trace, from what I've gathered he wasn't in charge for long, and from flashbacks of young Trace, he wasn't exactly comital on the whole race thing before losing Saria, at least not the way [database error] was, Mage could have ultimately orchestrated Trace's rise and downfall, having taken place over such a short span of time, wanting Mad Trace back is more an issue of wanting a weapon.
D.E. was always a racist [censored], back then. Trace, though, seemed rather indifferent beyond "I want action", 404, 1063. But about the timeline... Trace rose to power four and a half years ago comic time, 260, and had his memories erased roughly six months ago, 736, as of... maybe a week ago? Maybe less? His reign lasted roughly four years, one presidential term. A LOT can get done in four years.

That said, it was Neutral that sealed his memories, not the Mage. Or Chaos, for that matter. If we assume the Mage and Chaos are working together, that might work, except for Chaos and Neutral's conversation in the demigod realm, 206, where Chaos seems to suggest that Neutral's memory erase was a good plan that backfired; he complimented her plan, then narrated its failure. The whole scenario seems to be a bit more happenstance and random accident than actual plan by a third person (Chaos).
That whole incident goes to show the Masks have less influence than they like to admit. However, Trace's reign was a "candle burning at both ends" even had Neutral not wiped his memory (which may be working better than they intended) he was never going to last long and see the work through, there was too big a target on his head and he was too focused on other pursuits, like cheating death. Chaos probably ALWAYS planned on replacing him, its just that was forced to happen a bit earlier than expected, and now Trace is an enemy to Chaos.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#63 Post by Technic[Bot] »

Tornir wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 10:13 am I think Euchre and Sirius are playing a long game, and that may be to make Euchre Grand Templar. Euchre aided Old Trace in deposing Mary, but only on condition she wasn't killed (so he still has feelings for her?) If he'd done that himself, he'd probably have had no choice but to kill her to stop her exposing his secret.
Trace killed all the old Masters loyal to her, so she currently has no senior people in the Templar she could call on for support; I don't think we'll be seeing a counter-revolutionary return to power from her (but we may meet up with her again at Lyn'Knoll?).

I'm also wondering how much involvement Euchre had with Neutral's plan. Their goals appear to have been broadly similar until Neutral possessed Flora and made her fight Trace, which was when he stepped in.

The current Master Mage has so far been a background character (do we even know their name?), but the illustration here looks like they're wearing some sort of face covering. If it's A Mask, which one, and why?
According to Raine euchre helped Trace because he blackmailed him into helping him. Had he not he would have killed Mary and Raine. I do believe he cares for both but despite his fallout with Mary. Not sure if trace knew that Euchre is not human but seems it is not the case.

Also yes in the comic first arc it was hinted Euchre and Sirius know a whole lot about the mask and their plans. More than any person should know and even more than Trace. I don't think Euchre is trying to conquer the world or anything. He did try before and almost managed to get his daughter killed.i believe he is only trying to fix some of the [censored] he has caused. Not sure what Sirius wants, they guy seems a sadist but helped Trace against Ephemeral Soo. He is in for the wild ride?

I always thought the mask on master mage is meant to imply the pro-human mask usually influenced the higher templar ranks specially trace and his inner circle not that he is possessed directly by chaos.
Bellhead wrote: Wed Sep 29, 2021 11:24 pm

I think the pro human mask did comment that Trace was his champion or something to that effect. And that Ephemeral original plan was to simply have Flora or Sythe shank him on his sleep or something. Which sound more reasonable than whatever convoluted mess she (he?) Come up with later.
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide