Comic for September 8, 2021: Detritus vs Stone pt2

The comic stuff here.

Moderator: Moderators

Cinnibar
New Citizen
Fav. Twokinds Character: Natani

Re: Comic for September 8, 2021: Detritus vs Stone pt2

#16 Post by Cinnibar »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:44 pm Honestly I don't think Detritus will believe him. Why? Up to a couple months it was impossible for them to conceive and it is still common knowledge it is impossible. Detritus will probably think real Trace went insane or that Flora is just lying to him because again why wouldn't he?
Don't see why Detritus wouldn't believe it. It isn't like Trace isn't known for bending the laws of magic, reality, life and death. Keidran and human? Probably an interesting spell...like Rose, the control bands, reshaping humans to Keidran, Saria's resurrection, etc.

No, what bothers Detritus would be that Trace, the Trace it knows, would never have considered it, but apparently this Trace is a full-on broken mold. But Keidran/human child? Not impossible, just (to Detritus) why would you? Because HATE.

Cinnibar
New Citizen

#17 Post by Cinnibar »

I'm also reminded, Trace would have had Nora's example of a friend and guardian. We've seen what she can do.

I expect some interesting upgrades to be revealed by Stoneward in pursuit of his purpose once Detritus threatens Fiona more directly now. I doubt it is just a large stone pet...

MatyMaty
Traveler
Fav. Twokinds Character: Sythe

#18 Post by MatyMaty »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:44 pm
And while she monologues about the insanity of Trace and the tragedy that a Keidran harlot convinced she had a child of him. Ultra Stony will smash him into a paste.
I suspect fire breath will be Detritu's undoing, not just smashing. Stoney's eyes are on fire right now.

Him
The Secret Forum Mod

#19 Post by Him »

It is unfortunate but I cannot see Stoney leaving the estate with the party. Most likely they will die or stay behind. I'm assuming we've reached the upper limit on companions and we already have Mrs. Nibbly and Red to fulfill the pet role. I do doubt they will die in this confrontation though.

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#20 Post by Tornir »

Him wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:25 am It is unfortunate but I cannot see Stoney leaving the estate with the party. Most likely they will die or stay behind. I'm assuming we've reached the upper limit on companions and we already have Mrs. Nibbly and Red to fulfill the pet role. I do doubt they will die in this confrontation though.
I think after the situation at the estate works through, the party's going to split up again.
Trace and Flora are still planning on heading for Lyn'knoll.
Keith (and Maddy, and Lyn) are Basitin diplomats, so they'll be staying (maybe moving to Morlin Hall?)
Nat will likely follow Keith, and may benefit from his diplomatic status. Zen (if nothing develops between him and Kat) may go with them.
Kat will stick with Eric, barring any other developments. Mike may also do that.
Evals still wants to go home.
Raine may stay at the estate with Rose (if she survives) for training, otherwise she's another candidate for Lyn'knoll. Red may stay with Raine.
Rose likely can't leave (and if she can, she probably won't live long if she does).
Maren (if anything does develop with Sythe) may also head there. There's currently no work at the Riftwall, so that's not an option, and the Templar think she's a wolven sympathiser.
Karen will likely stick with Maren.
Sythe is also likely to go. The wolves think he's a traitor, the humans think he's the enemy, he's got very few options ATM.
Reni (if she survives) will be returning to Morlin Hall.
Mrs Nibbly (barring some Big Reveal) will likely stick with Sythe.

I hope Maeve's alright. By the looks of things, Adira was forcibly detained, and there's no information on whether or not Maeve went with her. There's a possibility she may turn up at the estate looking for help.

AmigaDragon
Grand Templar

#21 Post by AmigaDragon »

Tornir wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 5:32 pm
Technic[Bot] wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 4:44 pm Maybe the word of detritus will sow some doubt into trace head. And we May actually see his old self, eventually, it would be a shame if the whole climax ended after fighting Trace malfunctioning Alexa/home automation and a concussed mobster
I wonder if you could reconfigure an Alexa to respond to "Roselyn"?
IIRC you have 3 choices, "Alexa", "Echo" and "Computer".
Cinnibar wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:12 am I expect some interesting upgrades to be revealed by Stoneward in pursuit of his purpose once Detritus threatens Fiona more directly now. I doubt it is just a large stone pet...
Him wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 8:25 am It is unfortunate but I cannot see Stoney leaving the estate with the party. Most likely they will die or stay behind. I'm assuming we've reached the upper limit on companions and we already have Mrs. Nibbly and Red to fulfill the pet role. I do doubt they will die in this confrontation though.
Being dragon-made (particularly by Nora), I think Stoney would be capable of leaving with Trace & crew.
"Cogito, ergo es. I think, therefore you is." Ray D. Tutto (King of the Moon) to Baron Munschaussen

Eclipse
Templar Master

#22 Post by Eclipse »

With Trace planning for him to be the baby's guardian? Nah. Stoney's probably coming along for the ride. The large amount of characters is probably going to be handled by some of them splitting up or dying.

Also Red? Pretty sure this is a typo.

Tornir
Master
Fav. Twokinds Character: Maeve

#23 Post by Tornir »

Eclipse wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 4:34 pm Also Red? Pretty sure this is a typo.
Oh, I don't know...
Probably need to keep him on a lead, but with some obedience training, he should do okay.

Eclipse
Templar Master

#24 Post by Eclipse »

Tornir wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:00 pm
Oh, I don't know...
Probably need to keep him on a lead, but with some obedience training, he should do okay.
Oh he's definitely a dog, but not a pet.

Dreamfox
Citizen

#25 Post by Dreamfox »

IHeartMaeve wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:23 am I guess all we can do now is hope that the now-untrue ideology that Humans and Keidran are genetically incompatible is either overlooked or explained away and that it all works out.
My money for the reason is still on the Subtleseed Crystal from way back in chapter 2.

Bellhead
Templar Inner Circle
Fav. Twokinds Character: Keith and Natani

#26 Post by Bellhead »

Dreamfox wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 6:22 pm
IHeartMaeve wrote: Thu Sep 09, 2021 12:23 am I guess all we can do now is hope that the now-untrue ideology that Humans and Keidran are genetically incompatible is either overlooked or explained away and that it all works out.
My money for the reason is still on the Subtleseed Crystal from way back in chapter 2.
Explained, chapter 7. Ephemural did that because they were losing the game.
Gearhead mechanic in the digital era, who will probably grow up is in the process of growing up to be a very grumpy old man.

Warrl
Grand Templar

#27 Post by Warrl »

By now there should be a tsunami of inexplicable pregnancies anywhere that teenage humans and equivalent-age keidran live in close proximity.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#28 Post by Technic[Bot] »

I will have to agree with Mr Him now. If i were a betting man i would not put much money on stony survival. He seems like someone with strong attachment to Traces past and his child, but none with current Trace. Since it seems we all, myself included, have taken a liking to this golem it is prime material to die heroically protecting Flora. He has been on the story enough for us and the characters to care, but has not enough plot significance to derail the story if he days. Pretty sure Tom wrote stony with the direct idea of killing him later. Also i doubt Rose and the manor will survive this ordeal.
Tornir wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 9:33 am
I think after the situation at the estate works through, the party's going to split up again.
Trace and Flora are still planning on heading for Lyn'knoll.
Keith (and Maddy, and Lyn) are Basitin diplomats, so they'll be staying (maybe moving to Morlin Hall?)
Nat will likely follow Keith, and may benefit from his diplomatic status. Zen (if nothing develops between him and Kat) may go with them.
Kat will stick with Eric, barring any other developments. Mike may also do that.
Evals still wants to go home.
Raine may stay at the estate with Rose (if she survives) for training, otherwise she's another candidate for Lyn'knoll. Red may stay with Raine.
Rose likely can't leave (and if she can, she probably won't live long if she does).
Maren (if anything does develop with Sythe) may also head there. There's currently no work at the Riftwall, so that's not an option, and the Templar think she's a wolven sympathiser.
Karen will likely stick with Maren.
Sythe is also likely to go. The wolves think he's a traitor, the humans think he's the enemy, he's got very few options ATM.
Reni (if she survives) will be returning to Morlin Hall.
Mrs Nibbly (barring some Big Reveal) will likely stick with Sythe.

I hope Maeve's alright. By the looks of things, Adira was forcibly detained, and there's no information on whether or not Maeve went with her. There's a possibility she may turn up at the estate looking for help.
My money is on All will have to stay in one group but not out of their own volition: After the battle of the manor is over they will have to run away, either from a wolf attack the templar, flying monkeys whatever. Probably scaping through Adira's riftwall and ending up on the northern thundra. Were they will spend a chapter (2 real years) reflecting on the recent event and gathering strength/resolve to actually try to fix the world, Trace in particular needs to do that a lot.
Tornir wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 5:00 pm
Oh, I don't know...
He needs some proper socializing and good training. Raine is the carrot, Flora can be the stick
Warrl wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:46 pm
By now there should be a tsunami of inexplicable pregnancies anywhere that teenage humans and equivalent-age keidran live in close proximity.
Honestly i do not think we will see more hybrids until next year in comic time so around 2050 . Keidran women are not fertile year round so mixed couple "can have a good time" without much worry for now. That being said, what about the human lass that keeps a cute male wolf boyfriend?
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide

MuonNeutrino
Templar GrandMaster
Fav. Twokinds Character: Rose, Natani

#29 Post by MuonNeutrino »

Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:24 am
Warrl wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:46 pm By now there should be a tsunami of inexplicable pregnancies anywhere that teenage humans and equivalent-age keidran live in close proximity.
Honestly i do not think we will see more hybrids until next year in comic time so around 2050 . Keidran women are not fertile year round so mixed couple "can have a good time" without much worry for now. That being said, what about the human lass that keeps a cute male wolf boyfriend?
Keidran females aren't always fertile, yes, but one of the two bi-yearly fertility periods for female canine keidran happened just a few weeks afterwards. So (assuming Neutral changed the rules for everyone) any mixed male human-female canine keidran couples could have potentially conceived a child already. And while felines aren't fertile year round, they do seem to have more estrus periods per year than canine keidran do, so given that it's been almost two months it's entirely possible that many of them could have had a fertile period by now as well. Flora's child will be the first, but there's been plenty of opportunity for other children to be on schedule to arrive shortly after hers. And yeah, that's also totally discounting any potential male keidran-female human pairings. Personally I do expect that a wave of hybrids is in the offing (again assuming that neutral did change the rules for everyone rather than just Trace and Flora)) - a still somewhat limited wave probably, but it would honestly be implausible if there *weren't* one, really, given what we know about human-keidran relations.

Technic[Bot]
Grand Templar
Fav. Twokinds Character: Raine!

#30 Post by Technic[Bot] »

MuonNeutrino wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:33 am
Technic[Bot] wrote: Sat Sep 11, 2021 2:24 am
Warrl wrote: Fri Sep 10, 2021 11:46 pm By now there should be a tsunami of inexplicable pregnancies anywhere that teenage humans and equivalent-age keidran live in close proximity.
Keidran females aren't always fertile, yes, but one of the two bi-yearly fertility periods for female canine keidran happened just a few weeks afterwards. So (assuming Neutral changed the rules for everyone) any mixed male human-female canine keidran couples could have potentially conceived a child already. And while felines aren't fertile year round, they do seem to have more estrus periods per year than canine keidran do, so given that it's been almost two months it's entirely possible that many of them could have had a fertile period by now as well. Flora's child will be the first, but there's been plenty of opportunity for other children to be on schedule to arrive shortly after hers. And yeah, that's also totally discounting any potential male keidran-female human pairings. Personally I do expect that a wave of hybrids is in the offing (again assuming that neutral did change the rules for everyone rather than just Trace and Flora)) - a still somewhat limited wave probably, but it would honestly be implausible if there *weren't* one, really, given what we know about human-keidran relations.
I am not sure all fertility periods are synchronized beyond across different populations of Keudran. But I am not very well versed on the topic. Also I do not remember when we got any info on the specific of strus periods. I do believe Neutral changed the rules for everyone, as it does not make sense otherwise, or maybe she was trying to pull a Bloodborne Arianna and whatever she is carrying is not Traces's

I do believe by next semester we will see a hybrid wave but they wont be common anytime soon
There are three things that motivate people: Money, fear and love.
Links to my ramblings:
Twokinds [of] data
PhpBB in the age of facebook
If you are new to this phpBB thing:
BBCode guide